Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:30:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Special Guests
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Special Guests  (Read 16953 times)
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

I might be too much but honey you're a bit obscene

« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2006, 12:52:32 AM »

^ I'm a "her".? ?Grin

And now I'm wondering what song Axl and Pink would sound good singing together...? Maybe "Yesterdays"?

Meh...? I'll stick with my original answer: Axl and Robert Plant singing "D'yer Mak'er".? Twas Axl's MTV interview with Kurt Loder that gave me that idea.? Axl said that when that song came out, he was making fun of it in the morning, but by afternoon he was holding his portable radio to his ear, waiting for it to come on, so he could hear it again.

we need more females on the board....calms it down a bit...

I will stick with my orginal an far fetched answer.....prince playing guitar in front his hometown with axl and gnr.

Hey, Slash played guitar for Michael Jackson, so Prince playing guitar for GNR is not so far-fetched!  I think that would be AWESOME!   Cool
chinese69illusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2006, 06:24:42 AM »

hmm Lou Reed or Iggy Pop
But I would rather have him and Mike Patton do a duet but that will never happen.

?You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.?
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2006, 07:48:37 AM »

It might've back in 1991 when Faith No More was opening for GN'R, but certaintly not now.

Patton's weird...

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2006, 07:55:11 AM »

^ I'm a "her".   Grin

And now I'm wondering what song Axl and Pink would sound good singing together...  Maybe "Yesterdays"?

Meh...  I'll stick with my original answer: Axl and Robert Plant singing "D'yer Mak'er".  Twas Axl's MTV interview with Kurt Loder that gave me that idea.  Axl said that when that song came out, he was making fun of it in the morning, but by afternoon he was holding his portable radio to his ear, waiting for it to come on, so he could hear it again.

I will stick with my orginal an far fetched answer.....prince playing guitar in front his hometown with axl and gnr.

Hey, Slash played guitar for Michael Jackson, so Prince playing guitar for GNR is not so far-fetched!  I think that would be AWESOME!   Cool

Prince is really an incredible guitar player. He can pretty much master any style at all. I think it'd just be incredible to see him play w/ GNR.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2006, 08:09:34 AM »

Johnny Deep playing guitar and sing some GNR song with Axl ok.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2006, 09:46:29 AM »

Alice Cooper for "Under My Wheels" , Steve Jones for "Did You no wrong" (if anyone got a mp3 of those plz pm me)
and Christina Augeilera for "Beatutiful" either just her with Richard and Robin or a duett with Axl

Or my dream come true Juliette Lewis for "It's so easy" drool

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2006, 09:47:21 AM »

Johnny Deep playing guitar and sing some GNR song with Axl ok.

You're not a girl and you want Johnny "Deep" (it's Depp  ok) to play with Axl?  nervous

Just kiddin', I love the Deppster, he's a great actor and a bit of an oddball!
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2006, 09:58:30 AM »

Eddie Vedder - I used to love her
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2006, 03:15:55 PM »

Alice Cooper for "Under My Wheels" ...

Not that would be a kick ass duet!

Am I wrong or is there a version of that song floating around with Axl singing it?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2006, 04:15:36 PM »

There is a version of Under My Wheels with Axl. I have it. It's on the Alice Cooper Box Set. The Life and Crimes of Alice Cooper.

I'd like to see Axl and Alice do "The Ballad Of Dwight Fry" together. Or Axl and Marilyn Manson doing "One In A Million" together.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 04:19:30 PM by 1badapple » Logged
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2006, 06:52:10 PM »

^ I'm a "her".? ?Grin

And now I'm wondering what song Axl and Pink would sound good singing together...? Maybe "Yesterdays"?

Meh...? I'll stick with my original answer: Axl and Robert Plant singing "D'yer Mak'er".? Twas Axl's MTV interview with Kurt Loder that gave me that idea.? Axl said that when that song came out, he was making fun of it in the morning, but by afternoon he was holding his portable radio to his ear, waiting for it to come on, so he could hear it again.

Hey, Slash played guitar for Michael Jackson, so Prince playing guitar for GNR is not so far-fetched!? I think that would be AWESOME!? ?Cool

Prince is really an incredible guitar player. He can pretty much master any style at all. I think it'd just be incredible to see him play w/ GNR.

Kick ass to see someone else on the board knows how unbelievable of a guitar player he is.  Maybe thats why I hate to see him in the same sentence as Michael Jackson, prince is a musical genius, I dunno what the MJ is.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
AtariLegend
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2006, 06:58:01 PM »

Zindine Zidane- They could do the dance of the head butt together.
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2006, 03:39:01 AM »

Kick ass to see someone else on the board knows how unbelievable of a guitar player he is.? Maybe thats why I hate to see him in the same sentence as Michael Jackson, prince is a musical genius, I dunno what the MJ is.

MJ was good when he was a black man singing R&B.  He officially hit the "suck" button when he became a white woman grabbing her crotch in the "Bad" video.

BTW, kudos to the poster who mentioned Juliette Lewis on "It's So Easy".  Segue from that into Axl and her singing "Hardly Wait" and I think I would die and go to heaven. 
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2006, 10:55:15 PM »

Mick Jagger w/ Axl -  Wild Horses

Elton John w/ Axl  -  Someone Saved My Life Tonight

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
no more patience
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2006, 01:05:33 AM »

whats wrong with wishing a reunion or an ex member going on stage?

this is a song about your fucking mother!
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2006, 01:24:15 AM »

slash & duff......fvck yeah!!!

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
snooze72
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2006, 01:48:09 AM »

Jimmy Page guesting on a GNR cover of Immigrant Song or Communication Breakdown.

I'd vote for this!?

And it could happen -- Merck is a Led Zeppelin FREAK, he's even a collector.? And somebody at Sanctuary manages Plant and I think they may even have the LZ catalogue.

Backstreet Boys on "Nice Boys don?t play rock n? roll" haha hihi rofl

Hey, the Backstreet Boys are great singers.? Love to hear them on a note-perfect version of SCOM.

Although maybe a group with a little more soul ...? Patience with Sweet Honey in the Rock a cappela?? I'm SO there!

Grin? ?
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2006, 08:18:36 AM »

Mick Jagger w/ Axl -  Wild Horses

Elton John w/ Axl  -  Someone Saved My Life Tonight

I'd like to hear Jagger join in on a duet of one Stones tune and one obviously Stones influences GN'R tune.

Dead Flowers followed by Used To Love Her

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2006, 12:18:08 PM »

bob zombie or iggy pop...

Meh...  I'll stick with my original answer: Axl and Robert Plant singing "D'yer Mak'er".  Twas Axl's MTV interview with Kurt Loder that gave me that idea.  Axl said that when that song came out, he was making fun of it in the morning, but by afternoon he was holding his portable radio to his ear, waiting for it to come on, so he could hear it again.

Wow,
I wrote in some thread about the faint resemblance between catch'er in the rye and the song but I didn't know this story.
how did he pronounce D'yer Mak'er?
One poster knew it!
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2006, 06:15:27 PM »

how did he pronounce D'yer Mak'er?

It sounded like "Jamaica"...  "Jer maker" maybe?  However Robert Plant intended it.   yes
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: