Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:23:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Midnight Madness
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Midnight Madness  (Read 3995 times)
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« on: November 08, 2006, 03:42:02 AM »

I was just remembering back to 91 when UYI came out and record stores had the very first ever midnight sale of the album.  I was 17 and stayed up.  I was living in my little podunk town and bought it the second it came out.  Then, I sat around to 4 in the morning listening to the whole thing with headphones on not to wake my parents.  I listened to Coma three times in a row.  At that age, I had never heard any song like it.  I was totally blown away.  Bascially, UYI went onto be the soundtrack to my freshman year in college.  But I will always remember going out that night and buying the album...

I started getting a little bummed.  Regardless when the new album comes out...will there be a midnight sale?  Not that the band won't want it...but where in the world will they have it?  Tower Records, Warehouse, Musicland, Sam Goody...are all out of business.  Will Best Buy have a midnight sale?  Circuit City?  Fryes?  I hope so.  Because sometimes the way you buy an album is as memorable as the album itself.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
Fspen
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 04:07:30 AM »

Cool story!   beer
fixintodie
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 04:49:47 AM »

Very cool story. I'm hoping for a midnight sale too, but its not something that people do much anymore. The last one I saw was for Madonna's smash-flop 'American Life' when I lived in Denmark. From what I heard, about 4 people showed up. For some reason it only seems to work for video games these days.

Fingers crossed though.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 04:58:56 AM »

that makes me sad Sad

I was hoping I'd have chinese democracy when I was 16, and that I'll have the experience like that...
and now my teen days are over, and I guess the experience wont matter as much.

I was to young for the illusions, and now I'm to old for the democracy...
darn Cry

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
ben9785
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 05:05:40 AM »

What are you guys talking about?
YOU CAN NEVER BE TOO OLD TO BE...er..young

No seriously. Who cares how old you are. You guys can get just as excited and enthused when this album comes out just like everyone else. In fact, you guys out of all people should be the most hyped when this comes out. Who cares how old you are. If your married and/or have kids, I'm sure they'd excuse you for one day to make up for your teen dreams. Or something. Bah. Too old. Give me a break. When it comes out you guys better blast this and put up video of you fuckin dancing or headbanging and shit. Just leave your canes against the wall   Tongue Tongue joke man.

Rock the fuck on uncles and aunts? ok
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 05:07:20 AM by ben114 » Logged
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 05:22:06 AM »

No seriously. Who cares how old you are. You guys can get just as excited and enthused when this album comes out just like everyone else. In fact, you guys out of all people should be the most hyped when this comes out. Who cares how old you are. If your married and/or have kids, I'm sure they'd excuse you for one day to make up for your teen dreams. Or something. Bah. Too old. Give me a break. When it comes out you guys better blast this and put up video of you fuckin dancing or headbanging and shit. Just leave your canes against the wall? ?Tongue Tongue joke man.

yes, I'm hyped as can be. and the more hyped you are, the more pissed of I get when something goes off tracks crying
but I think back in my highschools days I would have appreciated the album more. back then I was taking things much more personally than now. now it's business as usual.
in 2001, I was writing an article for the school papers, and wrote an article about GNR, and wrote "Chinese Democracy, out this summer"!
How fuckin wrong I was:)

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
ben9785
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 05:23:25 AM »

No seriously. Who cares how old you are. You guys can get just as excited and enthused when this album comes out just like everyone else. In fact, you guys out of all people should be the most hyped when this comes out. Who cares how old you are. If your married and/or have kids, I'm sure they'd excuse you for one day to make up for your teen dreams. Or something. Bah. Too old. Give me a break. When it comes out you guys better blast this and put up video of you fuckin dancing or headbanging and shit. Just leave your canes against the wall? ?Tongue Tongue joke man.

yes, I'm hyped as can be. and the more hyped you are, the more pissed of I get when something goes off tracks crying
but I think back in my highschools days I would have appreciated the album more. back then I was taking things much more personally than now. now it's business as usual.
in 2001, I was writing an article for the school papers, and wrote an article about GNR, and wrote "Chinese Democracy, out this summer"!
How fuckin wrong I was:)

I'm sorry, I didn't mean any bad feeling about it. I was just trying to lighten the spirit.
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 05:36:21 AM »

there wasnt any bad spirits.
it was nice to remember it. those were great days.

I need to use more smileys...
people tend to missinterpret whats on my mind beer peace

ok

what I ment to say is:

yes, I'm hyped as can be.? ok and the more hyped you are, the more pissed of I get when something goes off tracks? crying
but I think back in my highschools days I would have appreciated the album more.? drool back then I was taking things much more personally than now. now it's business as usual. hihi
in 2001, I was writing an article for the school papers, and wrote an article about GNR, and wrote "Chinese Democracy, out this summer"!? Tongue
How I lied Shocked Grin
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 05:38:09 AM by Lucky » Logged

The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 06:40:27 AM »

I remember the midnight sale. So cool. One of the few times you just experience something you'll never forget.

But I also lived in a podunk town. I really lived in a hole in the ground with a name. We had a gas station, a burger joint, and a pizza place. That was about it.

I had to drive 35 miles away to a bigger city to get in on the midnight madness!

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 05:11:46 PM »

I think once we know a "definite" release date, we should all make a concerned effort to make a midnight sale happen...and if there is one...to make sure we get out there in droves.  Nothing would be more fun than celebrating this event than with 100s of other devoted fans.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 12:56:09 AM »

They sold 1 million records in 5 hours. That's 50 a second.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: