Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:29:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Insider speculation growing with Weiland Solo album
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Insider speculation growing with Weiland Solo album  (Read 56148 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #220 on: February 09, 2006, 02:23:08 AM »

agree. ?I want to see CD come out and a tour with the new band rather then a re union tour.

I mean look at motley crew for example, they couldnt do it on their own, so they got alot of money, reform, tour, and put out a lame new album.

The Crue didn't put out a new album. And maybe Axl realizes he can't do it on his own either.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #221 on: February 09, 2006, 02:29:05 AM »

i meant the red white and crue album.  If the original gnr were to reform a similar approach wouldnt work, thats what i meant

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #222 on: February 09, 2006, 02:33:58 AM »

i meant the red white and crue album.? If the original gnr were to reform a similar approach wouldnt work, thats what i meant

I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but if GNR were to reunite, and had put out the greatest hits album that was released along with 2-3 new tracks they worked on together, the same approach would work. Probably even better than it worked for the Crue.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #223 on: February 09, 2006, 04:56:40 AM »

There is no such thing as a 'rumour'. 99,9% of the rumours on here are just "thoughts" or "things people want to hear themselves" so they make things up from there computer. They call it a rumour???

No way, you could only call it a 'rumour' if allot of newspapers are reporting that a reunion is likely if axl looseliply, none or less wouldn't deny it with words. But that is not the case. A reunion will not happen, look at the post jarmo made. Axl gave an interview none or less a few weeks ago.

People just make shit up based on nothing but wishfull thinking. You shouldn't even call it a rumour.

I suggest every so called "rumour" on here should be called "wishfull thinking" Then it would be actually a right rumour.

And insiders my ass.

The only insiders are Merck, axl and de bandmembers.

well news papers are actually reporting it....

This is just lame. The reunion rumour started when Axl said he had talked with Izzy and that he loves Slash. The very next day if you searched in google news, a reunion was inminent!!!. Lame  journalism, it's just that.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #224 on: February 09, 2006, 07:56:56 AM »

Matt Sorums' manager saw Matt Sorum yesterday and he has been able to set us straight on some of the recent gossip filling the airways.

The rumours stating that Slash is set to rejoin GN'R, that Matt is set to rejoin the Cult and that Scott Weiland is doing a solo album are, not supringly, "all false".

With regards to the Cult rumour, Matt's manager told us, "He is helping Billy Duffy (Cult) with his solo album (at Matt's studio). Billy and Ian are putting together a Cult tour (March timeframe) but Matt is not the drummer (drummer is still TBD)."

With regards to the forthcoming Velvet Revolver album, we were told, "Everyone still writing for the next VR album

on sp1at's main site
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #225 on: February 09, 2006, 08:27:32 AM »

rofl

I don't think that a reunion will happen in the near future but it's ridiculous when Axl die-hards nix Halfin's words just because he was wrong about his 'CD's done' comment. LOL, if you think that this makes his every GN'R-related comment false then you shouldn't believe any word of Axl, Merck and the employees.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
makane
Legend

« Reply #226 on: February 09, 2006, 08:50:28 AM »

There will be NO STP reunion. dunno if someone already mentioned it (didn't want to read 15 pages of speculation).

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #227 on: February 09, 2006, 08:56:50 AM »

Funny, you seem to be declaring yourself an expert. ?I actually don't think Mysteron, Axl, Merck or anyone would think that anyone is trying to be an expert or reading too much into things when Ian Astbury, apparently someone from CAA, and Ross Halfin publically mentioned that GNR were possibly reuniting for some summer Festivals. ?Really, it was printed on online magazines. ?Is someone delusional for reading it, internalizing it, and thinking it's possible. ?No. ?Does it justify personal attacks, and argumentative posts. ?No. ?

Let it be, as it seems that no one knows much. ?But, one thing is certain, someone told Halfin and Astbury something, and they told their fans. ?That really did happen, and no one is crazy for reading it and speculating that it was possible. ?End of story. ?Quit trying to ostracize and create factions and fights people. ?We all love GNR.

Questioning the "source" of someone's information isn't trying to ostracize, create faction, start fights, or be argumentative.

It's trying to figure out the credibility of the information and get to the truth of the matter, rather than the fantasy of the rumor. 

And we've pretty much covered how credible the 3 pieces of information above are....  But you're right.  Now it's up to the individuals to determine whether they actually want to internalize it, use it as basis for their opinion, and speculate.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #228 on: February 09, 2006, 09:04:26 AM »

I'm starting to think that eventually this will be settled out of court.

I think that's been the prevailing opinion from the get go.  It would certainly be in everyone's best interests for that to happen.  A jury trial isn't in ANYONE'S best interests.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #229 on: February 09, 2006, 09:08:27 AM »

OK Vector, then why is Yahoo running with the story today?? Yep, I am a total liar with an agenda (I am not directing that at you, but at the attitude on the board that things are either black or white--I tend to think they are grey--no one is right or wrong on this one yet, therefore speculation on the board is positive and exciting for the fans)

http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna/article.html?a=/060208/340/g3b78.html&e=l_news_dm

Download Metallica
(Wednesday February 08, 2006 12:31 AM)

Metallica have confirmed they will play the Download Festival in the UK this summer, as rumours abound that the original Guns N' Roses are planning to reform for the event.

Sourced directly from the less than credible Halfin comments.

Again, we're watching the forest fire feed upon itself.

Together again,
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #230 on: February 09, 2006, 09:17:08 AM »

Matt Sorums' manager saw Matt Sorum yesterday and he has been able to set us straight on some of the recent gossip filling the airways.

The rumours stating that Slash is set to rejoin GN'R, that Matt is set to rejoin the Cult and that Scott Weiland is doing a solo album are, not supringly, "all false".

Nice find Dolphin ok

elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #231 on: February 09, 2006, 09:26:34 AM »

With regards to the Cult rumour, Matt's manager told us, "He is helping Billy Duffy (Cult) with his solo album (at Matt's studio). Billy and Ian are putting together a Cult tour (March timeframe) but Matt is not the drummer (drummer is still TBD)."

With regards to the forthcoming Velvet Revolver album, we were told, "Everyone still writing for the next VR album

on sp1at's main site

Glad that's all cleared up then.

SG
Warren
« Reply #232 on: February 09, 2006, 09:36:32 AM »

Glad that's all cleared up then.

SG
Life is so simple sometimes.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #233 on: February 09, 2006, 10:07:18 AM »

There is no such thing as a 'rumour'. 99,9% of the rumours on here are just "thoughts" or "things people want to hear themselves" so they make things up from there computer. They call it a rumour???

No way, you could only call it a 'rumour' if allot of newspapers are reporting that a reunion is likely if axl looseliply, none or less wouldn't deny it with words. But that is not the case. A reunion will not happen, look at the post jarmo made. Axl gave an interview none or less a few weeks ago.

People just make shit up based on nothing but wishfull thinking. You shouldn't even call it a rumour.

I suggest every so called "rumour" on here should be called "wishfull thinking" Then it would be actually a right rumour.

And insiders my ass.

well news papers are actually reporting it....

This is just lame. The reunion rumour started when Axl said he had talked with Izzy and that he loves Slash. The very next day if you searched in google news, a reunion was inminent!!!. Lame  journalism, it's just that.

yeah  really lame journalism......but i guess with gnr good journalism is a hard job....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #234 on: February 09, 2006, 10:24:52 PM »

The person who said this? is a "garbage" thread 11-12 pages ago was? right. This whole thread is baseless and nothing more than a transparent? attempt to pad? someone's numbers? count by responding to rational answers? from a baseless rumor--that? is preposterous and will not happen anytime? soon. Lock the motherfucker and save us all some grief.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 10:28:28 PM by Krispy Kreme » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: