Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:27:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  finck: not the studio guy?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: finck: not the studio guy?  (Read 20719 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2007, 07:58:22 PM »

My God. The crowd or fans don't decide who's in the band.

If you think Izzy is as big part of the band as he was up until 1991, then I think you're wrong.

I think the majority of fans view Izzy as a former band member who did some guest spots here and there because he likes to play with the band and he got in touch with Axl again after all these years.

/jarmo

I view him as a guest/friend...
but I do agree, many people may consider him a member...

make a poll about it.

edit: there's the whole "under the sea" or "deep is the sea" thing from 2001...
remember... Axl called Izzy and asked him about recordings of a certain song.
there are also some izzy interviews from the pre 00 where he says he contributed in the writing process of some "new" songs.
we dont know if any of those songs survive up to this date...

« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 08:01:50 PM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2007, 09:12:28 PM »

If you think Izzy is as big part of the band as he was up until 1991, then I think you're wrong.

I think the majority of fans view Izzy as a former band member who did some guest spots here and there because he likes to play with the band and he got in touch with Axl again after all these years.

/jarmo

I view him as a guest/friend...
but I do agree, many people may consider him a member...

make a poll about it.

I would make a poll, but it would be deleted as soon as people started saying they view him as a member or want him as a member.? ?yes

btw, I dig whoever made it GNN - Guns N Roses News Network.    hihi

/bringbackadler
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 09:14:19 PM by bringbackadler » Logged

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2007, 09:14:39 PM »

I suggest a little more "broadband"...
the main htgth poll...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2007, 09:16:30 PM »

I suggest a little more "broadband"...
the main htgth poll...

Oh ok. Btw, I dug the Tobias thread while it lasted.? ?ok

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2007, 09:19:51 PM »

Back on topic , no matter what his studio output has been thus far , there is no doubt that Robin has worked some magic all these years in the studio working for Mr.Rose. The demo's alone tell us that much.

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2007, 10:39:12 PM »

/jarmo

Exactly right. A great  post.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2007, 11:03:16 PM »

/jarmo

Exactly right. A great  post.
yea, right. I dunno how people think that he is a band member, lol. He asked Axl if he could play w/ them and Axl said yes. Nothing with it. He is a friend of Axl, nothing more.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
blackvelvet
Banned
Headliner

sexcrimesex

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2007, 01:03:43 AM »

Oh MY GOD...whoever compared Izzy's importance to Sebastian is a moron.  Hello?  There needs to be a bit more respect for former members here.

BTW Adz are you trying to be a clone of Jarmo or does it just come naturally to you?

Back on topic...I think it must be pretty frustrating for Robin having his biggest creative output put on hold for the last 10 years.  He deserves to be recognised and not labeeled as a 'Slash copy'.

Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups

Myspace Page http://www.myspace.com/babyvicious
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2007, 02:59:18 AM »

Oh MY GOD...whoever compared Izzy's importance to Sebastian is a moron.  Hello?  There needs to be a bit more respect for former members here.

the former members are just that.  former members.   no disrespect meant, but that means they aren't in Guns N Roses anymore and hence really have nothing to do with the topic at hand.  ok

I also find it quite funny how people think its up to them to decide what Guns N' Roses is.    Like they actually play some part in the band and have some sort of say.   Its funny if you think about it.     

but to the topic at hand, I do believe CD will be Robin's first complete studio album and if his work in the studio is anything like his live playing, we are in for some good shit.  yes
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2007, 06:34:46 AM »

Back on topic , no matter what his studio output has been thus far , there is no doubt that Robin has worked some magic all these years in the studio working for Mr.Rose. The demo's alone tell us that much.

true. especially the better solo is nothing but stunning. i would not assume that finck is no good in studio. that's not the point. but maybe he is much more into live playing ("that's what i live for") and not so much into song-writing. he once quit gnr because of the endless creative process and the never ending studio-work with no tour in sight. thus, with the gnr project he has become more studio-experienced than most other musicians (if he wanted or not). on the other hand, it's a shame that there's almost no studio material where you can see robin shine. what made me wonder is that finck doesn't seem to have other musical projects that are audio-documented. no songs created by him. it's hard to find a cd where you can see his creativity and individuality shine (not even the nin stuff; on the downward spiral trent had other guest guitarists). hope that the gnr record will have a lot of finckness (besides the solos) in it, for his work on the leaks and the live stuff always blows me away...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 06:44:32 AM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2007, 07:02:32 AM »

True, Finck has never recorded a full studio album. Its just never happened. He has done some work with NIN, and on some GNR tracks like SCOM and Oh My God (he denied being on oh my god, but axl says he's on the track).

As far as I remember, Axl said Robin doesn't appear on the track but he helped compose it.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2007, 07:05:48 AM »

Didn't Finck contribute to the Impotent Sea Snakes debut cd? I thought i had heard that somewhere.

He was a member of Impotent Sea Snakes when they formed, but never played on the album which was released about 11 years later.  However, he did provide some cool visual stuff for live shows.
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2007, 10:05:15 AM »

Kind of combining the two topics being discussed, i feel that if Izzy was in the band and did help write it would really help and fit with Robin's sound.  Izzy and Robin seem to have kinda the same laid back style and Izzy's bluesy stonesque sound mixed with Robin's grungy industrial sound I think would be incredible. i think its pretty clear that Robin wanted to record something and thats why he joined GNR.  I think if Trent went to Robin and told him "hey on my new album I want your input, i want your guitar, and I want you to be a real member of NIN" that Robin never would have left NIN.  However, hes kinda been unlucky in his career when it comes to studio output.  He was in a band where only one member recorded music and then he joined a band where there has been no output of studio music since he joined a decade ago.  He has suffered at the hands of egomaniacal perfectionist frontmen with writer's block and has been punished for it.  That being said he has also benefited greatly by performing live at some of the biggest places and biggest concerts on earth.  I still feel for the guy though, he wants to make his mark in Rock music and he keeps getting caught up in situations where he is in the hands of another person.  That being said im sure he doesnt mind too much when hes cashing his checks.

Oh and btw Tommy is my favorite person of the new lineup and his solo work shows that he is incredibly talented not just as a bassist but as a musician and songwriter.  He also seems to be the first person since Izzy to stand up to Axl which is good to see someone do.  Cause lets face it Axl is not Christ and if you think hes perfect than youre just a naive fanboy.  He makes mistakes like all of us and its good when someone call shim on it.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2007, 11:00:22 AM »

Tommy once said it was 8 men's collaboration.
After that apparently frank and BBF put their parts.

On Topic, so it will be like the debut of Robin as well as of GNR of this era.

True, Finck has never recorded a full studio album. Its just never happened. He has done some work with NIN, and on some GNR tracks like SCOM and Oh My God (he denied being on oh my god, but axl says he's on the track).

As far as I remember, Axl said Robin doesn't appear on the track

Unsure but I think it was robin who said that and axl said otherwise.
Death Cube K
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2007, 03:07:03 PM »

Jarmo, youre off topic  ok  hihi
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2007, 03:18:18 PM »

Jarmo, youre off topic  ok  hihi

How about you? hihi

Tommy once said it was 8 men's collaboration.

I make a correction. He said this not once but many times.
blackvelvet
Banned
Headliner

sexcrimesex

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2007, 06:00:38 PM »

Oh MY GOD...whoever compared Izzy's importance to Sebastian is a moron.? Hello?? There needs to be a bit more respect for former members here.

the former members are just that.? former members.? ?no disrespect meant, but that means they aren't in Guns N Roses anymore and hence really have nothing to do with the topic at hand.? ok

I also find it quite funny how people think its up to them to decide what Guns N' Roses is.? ? Like they actually play some part in the band and have some sort of say.? ?Its funny if you think about it.? ? ?

but to the topic at hand, I do believe CD will be Robin's first complete studio album and if his work in the studio is anything like his live playing, we are in for some good shit.? yes

Well the new band is walking around playing under a name that they helped create.  Hey dont get me wrong I love the new band and I am a huge fan of Robin - but the old guys will always have an influence on what this new band is doing - as long as they make money off songs that the old guys have written...mmm kay.

Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups

Myspace Page http://www.myspace.com/babyvicious
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2007, 06:30:28 PM »

Various online GN'R messageboards have been buzzing with speculation of a full-band reunion since word of Stradlin's arrival reached fans via text message. "There's going to be a reunion for sure," wrote one fan. "There's too much money involved for it not to happen. Izzy will bring the rest of the guys around, you watch." ? ? ?yes

I'm gonna borrow Axl's words real quick : " Umm.. you'll see it. I'm just not sure if "soon" is the word. "   beer
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 06:40:22 PM by bringbackadler » Logged

green
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2007, 06:51:52 PM »

REUNION ???AGAIN...This topic is about Robin Finck not Izzy or reunion shit.I hope they never reunite because i can't see Axl just disbanding this GN'R who spend their talent and their time for CD.I mean, Look this way why do you want a reunion when two main member of Gn'R don't even like eachother and even if they ever reunite they will never be the same band that they used to be.As Slash stated its about mutual respect not about money as lot of you people think.So i choose New GN'R over Old Gn'R..

So at this point there is no need of reunion
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2007, 06:53:42 PM »

Various online GN'R messageboards have been buzzing with speculation of a full-band reunion since word of Stradlin's arrival reached fans via text message. "There's going to be a reunion for sure," wrote one fan. "There's too much money involved for it not to happen. Izzy will bring the rest of the guys around, you watch." ? ? ?yes

I'm gonna borrow Axl's words real quick : " Umm.. you'll see it. I'm just not sure if "soon" is the word. "? ?beer

I have to agree, but it may be sooner than people think. but id like at least another year or two to pass as id like to hear CD at least.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: