Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:08:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227867 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Other New Song Titles Axl Confirmed (CD2)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Other New Song Titles Axl Confirmed (CD2)  (Read 11069 times)
Marion68
VIP

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2011, 01:33:22 AM »

Yes,during the chats on Dezember 2oo8 Axl confirmed a  bunch of songs like "Ides of March,7,The General,..." and I hope for all of us that we will hear them soon...

By the way and I hope that they will bring out a LIVE DVD "Chinese Democracy Tour"
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2011, 10:03:41 PM »

Don't know if we can count this one too:

"Daddy Can the Devil do Mommy and Me?"

Described by Axl on the 2008 chats as an experimental piece inspired by "End of Days" scenes.
On another part of the interview he mentioned an instrumental solo effort written for that movie.
But it's not clear if this instrumental and that experimental pieces are the same.

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2011, 10:08:05 PM »

I Believe:

TROLL
LOSER
HATER

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2011, 11:46:09 AM »

Best Buy is showing a new GNR release on November 15...Could it be?  yes

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/CD/19470459.p?id=2247759&skuId=19470459&st=guns%20n%27%20roses&lp=1&cp=1

sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2011, 11:54:14 AM »

somebody over on mygnr says its some illusion stuff , i dont know what exactly
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2011, 11:56:48 AM »

I looked and it doesn't say anything either way.  Might be a rerelease of the Illusion CDs, which would be cool in it's own right, or it just might be the start of something...bigger.  ok

Edit: Just checked BB website again, and it shows multiple GNR releases slated for 11/15/11 under different SKU numbers.  Could be re-releases of the back-catalogue...Or it might be similar to the multiple album covers for CD, which each got seperate SKU #s, before the release got botched.  We should find out soon.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 12:10:48 PM by sofine11 » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2011, 12:34:25 PM »

I looked and it doesn't say anything either way.  Might be a rerelease of the Illusion CDs, which would be cool in it's own right, or it just might be the start of something...bigger.  ok

Edit: Just checked BB website again, and it shows multiple GNR releases slated for 11/15/11 under different SKU numbers.  Could be re-releases of the back-catalogue...Or it might be similar to the multiple album covers for CD, which each got seperate SKU #s, before the release got botched.  We should find out soon.
I'm seeing a price of $37.99.  That certainly wouldn't be a CD.  I think it was Spirt who said he googled the SKU yesterday and it showed up as a UYI Japan import, which I guess could explain the high price.  I googled it too, and found the same thing.

Maybe they're just trying to throw us off though.  hihi

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2011, 01:09:02 PM »

I'm seeing a price of $37.99.  That certainly wouldn't be a CD.  I think it was Spirt who said he googled the SKU yesterday and it showed up as a UYI Japan import, which I guess could explain the high price.  I googled it too, and found the same thing.

Maybe they're just trying to throw us off though.  hihi

I saw that too, but it lists several different GNR releases with different numbers on that day, not just the UYI2 one that was found.  Bands often re-release some of their back catalogue coinciding with a new release to create buzz & hype.  Would be really cool if that's what's going on here.

If GNR put out some new material and tour the states in the same period of time, it might be more than a lot fans can handle.   drool
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2011, 01:52:49 PM »

Maybe ChinDem, Booklet Alternative.

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2011, 01:58:59 PM »

Is a new GNR album coming out this fall so far fetched?  If you consider that Axl initially wanted to release the followup album (which has already been recorded) a year apart from CD, is it coming out three years later that unrealistic? 

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2011, 02:02:28 PM »

37.99 USD lots to pay for different artwork!

Here today...ready to rock
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2011, 02:07:13 PM »

It's also quite expensive for a back-catalogue re-release as well.  I've always said it would be cool if they rereleased Chinese Democracy as a double album along with the alternate booklet, but even then that's still a pretty big price tag.

Maybe Mysteron or someone in the know can clue us in...
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2011, 02:12:57 PM »

From memory a number of things like this happened in the build up to the release of Chinese democracy. So I wouldn't look too deeply into it.  ok

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2011, 02:27:09 PM »

I Googled the UPC numbers.

They all show up on Amazon.co.jp as the old albums.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2011, 02:29:44 PM »

Hmm.  I certainly hope these aren't simply Japanese imports.  I know GNR's back catalogue being remastered & rereleased has long been on the wishlist of GNR fans.  That would be very cool indeed.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2011, 06:13:26 PM »

Hmm.  I certainly hope these aren't simply Japanese imports.  I know GNR's back catalogue being remastered & rereleased has long been on the wishlist of GNR fans.  That would be very cool indeed.

Why would best buy import the old albums from japan when you can buy them in the us? Is there anything different with the japanese ones?

I hope they can get some new tracks out there soonish I'm hungry for more material!

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2011, 06:19:51 PM »

Maybe More"

- 2 New Songs
- Instrumental Version Official

And Picture Of:

Stone_Of_ L_A

hihi hihi hihi

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2011, 08:15:30 PM »

Why would best buy import the old albums from japan when you can buy them in the us? Is there anything different with the japanese ones?

I hope they can get some new tracks out there soonish I'm hungry for more material!

It would be odd if BB did that, which is why it looks like these are something else.  Not necessarily a new album, but that price seems to indicate that this is something different.  We'll see...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2011, 08:22:36 PM »

It would be odd if BB did that, which is why it looks like these are something else.  Not necessarily a new album, but that price seems to indicate that this is something different.  We'll see...

The cd's in question are so called SHM, here's the wikipedia explanation of the abbreviation:

Super High Material (SHM-CD); a Compact Disc manufacturing process for some pre-recorded compact discs since 2006 in Japan only that is claimed to have improved sound.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2011, 08:29:19 PM »

In Japan Sale ChinDem SHM-CD

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »