Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:59:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The Donington Disaster 1988
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Donington Disaster 1988  (Read 3395 times)
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« on: July 08, 2007, 11:36:36 PM »

As i'm sure we all know, this was an obvious low point in the whole monsters of Rock festival history. I have found something through Wikipedia which is a paper on the incidents at Donington in 1988.

http://www.safeconcerts.com/documents/Donintondisater1988.pdf

It's from one of the head security guys at the event and to be honest, even when i wasnt a GNR fan, i heard about the incident but i don't like how it was blamed 100% on one group or one specific thing.From reading the thing, its obvious that it was a few things that happened at the time which made the situation worse. It's an interesting read IMO, and gives another view other than the one the press gave at the time and the guy mentions the press and how they reported the tradgedy which it obviously was. And the two guys who died RIP.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 11:40:38 PM by Nu gunner » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 12:21:06 AM »

Interesting read, thanks for sharing.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 07:39:02 AM »

Never seen that before. Thanks.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Gunner_Rose
Headliner

Mr Mojo Risin

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 09:05:42 AM »

Wow, really interesting information, thanks!

Fincklosophy
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 11:19:33 AM »

Very interesting read and good to hear about the events that took place from a perspective thats not the press. 

I was at this concert myself and to blame the band for what happened was just ridiculous.  But that is the press for you, especially the British press.

Don't Damn Me!!
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 10:41:35 PM »

I remember reading an interview with Izzy about how that incident really messed him up and was kind of the beginning of the end for him in GnR and made him realize what they were doing wasn't just fun and carefree anymore
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 10:33:43 PM »

Wikipedia is NOT a reliable  source and should  not be taken as  the "truth." It can be  "edited" by any reader without any control  whatsoever. So  an idiot  or  deranged person  could  write  text  and no one  would  know or  care. This is the "trash  can" of the internet  that  Axl referred  to in 2002. Take it for  what it  is: unconfirmed  rumor  and  gossip,  with no quality control.
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 11:26:57 PM »

Wikipedia is NOT a reliable? source and should? not be taken as? the "truth." It can be? "edited" by any reader without any control? whatsoever. So? an idiot? or? deranged person? could? write? text? and no one? would? know or? care. This is the "trash? can" of the internet? that? Axl referred? to in 2002. Take it for? what it? is: unconfirmed? rumor? and? gossip,? with no quality control.

im well aware of that. But the article was a seperate article written by the one of the heads of security, and was linked to the article. Did you even bother to click the link ? If you had you would have seen it wasnt a wikpedia article, that I had linked to.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 11:33:03 PM by Nu gunner » Logged
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 11:46:31 PM »

Wikipedia is NOT a reliable? source and should? not be taken as? the "truth." It can be? "edited" by any reader without any control? whatsoever. So? an idiot? or? deranged person? could? write? text? and no one? would? know or? care. This is the "trash? can" of the internet? that? Axl referred? to in 2002. Take it for? what it? is: unconfirmed? rumor? and? gossip,? with no quality control.

im well aware of that. But the article was a seperate article written by the one of the heads of security, and was linked to the article. Did you even bother to click the link ? If you had you would have seen it wasnt a wikpedia article, that I had linked to.

Ok then, we are  agreed.  peace
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: