Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:58:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Insider speculation growing with Weiland Solo album
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Insider speculation growing with Weiland Solo album  (Read 56147 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #200 on: February 08, 2006, 08:28:38 PM »

In my college rock history course, our teacher, who run's a nationally syndicated rock show (or contributes to) for NPR, told us that whenever you hear of solo efforts by bandmembers, the rule of thumb is:  the band is on major hiatus or done.  Well, it looks like Weiland is working on a solo album and movie, Sorum is working on a side album, and news regarding the VR follow-up is drying up.  If Come on, Come in was any indication (pretty generic, bad song), they may not be creating well together at this point.

In addition, reading certain forums, speculation among insiders is that baby steps are beginning to be taken towards the long awaited reunion.  It is all wild speculation at this point, but people in the know are starting to drop hints that there is indeed something in the works.  Take it for what it is worth, and keep in mind there is a long road ahead, and many steps to be taken before they pull this off.  Also, there are many friends of both camps in the profession (Steven Tyler, etc) that really would love and push for the band to make up.

Two things come to mind, and make this MAYBE more possible at this time.  First, the reaching out to each other by both Slash and Axl, and the media almost acting as counselors to help them reach out and make-up; and the fact that Axl said he is speaking with Izzy.  Secondly, I think CD is either done, or the band has tabled it, as the current members have all been busy with other projects themselves.

I really see no information here that warrants the comunity's attention. I think either this thread should be retitled, Reunion Discussion, or, better, locked up. Why stir up the community with what is tantamount to overspeculation.

OK Vector, then why is Yahoo running with the story today?  Yep, I am a total liar with an agenda (I am not directing that at you, but at the attitude on the board that things are either black or white--I tend to think they are grey--no one is right or wrong on this one yet, therefore speculation on the board is positive and exciting for the fans)

http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna/article.html?a=/060208/340/g3b78.html&e=l_news_dm

Download Metallica
(Wednesday February 08, 2006 12:31 AM)

Metallica have confirmed they will play the Download Festival in the UK this summer, as rumours abound that the original Guns N' Roses are planning to reform for the event.

LOL. Because as the article clearly says, Halfin had the news on his site for a couple of blinks of the eye, but alas, it is gone.  Anything else?

I really don't want to get in a pissing match.  But, in my defense this was posted on yahoo today.    I always have respected your posts Vector, even if I don't always agree. 

It's real tough to critisize people for getting excited about this, when it is posted on yahoo and other online sites; and then mentioned by Ian Astbury who works with Matt Sorum and is his former bandmate in the Cult.

I am not in the new GNR or old GNR camp--I am just excited that it seems that there are things happening, and my favorite band is in the news.  I have no clue what is true or not, but I hope we see GNR this year!

You obviously hasven't been following the fan forums long have you? lol Internet news sites having been posting these "reunion rumours" for years now. Its really nothing new that yahoo would pick up on it. I'm just surprised that MTV hasn't posted about it yet  rofl
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #201 on: February 08, 2006, 08:36:44 PM »

In my college rock history course, our teacher, who run's a nationally syndicated rock show (or contributes to) for NPR, told us that whenever you hear of solo efforts by bandmembers, the rule of thumb is:  the band is on major hiatus or done.  Well, it looks like Weiland is working on a solo album and movie, Sorum is working on a side album, and news regarding the VR follow-up is drying up.  If Come on, Come in was any indication (pretty generic, bad song), they may not be creating well together at this point.

In addition, reading certain forums, speculation among insiders is that baby steps are beginning to be taken towards the long awaited reunion.  It is all wild speculation at this point, but people in the know are starting to drop hints that there is indeed something in the works.  Take it for what it is worth, and keep in mind there is a long road ahead, and many steps to be taken before they pull this off.  Also, there are many friends of both camps in the profession (Steven Tyler, etc) that really would love and push for the band to make up.

Two things come to mind, and make this MAYBE more possible at this time.  First, the reaching out to each other by both Slash and Axl, and the media almost acting as counselors to help them reach out and make-up; and the fact that Axl said he is speaking with Izzy.  Secondly, I think CD is either done, or the band has tabled it, as the current members have all been busy with other projects themselves.

I really see no information here that warrants the comunity's attention. I think either this thread should be retitled, Reunion Discussion, or, better, locked up. Why stir up the community with what is tantamount to overspeculation.

OK Vector, then why is Yahoo running with the story today?  Yep, I am a total liar with an agenda (I am not directing that at you, but at the attitude on the board that things are either black or white--I tend to think they are grey--no one is right or wrong on this one yet, therefore speculation on the board is positive and exciting for the fans)

http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna/article.html?a=/060208/340/g3b78.html&e=l_news_dm

Download Metallica
(Wednesday February 08, 2006 12:31 AM)

Metallica have confirmed they will play the Download Festival in the UK this summer, as rumours abound that the original Guns N' Roses are planning to reform for the event.

LOL. Because as the article clearly says, Halfin had the news on his site for a couple of blinks of the eye, but alas, it is gone.  Anything else?

I really don't want to get in a pissing match.  But, in my defense this was posted on yahoo today.    I always have respected your posts Vector, even if I don't always agree. 

It's real tough to critisize people for getting excited about this, when it is posted on yahoo and other online sites; and then mentioned by Ian Astbury who works with Matt Sorum and is his former bandmate in the Cult.

I am not in the new GNR or old GNR camp--I am just excited that it seems that there are things happening, and my favorite band is in the news.  I have no clue what is true or not, but I hope we see GNR this year!

I don't mind the discussion about what would happen if there was a reunion, but I just don't see any evidence or insider speculation that anything is happening. It seems every rumor has at its core the posting by Ross Haflin on his website. The problem is that statement has been removed, for whatever reason, it is no longer a source of information. What is true is that:

1. Axl said he is still working on the new music , some of which will be heard this year.

2. Axl is being sued by Slash and Duff in no less than two civil actions.

3. Dizzy scoffed at the overtures of peace made by the band's former members.

4. Slash and Duff are members of a strong selling rock band and would be crazy to then join the new GnR partnership led only by Axl. Remember Slash and Duff acknowledge that Axl is the sole partner in the new GnR band.

5. Finck, Stinson, Pittman, Fortus, and Brain are under contract: as of December, several members were still recording parts for the new album.

6. There has been no official insider source who has declared that a reunion is in the works, only a deleted blog message and a post at Velvet Rope.

Under careful scrutiny, there is more evidence who the Zodiac killer was than for the watermarks of a peace settlement and reconciliation

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #202 on: February 08, 2006, 08:41:10 PM »

great post ok

but you know what I have found that is cheaper and not as consuming as building a time machine?

people who want to relive 1987 and old GNR...just go see VR.? I can guarantee you after you do that you will better understand why Axl said music has to evolve peace

Amen Dolphin...I remember reading as a kid that dolphins are very intelligent. ?You've proven those scientists correct! ? beer ? Seriously, JamesLofton and Dolphin are hitting the nail on the head with this one. ?ok  Old GNR is dead and buried.  Also, it's easy to bash a guy like Axl who doesn't fight back.  Hopefully Axl's just rope-a-doping just like Muhammad Ali did about 30 years ago...ya know, keep taking the punches and fight back at the right moment.  Wink 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #203 on: February 08, 2006, 08:56:12 PM »

Hopefully Axl's just rope-a-doping just like Muhammad Ali did about 30 years ago...ya know, keep taking the punches and fight back at the right moment.   

exactly. beer.if a reunion takes place then so be it but im sure alot of poeple would reallllllllllllyyyyyy like to see CD and VRs new album first.i mean c,mon, we,ve been waiting too long to forget about it all now  peace

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #204 on: February 08, 2006, 08:56:45 PM »

wow the board is on fire, people really seem to believe that something is cooking.. interesting!

the last RS statement realle prepared us for this rumor about a big festival, but it so doesn't add up to the fact that cd is supposed to be out, liberated etc. etc.

my guess is that this will die off as soon as as all the headliners for download are listed and gn'r is not on there... will just be back here, waiting our usual wait for cd... hope to god i'm wrong tho, a reunion would be awsome.

would a reunion kick cd totaly out of the picture tho?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #205 on: February 08, 2006, 09:01:10 PM »

wow the board is on fire, people really seem to believe that something is cooking.. interesting!

the last RS statement realle prepared us for this rumor about a big festival, but it so doesn't add up to the fact that cd is supposed to be out, liberated etc. etc.

my guess is that this will die off as soon as as all the headliners for download are listed and gn'r is not on there... will just be back here, waiting our usual wait for cd... hope to god i'm wrong tho, a reunion would be awsome.

Allready announced and guns wasnt one of them http://www.getlive.co.uk/festivals/lineup.aspx?rid=90843
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #206 on: February 08, 2006, 09:03:53 PM »

That isn't a set in stone lineup....The only think confirmed on that site is The Prodigy.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #207 on: February 08, 2006, 09:05:34 PM »

I think if GNR announces a festival, it will be after others are announced. ?GNR like to do things a little different, and grab the spotlight. ?I would love to see the new or old band announced for some of these festivals. ?It seems that GNR have grabbed more free publicity, and are getting more pub. than at anytime I can remember since the RIR III gig! The nice thing, is it all seems to be very positive publicity--the kind that really get's people interested and curious!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #208 on: February 08, 2006, 09:09:46 PM »

That isn't a set in stone lineup....The only think confirmed on that site is The Prodigy.

Actually metallica has confirmed on their website that they would be playing download http://www.metallica.com/metontour/logon/logon.asp
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #209 on: February 08, 2006, 09:11:48 PM »

Actually metallica has confirmed on their website that they would be playing download http://www.metallica.com/metontour/logon/logon.asp
Fantastic, but the site you posted...... hasn't confirmed a lineup. So their sudden lack of GnR being mentioned means nothing.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #210 on: February 08, 2006, 10:09:23 PM »

Fantastic, but the site you posted...... hasn't confirmed a lineup. So their sudden lack of GnR being mentioned means nothing.
it does.it means their realistic and not in a dream world  peace

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #211 on: February 08, 2006, 11:12:10 PM »

Scott is just finishing the solo album he put on the shelf to join VR. He always planned to finish it.

All of these guys do various solo projects. means nothing.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Drugtongue
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #212 on: February 09, 2006, 12:12:24 AM »

?

was wondering what was mentioned to sorum by ian astbury
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #213 on: February 09, 2006, 01:29:12 AM »

i dont think poeple will stop talking about a reunion until CD hits the shelves

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #214 on: February 09, 2006, 01:40:21 AM »

I dont even think that would stop it. As long as there are dipshits to post bullshit rumours, and people gullible enough to believe it, it will always happen. The GNR online community needs to grow a backbone and take a stand against this type of nonsense.

Warren
« Reply #215 on: February 09, 2006, 01:48:03 AM »

Whatever you may say, a strong majority of GN'R fans WANT a reunion.

If Axl or his management are unaware of that fact, they will be in trouble.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #216 on: February 09, 2006, 01:54:35 AM »

I suspect there are more people out there who want a reunion than those who don't.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #217 on: February 09, 2006, 01:57:10 AM »

Do we place you in the gullible category? hihi

Warren
« Reply #218 on: February 09, 2006, 02:04:01 AM »

Do we place you in the gullible category? hihi
I'm certainly gullible concerning a reunion; not concerning the new band' chances... Wink
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #219 on: February 09, 2006, 02:04:48 AM »

agree. ?I want to see CD come out and a tour with the new band rather then a re union tour.

I mean look at motley crew for example, they couldnt do it on their own, so they got alot of money, reform, tour, and put out a lame new album.  I trully believe Axl is working hard on CD and is doing everything he can to make it successful whenever it comes out, rather then just reform the old guns and continue to re hash their original material.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 02:08:42 AM by GnR-NOW » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: