Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:36:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227915 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  On reunions...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: On reunions...  (Read 4484 times)
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« on: December 17, 2015, 03:41:19 PM »

Would anyone love to see a reunion of the 2001 lineup?
Axl, Bucket, Robin, Paul, Tommy, Dizzy, Brain, Chris? That lineup out of all the post 1996 lineups is my favorite, personally. Even if we got some combo of that where we had Axl, Bucket, Robin, Duff, Dizzy, I'd love to see them on stage again.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 03:53:01 PM »

I would do anything to get Buckethead back in the fold.

The only one I would take over Buckethead is Slash.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 04:06:57 PM »

Axl, Bucket, Robin, Paul, Tommy, Dizzy, Brain, Chris? That lineup out of all the post 1996 lineups is my favorite, personally. Even if we got some combo of that where we had Axl, Bucket, Robin, Duff, Dizzy, I'd love to see them on stage again.

Would love to see a 2002 reunion if Axl and Slash dont get back together.

That lineup could have done a lot of great things if the label and Axl were in unison during that period.

They had the look, the chops and most of all the GnR spirit. They did not care about their image and certainly could have pushed the envelope musically. I also enjoyed their live performances more because Bucket and Robin usually mixed up the way they played the solos of both the old and new songs each night. That is how the old lineup used to do it. And Axl seemed to be more more ambitious and eager during that time frame.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 04:10:08 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
CherryGarcia
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 04:11:49 PM »

Would love to see a 2002 reunion if Axl and Slash dont get back together.

That lineup could have done a lot of great things if the label and Axl were in unison during that period.

I prefer 2001 cause of Paul. The guy wrote a bulk of CD, and he's very talented and he sort of is maligned by one side of the fanbase, and kind of forgotten by the other. Everyone's like Richard, Richard, Richard. Yes, Richard is a good guitarist, with great stage presence. But when everyone else was jumping ship, Paul hung on. Paul helped organize the band and kept all the detailed records in order; he co-wrote most of the songs. As Axl said, "Without Paul, there would be no more Guns N' Roses." 2001 has Bucket, Robin and Paul and I consider them the most important parts of post 1996 GN'R outside of Axl himself.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 04:13:19 PM »

Paul may have been important but he was never going to be a part of the actual touring band. He is more of a behind the scenes/studio guy.

Fortus is the perfect addition.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 04:18:15 PM »

Paul may have been important but he was never going to be a part of the actual touring band. He is more of a behind the scenes/studio guy.

Fortus is the perfect addition.

I agree.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 05:07:47 PM »

Yes, I would love to see that. The 2001/2002 line-ups were the best lines ups after 1996.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 08:52:21 AM »

I would actually be very interested to see what was happening before we saw a band take the stage in 2001... What did this band look like in 1997-1999, how would they have performed live? Axl, Tommy, Paul, Robin, Josh, Huh

Where the 2001-2002 lineup loses me is Bucket. YES, he is hugely talented, but he has zero stage presence. Obviously you can't miss him on stage with how he is dressed, but when he didn't have a part to play (and if you watch the 2001 and 2002 pro shots we have that was long stretches of time) he just sat there like someone 'powered' him off. Absolutely everything in 2001-2002 could have been played by Paul and Robin or Richard and Robin. Only the material that was introduced to us in 2006 and later in 2009 really 'required' the 3rd guitar player.
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 05:29:28 PM »

My reunion is with Buckethead and Finck, not slash and duff

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015, 09:48:38 AM »

I really loved what Robin and Buckethead added to the band (It really felt like a new era and new BAND), but Paul stuck out like a sore thumb and his guitar playing was...distracting to say the least.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: