Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 02:53:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GNR "The Revolving Door"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR "The Revolving Door"  (Read 1544 times)
Pocket Roses
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: May 31, 2006, 06:59:49 AM »

Yes this is my first post.  But I have been a GNR fan since the Appetite days.  I may be new to this message board, but I've been checking it out since 2000.  Maybe earlier when Oh My God dropped in 1999 , but that is now to long to remember and wayyyy to many beers inbetween, anyways....
I'm just sick of hearing what Axl should do and shouldn't do.  Yes I know this is a message board.  We get to write what we think and opinions do kick ass.  What I'm trying to get is Axl is Axl.  What ever Axl does well we can not change it.  I believe Axl reads these message boards.  His personality is to big to not check these posts from time to time.  What about the other bandmembers?  THey must check these posts also.  Hi Axl  peace
   I'm also sick of this bashing of Guns during the RIR5 show.  Just be glad they are playing.  Do we really care what Axl wears?  If there was a message board in 1988 would people hate Axl because he wore a trucker hat over a bandanna like all the homies would do in a few years.  Or that his spandex was to tight during the Use Your Illusion Tours.  I actually liked the Axl that came out in 2002.  He looked comfortable in those clothes if you really want my opinion.  Now it seems like he has raided Michael Jacksons closet with the clothes he wears now.  But remember Axl is Axl and he will do whatever he wants.  I could care less with what he wears.  It's the music that counts.
Now the revolving door which was the subject of this whole post.
   Guns N Roses in my opinion is a revolving door. Since Use Your Illusions of adding Matt and Dizzy it wasn't the original lineup.  Up till Lies that was original GNR.  The Use Your Illusions Guns were different and better.  Added Keyboards and a drummer that wasn't a junkie.  Might of been an asshole but not a junkie.  Anyways my point is all this "New" GNR bashing has to stop.  I guess the only way for this to happen is the new album drop and they end up proving themselves.   Since Use Your Illusions it was a different band from the Appetite days.  The Spaghetti Incident is also different because of the adds of Gilby and the drop of Izzy.  So my point is what we see onstage these days is Guns N Roses.  Please just be glad that they are playing and having a good time up there.  It was good to finally see an exband mate up there with Axl in New York.  I really think Axl needs Izzy.  Axl has not written an album without Izzys help on it.  I would be psyched to see Izzys name in some of these new songs that come out on Chinese Democracy.  Hell I would like to see the credits of these new songs that they have sang so far.  Out of everyone I think it is Izzy that Axl needs and not Slash.  Izzy has some great lyrics when joined with Axl.
A couple more things before I go.  I do miss the Axl rants but with him saying "why doesn't Axl rant anymore?"  Well isn't that a rant Axl?  When a band just goes up there and sings and not talk to the crowd well I can just pop in a cd at home and get the same effect.  Now if there are a few rants thrown in then I get my moneys worth.  Marilyn Manson is just great when it comes to connecting to the crowd.  Yes he is a freek job but Manson connects to the crowd everytime he goes out there and plays.
   I love you Axl and yes you have grownup a lot.  I an curious to see what happens at the Download Festival where a lot of rock bands are going to be.  Yes you have left for some time and these bands Tool, and Korn have proved themselves since Guns have been gone.  I wonder if Maynerd James Keenen will stay quiet on this day about our hero Axl.  The Download festival is our new RIR in my eyes.  More bands there for our Axl to prove himself to.  But does he really have to prove himself? 
   It is finally nice to write down a big thankyou for keeping me entertained all these years on the message board.  I really do thank you guys.  I just thought it was time to break my silence and give you all a slice of what I've been thinking all these years.  All you guys have another Axl fan on here so one more for the good guys or is that bad guys now?

One more thing how can someone compare the Beatles to Guns N Roses on a post.  We all know Guns N Roses is BETTER.  Ok I put up Civil War to any Beatles song.  I won't even go with one of our big guns..... smoking
   Peace and Thank you all again....... ok

.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 07:06:10 AM »

Nice post  ok

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
godiva
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 07:18:47 AM »

Pft, lots of words. Could you give me a summary? Oh, right, DEAD HORSE! Seriously, if everybody started a thread just to give their opinion on the band, the place would become unreadable. This is not personal, but please, could you find some other EXISTING thread to post in? Anyway, welcome to the board. Now, go read the rules.
EccoTides
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 07:20:12 AM »

Dead Horse, but I do agree - It's been a "different" GNR since the Illusion days, but some of the old fans are a bit too short-sighted to see it...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: