Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 05:44:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Ben Rothlisberger in serious motorcycle accident
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ben Rothlisberger in serious motorcycle accident  (Read 8619 times)
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« on: June 12, 2006, 02:53:59 PM »

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5687558

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 04:17:55 PM »

"According to a police source, Roethlisberger suffered a broken jaw, broke his left sinus cavity, suffered a 9-inch laceration to the back of his head, lost many teeth and has severe injuries to his knees from hitting the pavement."

The big thing to me is the "severe" injuries to the knees.  If the man can't move, then he may never play again.  I think if he's lucky, he will just sit out for the season. 

I wonder if he had a no-motorcycle clause in his contract?  Most athletes do.

Kujo
Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 04:37:07 PM »

I was wondering about that myself. It only mentions that Cowher has had discussions with him about riding without a helmet, something Ben likes to do.

This will be interesting to watch over the next week or so.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 04:55:05 PM »

Dont understand these guys risking it all to ride a bike.

Remember Jason Williams that played for Chicago. his career is over before it ever got started thanks to a motorcycle crash.

Look at Kellen Winslow Jr.

Stay off the crotch rockets, they are an absolute death trap.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 05:01:35 PM »

Dont understand these guys risking it all to ride a bike.

Remember Jason Williams that played for Chicago. his career is over before it ever got started thanks to a motorcycle crash.

Look at Kellen Winslow Jr.

Stay off the crotch rockets, they are an absolute death trap.

Hence the reason why teams put motorcycle clauses on players contracts.? I'm willing to bet after all the scrutiny Big Ben got last year concerning riding a motorcycle without a helmet that he has some type of clause on his contract.

Kujo
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 05:13:00 PM »

He's probably going to sign with New Jersey but he will never have the career that he had the potential for coming out of Duke

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 05:19:59 PM »

Terry Bradshaws response:

You can bet that Steelers coach Bill Cowher isn't happy right now. He told Ben Roethlisberger to park his motorcycle last summer, but the 24-year-old quarterback basically told his coach, "Hey, this is a free country and I'm doing what I want to do."

As I write this, Roethlisberger is having surgery on a broken jaw after flying off his motorcycle Monday morning when his bike collided with a car near the 10th Street Bridge in Pittsburgh. Roethlisberger, who wasn't wearing a helmet, hit the car's windshield and opened a large gash on his forehead. His injuries are serious, but not considered life-threatening.

FOX's Terry Bradshaw also told Roethlisberger to "park the bike" on national television last season, apparently upsetting Roethlisberger in the porcess.

"I don't want to get into what I said, I just hope the kid is going to be all right," Bradshaw said today after hearing the news of the accident. "That sounds tough. It's too bad. I pray he's going to be OK."

You know it's bad when Terry Bradshaw has more common sense than you. no

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 05:52:46 PM »

Big Ben....good for him! hihi hihi rofl rofl

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 10:21:45 PM »

That's a smartass thing to say for anyone.

Either way PA just passed the no helmet rule like 2 years ago, guess they should have thought that one through eh?  Who the fuck doesn't ride a motorcycle without a helmet?  I've been riding since I was 16 and I wouldn't dare go anywhere without it.  I had one minor accident which my bike's gears locked up on me and I put it sideways.  Luckily I rolled off in time (I was only going about 25)  and when my head bumped my helmet saved me some worries. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 10:25:44 PM »

Let me start off by saying my wishes are with Ben and his family..

It was reported that he wasn't wearing a helmet, and in an interview he did last year he said he doesn't like to wear helmets.. this is pretty stupid and had he been wearing a helmet he may not have suffered the injuries that he did. I'm surprised the team didn't have some sort of a contract clause seeing as they knew he didn't wear a helmet, but like I said hope he is alright and recovers

As for the thing about the "serious knee injury" it is now believed that it is just something minor, so thats a good thing as far as football goes.. means he should be able to play this season.

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 07:45:37 AM »

Too bad then! Cause I find it unbelievably stupid and a poor lack of judgment on his part for sure. If your gonna be this ignorant riding a motorcycle without a helmet then I guess it's fitting for Big Ben. I hope he's out for the season and is standing on the sideline with his sour puss face this year. hihi

I haven't even heard you wonder about the other people involved in the accident. Roll Eyes How are they doing?

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 11:06:54 AM »

I haven't even heard you wonder about the other people involved in the accident. Roll Eyes How are they doing?

I know she was a lady about 62 years old.  I heard one rumor that she was hurt rather bad.  But thats only a rumor.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 11:18:43 AM »

Let me start off by saying my wishes are with Ben and his family..

It was reported that he wasn't wearing a helmet, and in an interview he did last year he said he doesn't like to wear helmets.. this is pretty stupid and had he been wearing a helmet he may not have suffered the injuries that he did. I'm surprised the team didn't have some sort of a contract clause seeing as they knew he didn't wear a helmet, but like I said hope he is alright and recovers

As for the thing about the "serious knee injury" it is now believed that it is just something minor, so thats a good thing as far as football goes.. means he should be able to play this season.

I, too, wish Ben and his family well, and hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

That being said, from a purely sports focused view, Pittsburgh should cut him, void his contract, and let him stew.  They won't, but they should.

The Yankees did it with Aaron Boone a few years back because, in the off season, he ended up getting injured while playing basketball.  When you're a professional athlete, you have a certain responsibility to keep youself in shape, and reduce any risks to your body in the offseason, and when not playing.  It's how you make your living, and, in Ben's case, a big part of how your employer makes THEIR money...and there are traditionally "risk" clauses built into most standard contracts because of that.  I'm not sure if Big Ben has one, but......I think the Steelers could make a good case against him.  At the very least I'd make him sign a 1 year freebie extension to his contract.

What gets me is...the guy wears a helmet 16 weeks+ out of the year because there are 300 lb guys running at him at about 10 to 15 mph, tops. I would assume he does this not only because of the league rules, but to protect himself.  But when riding on a 400 to 500 lb piece of steel at 50 to 70 MPH...the guy goes without one.  I just don't get it.....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2006, 12:00:16 PM »

Boy I'm so glad my Browns don't have anyone who would do something stupid with a motorcycle.

Oh wait.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2006, 04:35:17 PM »

Too bad then! Cause I find it unbelievably stupid and a poor lack of judgment on his part for sure. If your gonna be this ignorant riding a motorcycle without a helmet then I guess it's fitting for Big Ben. I hope he's out for the season and is standing on the sideline with his sour puss face this year. hihi

I was wondering about anyone dipshit, I was just saying it's very pathetic of you to cheer on an accident for anyone.  Regardless of who was in it, if you feel it's funny to see someone get hurt, then you're pretty sad.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2006, 04:54:53 PM »

I was wondering about anyone dipshit, I was just saying it's very pathetic of you to cheer on an accident for anyone.  Regardless of who was in it, if you feel it's funny to see someone get hurt, then you're pretty sad.

I hope you feel better about yourself to fall as low as to start calling me names. That's real intelligent.

If Big Ben is going to be this reckless in his judgement then I guess it's his loss. I wonder how safe he thinks he is now? It's his arogance of him telling his coaches and owner that he  would continue to ride as he pleased. The part where I'm happy is not necessarily about him being hurt but the chance of him being lost for the season. It would be rightly served for his lack of judgement and arogance.

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2006, 06:29:16 PM »

I was wondering about anyone dipshit, I was just saying it's very pathetic of you to cheer on an accident for anyone.? Regardless of who was in it, if you feel it's funny to see someone get hurt, then you're pretty sad.

I hope you feel better about yourself to fall as low as to start calling me names. That's real intelligent.

If Big Ben is going to be this reckless in his judgement then I guess it's his loss. I wonder how safe he thinks he is now? It's his arogance of him telling his coaches and owner that he? would continue to ride as he pleased. The part where I'm happy is not necessarily about him being hurt but the chance of him being lost for the season. It would be rightly served for his lack of judgement and arogance.

I feel great about it, you're right there.  And always remember.  intelligence > ignorance. peace

Regardless if he's wreckless in his judgement, it's his life and it's the state's law that says that he's allowed to do it.  Anyone can have a wreck, even if they're the safest person in the world.  Shit happens, it's not something we wish upon each other or laugh at when it happens.  However if you get a kick out of seeing people injured in accidents, I say sorry for you friend.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2006, 06:37:57 PM »

However if you get a kick out of seeing people injured in accidents, I say sorry for you friend.

Never said anything to that degree Bill.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2006, 05:59:22 PM »

I'm not making excuses for him, and yes I am a Steeler fan, but I think people forget that he's a young man. All that talent can't change the fact that
he's only 2 years out of college and after the sucess he's had , probably feels ( or felt ) a little invincible.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 08:57:27 AM »

I'm not making excuses for him, and yes I am a Steeler fan, but I think people forget that he's a young man. All that talent can't change the fact that
he's only 2 years out of college and after the sucess he's had , probably feels ( or felt ) a little invincible.

well, since he got out of the hospital I think he's been humbled and lost his sense of invincibility (I totally agree w/ your post)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: