Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:46:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How many.....
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How many.....  (Read 5784 times)
robd788
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2007, 07:36:20 AM »

I agree curiosity will sell some, but in the end it will be the quality of the songs.  If the songs are kick-ass then any casual fans who like them will buy it, they wont care about the wait.

Also sod downloaded it I want to get the satisfaction of walking into my local hmv picking the cd up in my own hands and taking it to the counter to pay, thats what I am waiting for!!
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2007, 08:00:59 AM »

Everyone who I know who was a massive Guns fan back in the day say they wont buy it, and that 'Axl & Friends' are a total joke. And thats after hearing the leaks.

As for me, I'll download it probably. Axl can make his money from the AFD tours.....

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2007, 09:21:40 AM »

i agree that curiosity will sell some albums, as will new fans - ive been quite surprised at the number of younger fans there are, even if many of them are fans partly coz of their parents.

but ultimately i dont see why it matters o any of us. itd be nice to see them do well in a way, i certainly am not a "they're my band leave them alone" kinda person. but im sure many of us here are fans of bands who have achieved very little comercial success at all. that doesnt stop us liking them tho, does it?

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2007, 09:49:42 AM »

I think if Axl can fix his tarnished image, in the eyes of the casual fan people will look past everything(yes, we might like the bad boy, bot alot think axl is a complete douche, so he's gotta come off as a good guy who's matured!!)...  In that case (and the songs have to be great), it'll sell fine...

floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2007, 10:35:53 AM »

I think curiosity alone will sell a bunch of albums. I tell people all the time about it, and their pissed that its just axl with a bunch of new guys, but than a few minutes later they almost always say well I'd prolly buy it just to check it out.? smoking

Curiosity this day in age means they will illegally burn the album off a share drive and not buy the CD.
Times have changed, I for one will be at the store picking  up the cd but IMO there will be alot of people who willl just burn it and not waste their money if they are not  a "true fan"
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2007, 03:09:21 PM »

GNR fans will buy the album, hardcore or not, and there are enough GNR fans to make the album relatively successful, but not to make it successful for a GNR album (nevermind one as worked on as this). I mean it will sell well like any big name release, but the songs off the album will have to catch on if it's going to go beyond that. It's all about how well the songs are recieved.

I knew 20 people willing to buy it on march 6th, but probably wont afterwards. This was the last straw...
they are not some hard core fans... they are casual listeners...
they dont take shit from anyone.

lol... they're casual listeners, but they had a last straw?  Roll Eyes
What's that like? "Hey i'm not a big GNR fan,  but Axl has pissed me off for the last time! I'm not buying his long awaited album because i'm sick of all these delays i've heard about, casually."
More Famous Than Almost
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2007, 05:03:50 PM »

I know tons of casuals that will buy it just because they are curious as to what Axl has been doing for the past 10 years or so.

^That was the longest run-on sentence ever.  Shocked
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2007, 05:19:40 PM »

Change your name back, damnit!

And, no I've seen longer runon's at mygnr.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2007, 05:43:19 PM »

Anyone who says that they're gonna download the CD instead of buy it might as well just fuck off and never come back.

Fucking bastards.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: