Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:27:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  ATTENTION : Northeast U.S. (New Jersey acting-Gov declares State of Emergency)
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: ATTENTION : Northeast U.S. (New Jersey acting-Gov declares State of Emergency)  (Read 5614 times)
Edward Rose
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2007, 08:57:07 PM »

jesus, when global warmings had its way, england will have storms like that too.

Scary thought!

I just went to downtown Manhattan and they were about a foot or two away from being under water. Close call. The storm is running about 6 hours behind schedule and that's the only reason it wasn't worse.

But the storm is only just now forming off the Maryland coast... the rain all day was just some energy moving out ahead of it.

EDIT--- My ears are starting to pop from the low pressure... Barometer: 29.17" (987.7 mb)

England? Your biggest problem in the Global Warming computer models will be the breakdown of the Gulf Stream cycle, plunging The U.K. and all near-by countries into arctic weather equal to what is experienced at the same lattitude in Canada... http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/city/pages/mb-25_metric_e.html
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 09:05:21 PM by Edward Rose » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2007, 11:08:31 PM »

Well it brought some very cool weather down here. Two days ago I was going to go swimming, and today I have my sweater on, which of course, is fine with me.
Edward Rose
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2007, 11:14:14 PM »

The pressure just dropped below 29.04 which is as low as a category one hurricane. And the storm just formed and is still hundreds of miles away.
Edward Rose
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2007, 09:05:01 AM »

Stay away from moving water and enjoy the day off from school...  ok

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WEATHER/04/16/storm.ap/index.html
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007, 09:53:41 AM »

My sons and I just flew home Saturday from spending 10 days at the beach and now they don't have school today because of the storm.  I'm sunburned and freezing now! 

Why don't you just....
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2007, 09:54:25 AM »

Flooding up here in CT is just outrageous.

On my drive in to work today, it was "detour central", having to take lots of side roads to route around flooded out areas.  I passed some lowland areas that were easily under 3 to 4 feet of water (there was a van who's "nose" was completely submerged in one area).

Luckily, so far my house is "dry", as is our basement. Smiley  Hopefully, that luck continues.

They were saying that it should start to slow down now.....here's hoping the drive home is a bit easier.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Edward Rose
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2007, 10:54:21 AM »

Flooding up here in CT is just outrageous.

On my drive in to work today, it was "detour central", having to take lots of side roads to route around flooded out areas.  I passed some lowland areas that were easily under 3 to 4 feet of water (there was a van who's "nose" was completely submerged in one area).

Luckily, so far my house is "dry", as is our basement. Smiley  Hopefully, that luck continues.

They were saying that it should start to slow down now.....here's hoping the drive home is a bit easier.

Yeah, hard to say. The worst is supposed to be over, but the storm is stalled just south of Long Island.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 08:06:24 PM by Edward Rose » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2007, 11:08:23 AM »

Yeah, hard to say. The worst is supposed to be over, but the storm is stalled just south of Long Island.

For us, as long as the rain stays light (and thus, doesn't overpower our drainage capacity), we're OK (meaning my house).  It's the torrential stuff we had last night that kills us.

The light rain isn't going to help out the low lying flooded areas, though....because they're going to keep the water table high so the ground isn't going to be able to soak up much of that extra rain.

Looking at the radar, I'm seeing all light green stuff...none of the nasty red and yellow from early  (around 2 AM til around 6 AM) this morning.  That's a help, at least.  Hopefully it'll just spin itself out.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Edward Rose
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2007, 11:14:48 AM »

For us, as long as the rain stays light (and thus, doesn't overpower our drainage capacity), we're OK (meaning my house).  It's the torrential stuff we had last night that kills us.

The light rain isn't going to help out the low lying flooded areas, though....because they're going to keep the water table high so the ground isn't going to be able to soak up much of that extra rain.

Looking at the radar, I'm seeing all light green stuff...none of the nasty red and yellow from early  (around 2 AM til around 6 AM) this morning.  That's a help, at least.  Hopefully it'll just spin itself out.

I just noticed on the national radar (on the Weather Channel) the snow in up-state NY is changing over to rain. I think that causes rapid snow melt and river flooding.... and eventually comes down to those northern New York City suburbs that get flooded easily.... which are already flooded.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: