Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 06:23:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  We won't get a full new gnr album.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: We won't get a full new gnr album.  (Read 3161 times)
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« on: March 30, 2007, 06:19:19 PM »

Live Songs
+Madagascar
+Chinese democracy
+the blues
+silkworms
+rhyad
+better
+twat
+irs

Studio leaks
+IRS
+Madagascar
+Better
+TWAT
+Catcher in the rye

Since 2001 we're getting new tracks. New announcements. Axl yelling "ROUND 1" worldwide. All those stuffs creates so much expectatives... that's why the leaks exists. 6 years of huge tours, expectative, news, lineup changes...

I belive that some of those songs will be on chinese demoracy.  axl's voice at madagascar sounds like 2006, they are working on this song, same to the other studio leaks... that makes me think that when CD hits the stores, 30% of the tracks (3/5) will be songs wich we already heard.

Chinese democracy will not fill our hungry of new songs, we're gonna get a little more than a half album of new material, not a new album 100% new to us.

This is not our fault, or radios fault, but a big BIG mistake of gnr managment. All the expectative that the radio stations, gnr performances, new live songs, lineup changes, guest appareances, even que fucking NIN chinese-related-pictures drove the new album release in a 60% new album release.

They should learn and release the album ASAP, and release 100% new material, or they won't have the impact that a 14 million dollar album deserves.

peace

Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 06:23:24 PM »

Source?

I don't think anyone knows what were getting

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 06:30:41 PM »

It's just my opinion... we have about 10 new songs, some of them will be in the new album, as a proof I can say that the studio demos are recent, madagascar leak has the new axl voice

If we know 1/3 of the entire album, and those songs were published in thousands of radios and websites, the new album will not have the same impact as a 100% new material album.

edit: and obviously that's managment fault, not our fault, or radios fault, etc etc

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 09:34:57 PM »

The band has recorded enough songs to release more than one album. Here's what Axl said about it at the show in London, England in 2002:

"There's been some concern. That if we play five or six new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire, mon fr?re. We're just playing the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So, you'll get 18 songs, and about 10 extra tracks. And when that, when the record company feels that has run its course, then you'll get it all over again. By that time, I should be done with the third album. So we'll see if all goes well boys and girls"

On January 13th, 2006 he told RollingStone.com:

"We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done"

It's just my opinion... we have about 10 new songs, some of them will be in the new album, as a proof I can say that the studio demos are recent, madagascar leak has the new axl voice

How do you know what you're saying? Is the ''the studio demos are recent'' your source/proof? How do you know what tracks are gonna be included and what tracks not? How do you know how many tracks will the CD be? How do you know how recent are the demos? How do you know everything you're saying?

Sorry, but that is just speculation, futurology...

If we know 1/3 of the entire album, and those songs were published in thousands of radios and websites, the new album will not have the same impact as a 100% new material album.

If that occurs, then you'll be right. We need to have a definitive tracklist to make a conclusion like that. But how do you know all the things you're saying? Have you ever heard any finished studio track? Not me at least...

edit: and obviously that's managment fault, not our fault, or radios fault, etc etc

Again: If you want to be right, you need to wait until all your futurology comes true. RIGHT NOW, what you're saying is just speculation

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 12:10:51 AM »

you seriously think the general public has listened to all the leaks?

Lets say everyone on the boards buy 2 copies. Thats like what, how many thousands sold? Not nearly enough to go gold thats for sure. It will have the same impact regardless. No one is gonna say they  won't buy it because they heard 1 of the songs or even 5 of the songs.

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 12:12:48 AM »

We need to define "new". Is it stuff never  played live or ever heard, or is  it songs  that are unique to the "new  band."
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 02:22:28 AM »

Of course we will get a new GNR album. I don't think that anyone of us has heard anything from CD that sounded finished. All we have are live versions and old demos - nothing more.

So enjoy the album when it is out. No need to speculate at his point.
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2007, 06:26:19 AM »

Why don't you relax, alot of the UYI material was played live before it was released too.
It's how Axl does things.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: