Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 11:47:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227877 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Led Zeppelin Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Led Zeppelin Thread  (Read 98909 times)
Chief
Legend

« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2006, 11:12:40 PM »

its the one with the fictional movies.

the newer 2 DVD set with the sand dunes is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER!!!! get it now if you dont have it!!!

Jimmy page is pretty much retired and Plant is touring with his new band the Strange Sensations who are very good actually!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2006, 05:25:51 PM »

what do u have against coda? bonzos circus is great!

gnr1967
Rocker

One person's morality is another person's nonsense

« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2006, 12:01:55 AM »

The Song Remains the Same soundtrack rocks.  The movie is actually pretty good if you're not sober - it's really more of a psychadelic-trippy flick. Haven't listened to the soundtrack or watched the movie in years.  From what I recall, my favorite tracks on the soundtrack are either No Quarter or the Rain Song. 

Good memories. 

GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2007, 02:19:52 AM »

When they're great, they're amazing. When they're bad, they're unlistenable. They're one of the greatest rock bands of the 70's, but still behind Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Rush, Thin Lizzy, and so on. I'd say they're at least in the top 20 of the 70's, maybe top 10.

Wow, what the fuck are you smokin'? Rush and Thin Lizzy? ROFLMFAO.

Who doesn't love to ge the Led out? I just bought the best of.. Early and Latter Days.. Kick ass shit.. Zep owns.

You got ripped off. "Heartbreaker" isn't even included in that set. You would have been better off buying their first 6 albums. Here's my list of essential Zeppelin songs (in order chronologically):

1. Good Times Bad Times
2. Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
3. Dazed And Confused
4. Communication Breakdown
5. Whole Lotta Love
6. What Is And What Should Never Be
7. The Lemon Song
8. Heartbreaker
9. Living Loving Maid
10. Ramble On
11. Moby Dick
12. Bring It On Home
13. Immigrant Song
14. Since I've Been Loving You
15. Out On The Tiles
16. Tangerine
17. That's The Way
18. Black Dog
19. Rock And Roll
20. The Battle Of Evermore
21. Stairway To Heaven
22. Misty Mountain Hop
23. Going To California
24. When The Levee Breaks
25. The Song Remains The Same
26. The Rain Song
27. Over The Hills And Far Away
28. Dancing Days
29. D'yer Mak'er
30. No Quarter
31. The Ocean
32. Custard Pie
33. In My Time Of Dying
34. Houses Of The Holy
35. Trampled Underfoot
36. Kashmir
37. In The Light
38. Bron-Yr-Aur
39. Achilles Last Stand
40. Fool In The Rain
41. All My Love

« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 02:36:28 AM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2007, 02:26:54 AM »

Uh I own every Zep album. I bought that set cause I dug the track listing.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2007, 02:35:39 AM »

Uh I own every Zep album. I bought that set cause I dug the track listing.

Ah, well you still got ripped off. LOL.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2007, 02:38:23 AM »

Not really. I Like the songs on those CDs so when I'm feeling the need to get the Led out right quick I can throw it in my CD player with out going through all the different albums. They aren't the best of the best they did leave some good tunes out but it serves the purpose.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2007, 02:43:27 AM »

Not really. I Like the songs on those CDs so when I'm feeling the need to get the Led out right quick I can throw it in my CD player with out going through all the different albums. They aren't the best of the best they did leave some good tunes out but it serves the purpose.

Yeah I hear ya. The first disc is damn great except for the glaring omission of "Heartbreaker." I actually own that one. I got that before I really got into Zeppelin. Now that sucker simply sits in its case. LOL. In my car I have burned copies of II and IV so I can listen to those kickass albums without worrying about scratching the "real" ones that sit in their cases.

Having said this, if you like the playlist from Early and Latter Days, then why not just rip the songs from the real albums and then burn them using the playlist of Early and Latter Days? It woulda been much cheaper. But if you're like me you bought the greatest hits before jumping into the real stuff.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 02:45:04 AM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2007, 02:45:53 AM »

Yeah I have the two discs in my car. The CD's I burn always end up getting damaged and im sick of making more copies. I also hate taking the actual CD in my car so it was a perfect fit.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2007, 02:46:49 AM »

Yeah I have the two discs in my car. The CD's I burn always end up getting damaged and im sick of making more and I hate taking the actual CD in my car so it was a perfect fit.

Eh, you gotta take care of burned discs as if you paid full price for them. I take pretty good care of mine and they're still in great shape. I also have a burned copy of Appetite in my car that I play the fuck out of and it's still doing just fine. One thing I definitely won't do is actually play the real thing in the car b/c of scratching of course.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 02:50:58 AM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2007, 02:50:06 AM »

Yeah I have the two discs in my car. The CD's I burn always end up getting damaged and im sick of making more and I hate taking the actual CD in my car so it was a perfect fit.

Eh, you gotta take care of burned discs as if you paid full price for them. I take pretty good care of mine and they're still in great shape.

Yeah Im bad with CDs so thats why I usually make copies and rip them onto my PC.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2007, 02:53:12 AM »

Speaking of Early Days, what kind of speakers do you have in your car? I have two 10-inch subwoofers and some other really good speakers in mine, and the bass response is TERRIBLE on Early Days. With Led Zeppelin II or IV, however, I don't have to crank it so much to get a good bass sound going. I'm not the type to try to rattle the crap out of the car next to me or anything, but I do like my rock music to have some good bass response. Appetite is the PERFECT album for my car. Unbelievable sound.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2007, 02:56:31 AM »

After market speakers. I have a kicker box sitting in my garage waiting to put it in. I get pretty good sound. But you know what is strange? Appetite plays great in my car as well. Its fucking weird you say that cause I was listening to Out Ta Get Me a few days ago and I said to myself damn this sounds pretty fucking sweet.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2007, 03:01:16 AM »

After market speakers. I have a kicker box sitting in my garage waiting to put it in. I get pretty good sound. But you know what is strange? Appetite plays great in my car as well. Its fucking weird you say that cause I was listening to Out Ta Get Me a few days ago and I said to myself damn this sounds pretty fucking sweet.

Oh man, my roommates and I were going bowling a while back. We were pulling out of the parking lot at our dorm in my car, and Nightrain was finishing. A cell phone goes off so I pause it. One of my roommates is basically only a country fan. So, while I've got the music paused I ask him if his head is about to explode yet. He goes, "Nah, this stuff is actually pretty good." And the other roommate goes, "Yeah, that's cuz it's by the best band to come out of the 80's!" So then, he hangs up his phone and I overcranked the volume back up and restarted after the pause. The opening licks of "Out Ta Get Me" come on and the two of us just look at each other with that "this fuckin' kicks ass" smile on our faces. I just went, "Oh yeah, now THAT will blow his fuckin' head off!" Before pausing it, I had been playing it at 42ish or so (which is damn loud since CD's play quite a bit louder at a lower volume than radio stations do). 62 is max volume on my Pioneer head unit. When I cranked it, I had it up to 55. That shit was LOUD and just unfuckingbelievable, especially with how great the opening to "Out Ta Get Me" is.

Good times. Smiley

EDIT: Forgot to say that my car is a Firebird, so there's not much space and it really is a kickass sound bubble.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 03:05:14 AM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2007, 03:05:36 AM »

Bro I have a Pioneer as well and 62 is Max volume on mine as well. Yeah once the opening riff hits its on. Axl's voice comes through perfect on them as well. I usually have my volume around the 50 mark. I like it loud and eat spilting so I don't have to hear the rap bullshit or club shit from morons.

Bullshit bro.. I own a Trans AM.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2007, 03:07:14 AM »

Bro I have a Pioneer as well and 62 is Max volume on mine as well. Yeah once the opening riff hits its on. Axl's voice comes through perfect on them as well. I usually have my volume around the 50 mark. I like it loud and eat spilting so I don't have to hear the rap bullshit or club shit from morons.

LMFAO. In my car you don't have to crank it so much unless the windows are down. With the windows up, 42 is plenty of volume unless you're on the freeway (45+ is better b/c my car gets a ton of road noise from the wind, etc.). With the windows down, I usually crank it to 50+ routinely.

Bullshit? I'm not BSing if that's what you were saying.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 03:08:52 AM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2007, 03:09:11 AM »

Yeah I have my exhaust to deal with so 50 is good for me. I love the looks I get when I crank up Gn'R or Pantera or BLS or anything that just kicks ass.

Nah cool to see another bird owner with the same head unit and knows how them bitches sound.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 03:10:43 AM by BLS-Pride » Logged

www.rosesofvelvet.com
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2007, 03:11:34 AM »

Yeah I have my exhaust to deal with so 50 is good for me. I love the looks I get when I crank up Gn'R or Pantera or BLS or anything that just kicks ass.

Yeah I've got dual exhaust on mine and a performance muffler. Not as good as your Trans-AM, but still makes the car more efficient and adds about 15-20 HP (not that it matters with a V6).

The looks from other folks are pretty interesting for sure. One time I was sitting at a long ass red light and had "Rocket Queen" cranked to 60 with the windows down and the bass cranked a bit too. The cars all around me were shaking and pretty pissed. Good thing a cop didn't show up. LOL.
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2007, 09:32:28 AM »

dudes,  i dont even own a damn car or know what the hell you're talking about-  but when im sitting on the bus and im screaming GNR or NIN or LEDZEPPELIN at the top of my lungs people look at me strange-especially since i dont know the words to entire songs unless im listening at the same time, so it goes something like this-

THERES A LADY WHOS SURE......SHANANANANANA KNEES KNEES!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2007, 09:50:14 AM »

id run around the streets with leathers n cowboy boots on rocking out acting as if im a frontman onstage singing songs when out with my mates, and you guys think you get weird looks!

html sucks
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: