Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:57:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  finck: not the studio guy?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: finck: not the studio guy?  (Read 20714 times)
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2007, 07:07:54 PM »

IZZY is Guns n Roses as much as any current member! He's played on just about all the flippin' albums and he played live with them all last year. As far as being under a contract he isn't a current member. But in true fuckin rock n roll he is official Guns N Roses! Can't believe someone compared him with Sebastian. Baz will always be Skid Row and Izzy will always be GnR  peace

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2007, 07:31:08 PM »

You don't seem to get it, so I'll spell out out for you:

Baz toured with GN'R and did several guest appearances, but he's still not a band member.

Izzy was in GN'R, left the band in 1991, did several guest appearances with the band in 2006, but he's still not a band member.

Are both friends of the band? Yes they are.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2007, 07:39:39 PM »

He stepped in in '93.  He wasn't a band member then either.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2007, 07:39:53 PM »

Jesus , how long is this "izzy" talk gunna keep going on in this thread about robin?

Izzy is NOT a member of GNR! case closed

Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2007, 07:49:27 PM »

BTW,

I would have to say my new fav member would have to be Pittman.

Not sure why ?? Probably because of his contribution to Madagascar.? ?peace

This is funny, how do you know he contributed anything? for all we know his contribution is :
Axl: play this and this and this and this WHEN I SAY SO. 

pitttman: yes axl don't hurt mee eeeeeep sorry i pushed the button at the wrong time..!!..

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2007, 07:52:52 PM »

BTW,

This is funny, how do you know he contributed anything? for all we know his contribution is :
Axl: play this and this and this and this WHEN I SAY SO.?

pitttman: yes axl don't hurt mee eeeeeep sorry i pushed the button at the wrong time..!!..

rofl

Wouldnt that be funny if all these pitman swingers we worshiping a guy who presses button and gets coffee??  hihi
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2007, 07:59:12 PM »

BTW,

rofl

Wouldnt that be funny if all these pitman swingers we worshiping a guy who presses button and gets coffee??? hihi

I think you guys missed my point on this.    Roll Eyes

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2007, 08:07:12 PM »

your rhetoric (nonsense) had no point.  the current live band that plays with axl is gn'r, blah blah blah, some people say slash is gnr, some people say axl is gnr, blah blah, it's all whome you connect someone with something else.  its like... shannon hoon played live with gnr, guest appearances live and was on UY 1 and he's not part of gnr but was just there as a guest.. same thing like del james, wes arkeen (although they referred to him at the time as the 6th member of gnr) they co-wrote songs with wes.. at least 5 songs... (it's so easy, yesterday..just two i can think off of the top of my head)  why not just let the topic rest??? 
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2007, 08:21:49 PM »

BTW,

rofl

Wouldnt that be funny if all these pitman swingers we worshiping a guy who presses button and gets coffee??? hihi

I think you guys missed my point on this.? ? Roll Eyes

/bringbackadler

I was moreless aiming that toward how duffio said that... not what you said particulary
Death Cube K
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2007, 05:18:13 AM »

Oh my god...people are still thinking an old band reunion will happen. Don't be that stupid, please.  Roll Eyes
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2007, 05:34:05 AM »

Oh my god...people are still thinking an old band reunion will happen. Don't be that stupid, please.? Roll Eyes

It'll happen, always does. Not for many years though, I hope.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2007, 06:54:36 AM »

Oh my god...people are still thinking an old band reunion will happen. Don't be that stupid, please.? Roll Eyes

It'll happen, always does. Not for many years though, I hope.

Agree. After reading the thread last night that came from Steve's MYSPACE blog, where he discussed running into Axl for the second time  , I now believe the reunion is more imminent than ever in the future.    peace

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2007, 07:19:16 AM »

In that case, you're kidding yourself.  The only reason Axl and Slash and Duff will ever want to work together again is because of the money.  Now, I dunno about you, but I think if Axl was motivated by money, we'd have had several cheap AFD clones released by now.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2007, 09:07:58 AM »

finck in the studio.. finck in the studio.   the topic is finck in the studio.  not a fucking reunion.   check out dead horse, there is a reunion thread over there.
Death Cube K
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2007, 10:36:22 AM »

I now believe the reunion is more imminent than ever in the future.

Geesh, how old are you? 12?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2007, 10:40:04 AM »

Considering Robin brought Better to the band, I wouldn't be surprised if he brought in more material and contributed a lot to the album.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2007, 11:01:13 AM »

Considering Robin brought Better to the band, I wouldn't be surprised if he brought in more material and contributed a lot to the album.

/jarmo

Going by his style it seems he also had a major hand in TWAT and I.R.S. I think Robin will prove to have been very significant in the making of what will be one of the greatest records made in the last 10 years.

I guess he's a studio guy after all Wink

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2007, 11:14:42 AM »

Now, I dunno about you, but I think if Axl was motivated by money, we'd have had several cheap AFD clones released by now.

NO, if he was really motivated by only money he would just tour around playing live shows without ever releasing an album, because artists make their real money on the road touring and not through record sales. Haven't seen alot of that going on the past 6 years now have we  no
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2007, 11:16:03 AM »

/jarmo

I agree. I thing his contribution will definitely show through on the songs we have yet to hear. ?yes

/bringbackadler

bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2007, 11:26:52 AM »

Now, I dunno about you, but I think if Axl was motivated by money, we'd have had several cheap AFD clones released by now.

NO, if he was really motivated by only money he would just tour around playing live shows without ever releasing an album, because artists make their real money on the road touring and not through record sales. Haven't seen alot of that going on the past 6 years now have we? no

Axl has stated in a past interview (2000, 2001, I believe) that one of the major hold-ups with the album was trying to find a guitarist that could replicate Slash's sound. Slash left a huge void when he departed. If Axl really only cared about money, we would have had several studio albums in the meantime. Axl is still trying to rebuild a band at this point. That is why we still don't have an album after all these years. Kind of like he stated at the end of the 02 VMA's " how do you take something that got so big and replace virtually everything about it." That is a very good question, indeed.? ? yes

/bringbackadler
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 07:01:26 PM by bringbackadler » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: