Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 11:12:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227860 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Any Prospects.....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Any Prospects.....  (Read 2462 times)
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« on: August 10, 2010, 01:35:58 PM »

Of Brian May turning up at the O2 and doing a bit of jamming now CD's out, just to show us what we have missed out on?

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 01:39:17 PM »

I don't think so but it would be cool...

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 01:49:27 PM »

He tried in 2006 but was delayed. but he attended the show!
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 01:54:37 PM »

Why would May play with Guns N' Roses? I mean...his solo isn't in "Catcher..." anymore. He's nothing to do with GN'R now

Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 02:15:32 PM »

I don't know, why did he play with them back in '92?
wight gunner
VIP

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 02:18:37 PM »

Why would May play with Guns N' Roses? I mean...his solo isn't in "Catcher..." anymore. He's nothing to do with GN'R now

For the same reason Izzy played with the band in 2006,  'cos they are friends, its no different for any other "guest" slot, Brian May lives in London and at a guess, I'd imagine would be on the guest list if there is one...

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
wight gunner
VIP

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 02:19:49 PM »

For the same reason Izzy played with the band in 2006,  'cos they are friends, its no different for any other "guest" slot, Brian May lives in London and at a guess, I'd imagine would be (invited to be) on the guest list if there is one...

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 02:30:40 PM »

If it were to happen, maybe it would because he's friends with the guys in the band? He's also collaborated with them on more than one song in the Chinese Democracy sessions.

Bubbles, Sebastian Bach and Kid Rock has less to do with the band considering that.

Axl played with May (and Queen) in London on the Freddy Mercury tribute concert in '92. I don't think the criteria for being a guest for a show is to have contributed on an album.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 02:52:29 PM »

You're right, the criteria for being a guest for a show isn't to have contributed on an album. But Guns N' Roses playing in England is not a criteria to think that Brian May will play with the band neither

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 03:26:10 PM »

You're right, the criteria for being a guest for a show isn't to have contributed on an album. But Guns N' Roses playing in England is not a criteria to think that Brian May will play with the band neither

No, but given the history (having collaborated with Guns relative recently) he's a plausible candidate.

I don't expect anyone to come as a guest for any show, but it would have been a pleasant surprise.

If one were to put up a list of 'the most likely guests' for these particular shows, May would top that list imo.  ok

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
mikem
Opening Act

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 03:48:46 PM »

Axl played with May (and Queen) in London on the Freddy Mercury tribute concert in '92.
Brian May also joined GnR on stage at Wembley Stadium on 13.06.1992 for a couple of tracks....... We Will Rock You and Tie Your Mother Down IIRC  smoking
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 03:51:28 PM by mikem » Logged

Guns n Roses

Slash
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: