Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 12:37:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Farm Aid 1990 - DOTF - Great picture !
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Farm Aid 1990 - DOTF - Great picture !  (Read 9966 times)
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« on: November 04, 2006, 07:42:44 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ES_XzmDKAc

Look for yourselves Cheesy ?

Look at Duff and Adler right before everyone stops to play and Slash playing alone for a while...That?s what i call a tight band  ok

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
makane
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 08:16:14 AM »

Can we see this band perform again, please  Undecided
I tought Steven was great.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 08:32:06 AM »

Look at Duff and Adler right before everyone stops to play and Slash playing alone for a while...That?s what i call a tight band? ok

Actually history has proven this was them at their worst. Everybody but Axl wanted Adler gone, Axl was starting to depart from the band by holding seperate recording sessions away from the band, and so was Slash, as he started actually literally 'phoning in' some of the rehearsals. Izzy also had one foot in and one foot out.

This is when they became 'all business' actually.

Personally just leave it the way it is now. If we saw these guys again, they'd look old. It ain't 1990-91 anymore.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 08:46:59 AM »

If we saw these guys again, they'd look old. It ain't 1990-91 anymore.
I disagree. Even if they looked old (which I doubt), it would still be better than a fake GNR as we have now.

By the way, about age : Fortus and Stinson are 40, Brain is 42. Slash is 41, Duff is 42, Steven is 41... So I don't know what you're talking about.

Original rather than fake, all the way.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 09:53:04 AM by Slashead » Logged

I'll download it !
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 09:52:04 AM »

I disagree. Even if they look old (which I doubt), it would still be better than a fake GNR as we have now.

By the way, about age : Fortus and Stinson are 40, Brain is 42. Slash is 41, Duff is 42, Steven is 41... So I don't know what you're talking about.

If taking a new Guns N' Roses means freshening it up, rather than the same old same old (VR), i'll take the new Guns anyday.

But thanks for the facts. I had NO IDEA, seriously, that they were all the same age. I didn't know Axl was basically just a few years older than everyone.

But when I said old, I was talking about their look & presentation, not the actual artist's ages.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 09:56:57 AM »

Ask to the Rolling Stones fans if they would prefer some new unknown (and younger) musicians instead of Keith Richards and Charlie Watts...? Grin

Fortus dresses like a teenager (probably Britney's influence) although he's 40.

Biographies : http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/bios/index.html
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 10:30:43 AM by Slashead » Logged

I'll download it !
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 10:21:25 AM »

Ask to the Rolling Stones fans if they wouldn't prefer some new unknown (and younger) musicians instead of Keith Richards and Charlie Watts...? Grin

Fortus dresses like a teenager (probably Britney's influence) although he's 40.

Biographies : http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/bios/index.html

Guns N' Roses is not The Rolling Stones. That's WAY WAY different.

The bottom line is we simply do not know. This project with GN'R has never been done before, and if it has, it wasn't successful.

We're going to just have to ride the wave, and see where it takes us.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2006, 01:17:25 PM »

I disagree. Even if they looked old (which I doubt), it would still be better than a fake GNR as we have now.

fuck off that they r that old??

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2006, 01:24:51 PM »

Look at Duff and Adler right before everyone stops to play and Slash playing alone for a while...That?s what i call a tight band? ok

Actually history has proven this was them at their worst. Everybody but Axl wanted Adler gone, Axl was starting to depart from the band by holding seperate recording sessions away from the band, and so was Slash, as he started actually literally 'phoning in' some of the rehearsals. Izzy also had one foot in and one foot out.

Personally just leave it the way it is now. If we saw these guys again, they'd look old. It ain't 1990-91 anymore.

So what ? It?s not about that ...It?s about Steven never hearing this song ever..And he just needed to look over at Duff and he knew what to do...Yes it?s true Axl never had a problem with Steven...Izzy..He didn?t care, and he stated afterwards he thought it was bullshit  - To fire somebody because of a drug - abiuse, when the whole band is using....Duff..I dunno about him..But what i have heard it was Slash who wanted him out  ok

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2006, 01:54:10 PM »

But what i have heard it was Slash who wanted him out? ok
Photographer Rob Halfin (who worked for the band) said that Axl fired Steven because Steven had sex with Axl's girlfriend, Erin.

I'll download it !
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2006, 02:24:45 PM »

But what i have heard it was Slash who wanted him out? ok
Photographer Rob Halfin (who worked for the band) said that Axl fired Steven because Steven had sex with Axl's girlfriend, Erin.

Well that photographer seems to lie, nobody knows what happend that night..Steven says Andy Mcoy?s wife gave Erin a speedball..Some say Steven gave her that but...There was no sex involved...A close source to Axl said that it was Slash who wanted Steven out..

Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2006, 02:27:33 PM »

A close source to Axl said that it was Slash who wanted Steven out..
Probably Del James... or maybe Sebastian Bach ! rofl

I'll download it !
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2006, 02:28:31 PM »

Nope

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2006, 05:47:23 PM »

So what ? It?s not about that ...It?s about Steven never hearing this song ever..And he just needed to look over at Duff and he knew what to do...Yes it?s true Axl never had a problem with Steven...Izzy..He didn?t care, and he stated afterwards he thought it was bullshit? - To fire somebody because of a drug - abiuse, when the whole band is using....Duff..I dunno about him..But what i have heard it was Slash who wanted him out? ok

You brought it up man, not me. Now it's not about that? You said it was. You said that at that time they were a "tight" band, implying they were close, which is not true, from various band members at that time. I was just repeating what they said.

Slash & Duff were the forcers that wanted Steven out. Apparently they had rehearsed with him many times, most of which Axl was absent at, and they were simply fed up with Steven not pulling off the tracks, due to being too wasted. Then Axl starts showing up for the rehearsals & cutting the new albums, and because he hadn't been there, his tolarance level to keep Steven around was much higher, because he wasn't burnt out on him yet, like Slash & Duff were. But pressure from Slash & Duff on Axl to get rid of Steven got too great, and Steven had to be let go.

A close source to Axl said that it was Slash who wanted Steven out..
Probably Del James... or maybe Sebastian Bach ! rofl

So you're saying he's a liar? Well Slash HIMSELF said he was the one that wanted Steven gone...  peace

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2006, 06:18:58 PM »

I didn't say he's a liar. But I don't think Slash is responsible for Adler's dismissal. There was a general consensus among the band members in order to fire Steven.
Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and probably their manager and the record company were against Steven because he wasn't considered as 'reliable' anymore.? Reading pre or post-1996 interviews makes it quite clear : nobody wanted to work with Steven, nobody defended him, nobody worked with him after GNR's split (except Izzy on a couple of songs).

GNR became a huge business, and there was no room for someone as Steven.

I'll download it !
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 06:41:44 PM »

Just watched DOTF youtube...That rocks hard!  Thanks for posting that.  peace
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2006, 06:38:38 AM »

I didn't say he's a liar. But I don't think Slash is responsible for Adler's dismissal. There was a general consensus among the band members in order to fire Steven.
Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and probably their manager and the record company were against Steven because he wasn't considered as 'reliable' anymore.? Reading pre or post-1996 interviews makes it quite clear : nobody wanted to work with Steven, nobody defended him, nobody worked with him after GNR's split (except Izzy on a couple of songs).

GNR became a huge business, and there was no room for someone as Steven.

Well THAT I agree with.

But saying Del James or Baz, is implying that Axl is a liar. They all wanted him gone. Axl wasn't around the band as much, so really hadn't gotten tired of Steven yet. When he did, it didn't take long for him to get fed up either.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2006, 07:29:41 AM »

The Legend - A band can still be tight when they are not at their peak..Adler had never heard the song before..And just needed to look over at Duff..And he knew everything.....Duff + Steven = Tight.

Duff, Slash and Steven went to Chichago for 3 months...I have heard the demos of - Locomotive, Dust N Bones, Don?t damn me, Garden of Eden...All of thoose songs sounds the same as the Illusion-ones..That means that Steven wrote most of the drum-tracks..And i think he could pull the songs of..Of course he could..The Illusion-drums is not hard  no But then there is another issue..Drugs  ok

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2006, 07:33:11 AM »

The Legend - A band can still be tight when they are not at their peak..Adler had never heard the song before..And just needed to look over at Duff..And he knew everything.....Duff + Steven = Tight.

Duff, Slash and Steven went to Chichago for 3 months...I have heard the demos of - Locomotive, Dust N Bones, Don?t damn me, Garden of Eden...All of thoose songs sounds the same as the Illusion-ones..That means that Steven wrote most of the drum-tracks..And i think he could pull the songs of..Of course he could..The Illusion-drums is not hard? no But then there is another issue..Drugs? ok

You don't get it, so i'm letting it go. This isn't about their performance, and you keep changing what you meant every other post.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 07:35:13 AM by The Legend » Logged

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2006, 07:38:02 AM »

For god sake THE LEGEND..A band can?t be untight just because someone in the band is using drugs !!
  confused

1. Duff was a drummer before GNR
2. Steven and Duff had been playing with eachother for 5 years
3. Slash,Izzy,Steven,Duff was very,very tight back in the 80?s.....So that?s why Duff and Steven knew eachother pretty damn well at the stage

And that?s what i mean..I didn?t say they were friends..tight..ON STAGE  ok  hihi

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: