Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 04:34:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227975 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Taken by Trees covers Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Taken by Trees covers Guns N' Roses  (Read 3740 times)
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 03:06:57 PM »

For some odd reason, I'm still listening to her MySpace songs.... so relaxing............ actually pretty good, for some reason  Smiley

Yeah, they definately have talent. Thier album is actually pretty wild, not as run of the mill as some may think. They are very good at what they do.

rockNroses
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2008, 03:36:43 PM »

One more cover that shows how some people just don't get what the song is about.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2008, 06:02:06 PM »

One more cover that shows how some people just don't get what the song is about.

Good point. If I was in a coffee shop in Seattle it may be cool.  Maybe she is Jarmo's neighbor.  She does sing with a cool casual voice.  This song is its original form is its greatest.  That riff is so damn catchy, even on a damn piano. 
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2008, 08:27:11 PM »

Not bad..Very mellow though..As someone pointed out Civil War and more obscure songs don't get covered often enough..There is a female singer covering CW..I forget her name, but it is a standout on the GN'R cover album.
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2008, 09:21:06 PM »

Love it Smiley

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2008, 01:38:10 AM »

I like it a lot. Nothing is as good as the original of course, but this is good (and yeah, def better than sheryl crowe, ugh)...

But people shouldn't be so down on bands that cover the more famous songs. Some people do it just because they love the song. Maybe they like playing it live and get a good reaction and decided to record it. Maybe they grew up loving the song and wanted to do their own version. I think it's great that SCOM gets so much love.
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2008, 09:01:57 AM »

cool version. i like it ok

i dig the minimalistic approach...

homo homini lupus...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2008, 10:03:23 AM »

people shouldn't be so down on bands that cover the more famous songs. Some people do it just because they love the song. Maybe they like playing it live and get a good reaction and decided to record it. Maybe they grew up loving the song and wanted to do their own version. I think it's great that SCOM gets so much love.

agreed. It's always nice to see GNR songs being favoured by other musicians and their fans.

If you like Indie music check it out. If you are a die hard Galm Rock or Metal fan forget it.

you mean I should check it out. I would if I wasn't having trouble with flash at the moment.
My fav scom cover is that sitar one so far. peace
SLCPUNK
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2008, 03:22:15 AM »

I liked it a lot.

Who is next to do this song? Tori Amos? Or maybe have Herbie Hancock bust out a nice jazz version.  Cool
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2008, 04:53:56 AM »

My fav scom cover is that sitar one so far. peace

Dude, that was a joke the music channel did for their ad. It's not a real cover.

Fuck 'Em All.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: