Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 01:03:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  old GnR vs. new GnR
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: old GnR vs. new GnR  (Read 10970 times)
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2006, 12:47:12 PM »

this current line-up is GNR and is called GNR even if 3 stupid "fans" doesnt think it is...
sad but true!?

make that 4 stupid "fans"? - you can include me
Make that 5 Smiley

Make that 6 Wink,
honestly not kidding...
Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2006, 03:39:03 AM »

Everybody's entitled to to their opinion just because they differ from each other dosn't make one person's opinion better then the other mine just happens to be I don't like new GN'R and would rather see Velvet Revolver whether they are money grabbing or not is not an Issue for me I just prefer those guys as musicians to the new GN'r One's and I include Axl in that

We Love To Treat Women Great ,But We Havn't got Any Money So We Treat Them Like Shit-Izzy Stradlin 1986
adry
Opening Act

On the Nightrain

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2006, 11:12:50 AM »

this current line-up is GNR and is called GNR even if 3 stupid "fans" doesnt think it is...
sad but true!?

first of all, no one is saying that they're not called GNR, get that straight. second of all, "3 stupid 'fans'"Huh u should really learn how to count...

live fast, die young
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2006, 11:24:33 AM »

maybe if slash and duff wouldn't have gave up the rights to the gnr neme you would all be happy. you care more about the name of the band than the music. and i think that sucks. a lot. we have two bands instead of one and all you do is bash one or another. they chose to go separate ways and one of them got the name. if velvet were called gnr you would have the axl fans yellin thats not gnr. you people just won't let it go. and it's sad cos we're all here because of the music.

If you read interviews about how all that went down when they signed over the rights it was a pretty fucking BS move by Axl threatening not to go on with UYI tour if they didn't.....

I guess the other members of the band did so so they wouldn't have to cancel a world tour and piss off all their fans
Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2006, 11:43:27 AM »

Slash said in one interview a few years ago it was the only way they could get him to go on stage he said he would break up the band if they didn't ,so they comprimised to keep the band together

We Love To Treat Women Great ,But We Havn't got Any Money So We Treat Them Like Shit-Izzy Stradlin 1986
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2006, 02:01:27 PM »

maybe if slash and duff wouldn't have gave up the rights to the gnr neme you would all be happy. you care more about the name of the band than the music. and i think that sucks. a lot. we have two bands instead of one and all you do is bash one or another. they chose to go separate ways and one of them got the name. if velvet were called gnr you would have the axl fans yellin thats not gnr. you people just won't let it go. and it's sad cos we're all here because of the music.

If you read interviews about how all that went down when they signed over the rights it was a pretty fucking BS move by Axl threatening not to go on with UYI tour if they didn't.....

I guess the other members of the band did so so they wouldn't have to cancel a world tour and piss off all their fans

Exaclty, if Axl cares more about the music than the name, then why did he threaten not to go on tour unless they signed over the name?

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2006, 02:03:07 PM »

Slash and Duff seem to have wanted to make a straight forward rock album. Which in old guns days is all they ever wanted... no ballads, just AFD songs.

For what it's worth, I think you're forgetting Fall To Pieces, You Got No Right and Loving The Alien.

supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2006, 02:53:51 AM »

i never meant to go back to the signing over the rights. i was trying to tell you that all this old gnr new gnr should stop. the music is important. and why do we care about who's keeping the name?
and by giving axl the rights they just postponed what was going to happen anyway in 94-95. and then the fans didn't matter.
maybe they should've never signed the rights to gnr, then they'd split up and nobody would be using the gnr name. and we would have been happy now having vr and axl rose band.
it's sad how it all went down.

Sweet s
Rocker

Here There Everywhere

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2006, 08:36:23 AM »

there has always been a dispute about the GN'R name When Tracii left he din't want them to use the name, But then he gave in and said they could use it Undecided

supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2006, 09:13:37 AM »

well, you have to admit, it's a beautiful name  Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: