Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 11:10:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227860 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Reuters/Hollywood Reproter Review - Inland Invasion
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reuters/Hollywood Reproter Review - Inland Invasion  (Read 7127 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2006, 11:44:09 AM »

They didn't.  Look at my past posts, I am a diehard GNR fan, but I am not delusional (I really cannot believe that some of the people that post really believe what they are saying).  I hate Linkin Park, but AIC was very well received and played to a full crowd.  The Loges emptied by the time Bach took the stage:  not like a few people leaving, like everyone was gone.   I was pissed at the crowd for being lame, but also pissed at how boneheaded the GNR camp is to think that on their comeback they can wait for two hours after AIC to play.  It pissed everyone off.  It's not like it was a hot day, and everyone had been drinking beer since 2 in the afternoon, and had to drive about two hours back to LA.? 

Watching the webcast, the band looked great, but sitting in the Loge, one could barely hear, and it lacked any raw power.

Why would an objective reviewer make something like that up then?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2006, 11:51:38 AM »

Thanks for posting your viewpoint Minneapolis, sometimes there's two sides to every story. Sounds like they put on a good show, but to put 2 hours in between acts is pretty ridiculous.?

I remember during Lollapalooza's of the 90's the finale was the toughest act to make it thru, like you said with us drinking, standing & being in the sun all day since @ noon, by 10 or 11 we were beat. Plus, during those there was only about 20 minute intermission while the band set up. Live 8 had a strict rule, something like 10 minutes or so, then again, they were saying they'd pull the plug if the set went over 15 minutes.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 11:53:17 AM by pasnow » Logged
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2006, 11:58:33 AM »

Thanks for posting your viewpoint Minneapolis, sometimes there's two sides to every story. Sounds like they put on a good show, but to put 2 hours in between acts is pretty ridiculous. 

I remember during Lollapalooza's of the 90's the finale was the toughest act to make it thru, like you said with us drinking, standing & being in the sun all day since @ noon, but 10 or 11 we were beat. Plus, during those there was only about 20 minute intermission while the band set up. Live 8 had a strict rule, something like 10 minutes or so, then again, they were saying they'd pull the plug if the set went over 15 minutes.

No problem, I was very down about the whole thing yesterday, until I saw the videos of the webcast.  I really, had a tough time hearing the show from Loge 6, row B.  I am glad I saw Muse though, holy shit!!  They are incredible!!  GNR needs to turn it up a few notchs in the larger venues!! 
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2006, 02:13:53 PM »

Now thats a review I enjoyed reading! Good work lads!! Mike

inho
Headliner

Arnold? Who's Arnold?

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2006, 02:59:10 PM »

about time there was a decent review
seems all media hates axl.
but even if you dont like the guy personaly the new songs are strong, the band is tight and axl sounds better than 2002.

lets hope for a few more reasonable reviews

If this ridiculous album ever comes out, I'm going to buy it 3 times.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2006, 03:00:15 PM »

Sorry to hear that Minny...but I was in Loge 7, and the sound was fan-freakin'-tastic! 
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2006, 03:12:57 PM »

Maybe both....but like I said a few posts above this, this has been going on since 91'....they would even give Slash and Duff shit....not just Axl......They suck dick for a living....it happens....err......so who's got the e-mail address?....I will send something and show you guys my e-mail and what he replied......

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2006, 03:29:09 PM »

Awesome fucking review!! Just reading it got me pumped up.? That was an important show for them because there were so many fans of various bands there, and I'm sure if they didn't like GN'R before, they do now.? It's funny that Sebastian Bach got a bigger ovation coming out for GN'R than Chester Bennington from Linkin Park, when he came out for Man in the Box with AIC. No offense to anyone that likes Linkin Park but I hate that Alice in Chains actually brought him out, what a waste.? But that's not what this thread is about, it's about the best live band in the world right now. I'm glad everyone that saw the show in person, had a great fucking time and made it home safe.

Look, don't fool yourself.? I love GNR as much as the next guy, but really try to stay realistic about things: The Loges were full when AIC played, the Loges were empty when GNR played.? Sebastian got a great ovation, but from 15,000 people, as opposed to the 40,000 that were there when AIC played.? GNR came on way too late, and everyone who paid $75.00 for Loge seats left because they could not hear.? Really was a bummer.? Wish I was down in the pit.

I should also note, that while there were tons of GNR fans and shirts there, So. California is not a great place for a GNR show.? The fans really seem to whine, and are quite weak.? Nothing like a New York, or Chicago GNR show!!? All the Emo kids, and fans around me were like: "ok, we got to here Axl, it's 1 a.m., let's go." and bolted.? ?Pretty lame, but it was a long day.

Man, this is some bullshit. First off don't think for a second that fucking Kroq and the crowd at Inland represents Los Angeles. The heart of L.A. isnt where Inland was. GNR playing at Staples, the Forum, and the Ampitheater, is where the "Fans" are all going to be all over GNR. Shit dude I didnt even want to go to Inland. Couldnt give a shit about the other bands there. I understand its important for GNR to get in good with Kroq...but Kroq never gave a fuck about GNR in the past...never, and I mean NEVER played them.

You wanted to hear GNR in LA you had 3 choices. KNAC, Pirate Radio, and 95.5. Anyway I am responding to this post because it is way off base. That is a real bad generalization of LA fans. Come on down to the Universal shows for an eye opener.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2006, 03:42:41 PM »

excellent review - its amazing how different journalists can have such opposing views of the same thing. Most of the reviews Ive seen on the net have been mediocre at best.

good stuff

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2006, 04:17:47 PM »

Awesome fucking review!! Just reading it got me pumped up.  That was an important show for them because there were so many fans of various bands there, and I'm sure if they didn't like GN'R before, they do now.  It's funny that Sebastian Bach got a bigger ovation coming out for GN'R than Chester Bennington from Linkin Park, when he came out for Man in the Box with AIC. No offense to anyone that likes Linkin Park but I hate that Alice in Chains actually brought him out, what a waste.  But that's not what this thread is about, it's about the best live band in the world right now. I'm glad everyone that saw the show in person, had a great fucking time and made it home safe.

Look, don't fool yourself.  I love GNR as much as the next guy, but really try to stay realistic about things: The Loges were full when AIC played, the Loges were empty when GNR played.  Sebastian got a great ovation, but from 15,000 people, as opposed to the 40,000 that were there when AIC played.  GNR came on way too late, and everyone who paid $75.00 for Loge seats left because they could not hear.  Really was a bummer.  Wish I was down in the pit.

I should also note, that while there were tons of GNR fans and shirts there, So. California is not a great place for a GNR show.  The fans really seem to whine, and are quite weak.  Nothing like a New York, or Chicago GNR show!!  All the Emo kids, and fans around me were like: "ok, we got to here Axl, it's 1 a.m., let's go." and bolted.   Pretty lame, but it was a long day.

Man, this is some bullshit. First off don't think for a second that fucking Kroq and the crowd at Inland represents Los Angeles. The heart of L.A. isnt where Inland was. GNR playing at Staples, the Forum, and the Ampitheater, is where the "Fans" are all going to be all over GNR. Shit dude I didnt even want to go to Inland. Couldnt give a shit about the other bands there. I understand its important for GNR to get in good with Kroq...but Kroq never gave a fuck about GNR in the past...never, and I mean NEVER played them.

You wanted to hear GNR in LA you had 3 choices. KNAC, Pirate Radio, and 95.5. Anyway I am responding to this post because it is way off base. That is a real bad generalization of LA fans. Come on down to the Universal shows for an eye opener.

That's the way it is Buddha, you tell 'em how it is!
melissa
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2006, 02:32:21 AM »

from MTV:

At 10:50 p.m., nearly two hours after the previous band had left the stage, it was looking like those songs were going to come in handy. After all, something needed to calm the edgy crowd, who were booing, throwing full cups of beer (even at $11.50 each!) and starting fires in the lawn section.

Fortunately ? and fittingly ? just as another army of security guards was rushing in, the stage went dark and the familiar guitar riff of "Welcome to the Jungle" rang through the speakers.

Guns N' Roses treated the sold-out Hyundai Pavilion audience to a 19-song, hit-filled set featuring all but three tracks from Appetite for Destruction and only four new songs. There were a few surprises ? guitarists Robin Finck and Richard Fortus played an instrumental version of Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful," and Skid Row singer Sebastian Bach joined in on "My Michelle" ? but it was mostly Rose doing what he does best: wailing, posing and snake-dancing to songs from "Sweet Child O' Mine" to "You Could Be Mine."

Axl's four costume changes were unnecessary and even the metal-mocking Sunset Strip faves Metal Skool don't solo this much, but it was still the kind of show you hold your bladder for. Watching Rose, whose rare banter was more geeky excitement than mysterious vanity, joke about their downloaded tracks and jump on to Dizzy Reed's grand piano during the unreleased ballad "The Blues" were must-see moments, even for the many musicians who stuck around to catch a glimpse.

"It's a dream come true for me," Buckcherry singer Josh Todd said backstage. "Guns N' Roses really inspired me when I was a youth."

"I wish I could go back to my 14-year-old self and say, 'Hey, you're going to be opening for Guns N' Roses,'" added Rise Against singer Tim McIlrath.

GN'R, of course, weren't the only anticipated reunion act at Inland Invasion, as Alice in Chains also entertained the crowd with a greatest-hits set.

full article here:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1541675/20060925/guns_n_roses.jhtml?headlines=true
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: