Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:31:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Slash was thinking of asking Axl to be on solo record
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash was thinking of asking Axl to be on solo record  (Read 30368 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 02:20:42 PM »

He has already commented in another interview about how he thinks Axl would sound singing on his album.

And?  That's just a rewording of the "Axl crossed my mind a couple times" statement.  So he thinks about Axl singing for him.  So what.  Like I said before, that's only natural, given the long professional relationship that they had together.  But the article (and the title of this thread) misleads people to believe that Slash actually seriously considered Axl to sing, something which is highly improbable.

The title of the article is "Guns N' Roses legend Slash: I've always been focused about my music - it's the down-time that's the problem..", jacdaniel gave his take on it.  Like I said, without knowing what he's asked, it's hard to interpret his answer.

But Slash is talking in interviews about when he was making the record he thought about how Axl would sound on some songs and that he crossed his mind when considering singers. 

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 02:24:38 PM »

^I doubt Slash was serious about asking Axl to sing on the album, considering Axl called him a cancer not too long ago. I don't think I'd go to too much effort y'know?

Axl said stuff about him in 2002 but he still went to Axl's house in 2005, so what's your point?
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2010, 02:25:45 PM »

Yeah honestly in the last years Slash has seemed to be rather nice to Axl. Its something I think that could tell us that Slash honestly might have almost goten over all the shit but whos to say.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2010, 02:29:26 PM »

^I doubt Slash was serious about asking Axl to sing on the album, considering Axl called him a cancer not too long ago. I don't think I'd go to too much effort y'know?

Axl said stuff about him in 2002 but he still went to Axl's house in 2005, so what's your point?

I don't actually know what Axl said in 2002, but I don't think it was as harsh as "a cancer". Was it? I actually don't know....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2010, 02:38:04 PM »

BlowUpYourVideo I cant say for sure but I think he did not directly call Slash a cancer but it is interprited thats what he ment.

Joe

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2010, 04:31:51 PM »

Someone needs to ask him why he didn't place the call to axl to see if he'd do a song hihi

sure he considered it but so have all of us Wink he's the only one that could make it happen though
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2010, 06:01:40 PM »

BlowUpYourVideo I cant say for sure but I think he did not directly call Slash a cancer but it is interprited thats what he ment.

Joe

He did call Slash a cancer and said it would be better if nobody associated with him and that he shouldn't have been in GNR after the Lies album.  That was said in 2008 or 2009 i think from online chats.  Slash's mom was dying of actual cancer at that very time so by accident it was a poor choice of words.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2010, 01:28:18 AM »

Really? Considering slash has tried to get back in Guns in recent years and even went to Axl's house, I think it's highly probably that he was considering it.

What kind of paint thinner are you huffing?  Slash has never tried to return to Guns N Roses.  He went to Axl's house to attempt to resolve the legal issues between them, not to rejoin the band.

He did call Slash a cancer and said it would be better if nobody associated with him and that he shouldn't have been in GNR after the Lies album.  That was said in 2008 or 2009 i think from online chats.

Axl did indeed say all those things, but it was in the Del James interview from February 2009.  These were Axl's exact words....

There is the distinct possibility that having his intentions in regard to me so deeply ingrained and his personal though guarded distaste for much of 'Appetite' other than his or Duff's playing, Slash either should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after 'Lies.'  In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided -- and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better.[/b]

SOURCE: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=168
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 01:51:19 AM by Bridge » Logged
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2010, 03:23:21 AM »

The title of the article is "Guns N' Roses legend Slash: I've always been focused about my music - it's the down-time that's the problem..", jacdaniel gave his take on it.

Sorry if the title was misleading guys Smiley  I just tried to take the parts i found interesting out of an otherwise standard interview.

Really? Considering slash has tried to get back in Guns in recent years and even went to Axl's house, I think it's highly probably that he was considering it.

I think he went to Axl's house mainly to try and repair their relationship in some way and sort out some legal issues.  Don't think he was trying to get back into GNR.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2010, 09:25:11 AM »

What kind of paint thinner are you huffing?  Slash has never tried to return to Guns N Roses.  He went to Axl's house to attempt to resolve the legal issues between them, not to rejoin the band.

You're believing slash's version of the events? hahahahahahahahaha you must be the one huffing paint thinners.....
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2010, 10:54:35 AM »

You're believing slash's version of the events? hahahahahahahahaha you must be the one huffing paint thinners.....

I guess you believe Slash went around to Axl's house with the intention of dropping to his knees and begging Axl to take him back?
Most people know by now that, like Jim Bob, you only post in this section with your own agenda.  (To make Slash look bad).

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 11:01:33 AM »

i think that they both respect each other very much as musicians.. remember the axl interview way back when the live era was released.. he talked about the "new" album.. and said it wasn't a traditional rock record because slash wasn't the guitarist.. i'm paraphrasing.. but it was something like that.. clearly neither of them could ever be in a band together.. but i think they both respect one another.. and wouldn't be shocked if they do some sort of colaberation at some point.. not an album or tour.. but one song.. or one gig..   i think most of the negative things that are said.. don't come from axl or slash..but the media spreading lies.. starting controversy ....
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2010, 11:17:45 AM »

i think most of the negative things that are said.. don't come from axl or slash..but the media spreading lies.. starting controversy ....

Or the media constantly asking questions bout a reunion, then twisting the response into a tasty headline.

Example:   Media:  Slash, Are you ever gonna reunite with Axl.
                 Slash:  I haven't spoken to Axl in 14 years but you never know whats gonna happen in life.

headline:  Slash says there might be a Guns N Roses reunion.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2010, 12:02:20 PM »

I guess you believe Slash went around to Axl's house with the intention of dropping to his knees and begging Axl to take him back?
Most people know by now that, like Jim Bob, you only post in this section with your own agenda.  (To make Slash look bad).

Ahh of course that must be it! It couldn't be that slash own friend (Marc Canter) said that slash would have fucked a snake in 2005 to get back in Guns. No that couldn't be it at all, it must be that I'm just trying to make slash "look bad," like he hasn't done enough on his own to make himself look bad.  Roll Eyes
Ashba Rocks
Headliner

All things are possible, I am unstopable

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2010, 01:12:03 PM »

I dont think axl respects slash as a guitar player or as a person, axl has such a hate for him, which i can't comment on because i dont know whats happend for that hate to be there, only slash n axl will know, im a fan of both parties but it is a shame they can't do something together as they do inspire eachother

i think if slash emailed or whatever axl for a song on this album, axl wouldnt have replyed for "legal reasons" or whatever and rant on about it on tour lol

"No one can make you, do what they want to"
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2010, 01:19:06 PM »

Ahh of course that must be it! It couldn't be that slash own friend (Marc Canter) said that slash would have fucked a snake in 2005 to get back in Guns. No that couldn't be it at all, it must be that I'm just trying to make slash "look bad," like he hasn't done enough on his own to make himself look bad.  Roll Eyes

I believe Marc made that comment saying Slash would have fucked a snake to get Perla off of his back. Perla wanted the reunion. Here is the quote;

The last time Slash went there was because his wife made him. Just before he did that he called me for Axl's phone number and when I said that I couldn't do that he said I know I know and then I herd Perla saying things to him. He said that he was sorry for asking and I could tell in his voice that he was being pushed into it. Also at that time Perla hated Duff and Slash was not getting along with Scott and Duff that well and was doing heavy drugs and lots of them that should have killed him. He was living in hell. He also started a big law suit about not getting paid for things from GNR and was drunk at the time of the visit. He could have easily said bad things about some of the guys in VR to Beta. At that point he would have fucked a snake to talk with Axl and if nothing else just to get Perla off his back. She was the one who wanted the reunion at that time. But then the whole thing backfired on Slash when Axl called the press. It could have cost him loosing VR and then he would have nothing.

Years latter Slash said it would be cool to go out and do some shows with the old band but now he has given up on that one. So I don't think he will be going to Axl's house anytime soon. I do hope somehow they and up in the same room together someday if nothing else just to get some shit off their chest. It's not healthy to hold that anger in because while you are holding it in you can't move on with your life because your too busy dealing with the anger. It's like holding a beach ball under water, you can do it but can't do anything else. I say let the ball go and then you can have your arms free. They both have things that need to be said to each other. Even if they never work together again they would still live better knowing they got all that shit off their chest. Maybe someday they will have to pull together for some kind of law suit against the record co. and then they might have to speck to each other?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 02:03:13 PM by sleeper » Logged
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2010, 02:24:33 PM »

Joe

He did call Slash a cancer and said it would be better if nobody associated with him and that he shouldn't have been in GNR after the Lies album.  That was said in 2008 or 2009 i think from online chats.  Slash's mom was dying of actual cancer at that very time so by accident it was a poor choice of words.
O yeah thats right! I thought Slash was going to respond to that saying something like "Axl fuck you my mom is dieing of cancer you fuck head you dont play around with shit that fucks up peoples lives like that!!!"

At least thats what I would have done if it was me in Slash's place.

Joe

Bridge
Legend

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2010, 02:37:55 PM »

I believe Marc made that comment saying Slash would have fucked a snake to get Perla off of his back. Perla wanted the reunion. Here is the quote;

The last time Slash went there was because his wife made him. Just before he did that he called me for Axl's phone number and when I said that I couldn't do that he said I know I know and then I herd Perla saying things to him. He said that he was sorry for asking and I could tell in his voice that he was being pushed into it. Also at that time Perla hated Duff and Slash was not getting along with Scott and Duff that well and was doing heavy drugs and lots of them that should have killed him. He was living in hell. He also started a big law suit about not getting paid for things from GNR and was drunk at the time of the visit. He could have easily said bad things about some of the guys in VR to Beta. At that point he would have fucked a snake to talk with Axl and if nothing else just to get Perla off his back. She was the one who wanted the reunion at that time. But then the whole thing backfired on Slash when Axl called the press. It could have cost him loosing VR and then he would have nothing.

There you have it chinese blues.  Making up shit to disparage Slash.  I'm sure ol' Axhandle would be proud of you though.  Now if it's true that Rim Job learned to trash Slash in the according section and be absent from here, I'm sure you can too.  (I was wondering why Job was not around here bashing every single person who posted about Slash anymore!)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2010, 02:47:02 PM »

There you have it chinese blues.  Making up shit to disparage Slash.  I'm sure ol' Axhandle would be proud of you though.  Now if it's true that Rim Job learned to trash Slash in the according section and be absent from here, I'm sure you can too.  (I was wondering why Job was not around here bashing every single person who posted about Slash anymore!)

I guess you need to read that again, it clearly states that slash would have fucked a snake to get to talk to Axl about a reunion (doesn't matter if Perla was pushing him into it or not), he was still trying to get back in the band which is what I said.  ok
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2010, 03:10:07 PM »

I guess you need to read that again, it clearly states that slash would have fucked a snake to get to talk to Axl about a reunion (doesn't matter if Perla was pushing him into it or not), he was still trying to get back in the band which is what I said.  ok

No it DOES NOT clearly state that!  It says "talk with Axl".

Keep on huffing, CB!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: