Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 08:33:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Avril Lavinge-crap or not?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Avril Lavinge-crap or not?  (Read 15530 times)
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2004, 01:54:11 AM »

Alanis also seems authentic whereas Avril seems created.

Ooooh, yeah.? I'm gonna enjoy shooting THIS myth down.? D, allow me to show you the original Alanis Morrissette (in case you haven't heard) from back in the 80s, when she was Canada's answer to Tiffany - a cheesy teen-pop artist.

The album has extremely deep lyrics...(for example: "You're love ain't enough-OW!  You're just a party party party boy yeah oh baby!  You're just a party party party boy!).  For more, check out:

http://www.rebel-tech.com/alanis/alanis.html

Alanis tries to get those albums deleted, but there ya go - Alanis Morrissette, exposed.

And for all those people who say that Avril is stupid for trying to be "punk"...the fact is that it's the media that put that tag on her, because of the skateboarding image and the eyeliner.? Nothing more...everybody knows that she's not actually punk or even trying to be.? It's the "in" thing these days for pop singers to have some kind of toned-down punk imagery without being anything like punk.? For example, in that Ashlee Simpson video, she has eyeliner and wears a shirt that says "punk".? Does that make her punk?? No, of course not.? It's a stupid thing to be talking about in the first place.? She's not saying that she's the new hardcore queen...she's just making a fashion statement, nothing more.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 01:58:00 AM by Mattman » Logged
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2004, 01:55:01 AM »

Anybody who thinks she's just like Britney Spears has never seen or listened to her.? Unlike Britney, Avril write her own songs, plays an instrument, and sings with her voice instead of her nose.

Having said that, I don't think she's the greatest thing since sliced bread.? I like a few of her songs here and there.? She writes fairly good lyrics.

As far as her looks go, she's cute but definitely not "hot".

When did she start writting her own songs?
I was about to ask the same question.

Dizzy, if you could give each songs writing/composing credits, that would be fine.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 02:04:37 AM by John Daniels » Logged
RichardNixon
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2004, 06:36:31 AM »

I think Avril is hot. I'd like to see her take a dump in a kitty litter box  hihi
DemocracyRose
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2004, 06:40:47 AM »

She is a real rock bitch.... Cool and good looking... (sometimes)

Could see her do some GNR covers... ok

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2004, 09:05:39 AM »

I also want to write my own songs. Too bad I can't Shocked

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2004, 09:47:34 AM »

I read in Rolling Stone that the Martixs wrote the songs then she came in and changed words from the to and, that was about the exstint of her writting.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2004, 10:13:22 AM »

She has appearently cowritten pretty much every song, but the amount of writing itself is pretty hard to determin.. And in some cases I believe that it might be that she's changed a few words here and there.

On an interesting sidenote, on her latest album one of the drummers credited is Josh Freeze.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Chris Misfit
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2004, 11:38:43 AM »

The only people to ever consider her a punk, are people who tend not to listen to punk, or use the ideal that doing whatver you want is punk. In both cases, theyre idiots.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2004, 01:44:54 PM »

She is a real rock bitch.... Cool and good looking... (sometimes)

Could see her do some GNR covers... ok

Errr....no not unless you want them wrecking.  Anyone remember Metallica on MTVIcon.  She covered Fuel and boy did it sound bad.  I also heard rumours going round she didn't even know who they were.  As Skeletor said she's nothing that special, she isn't ugly, she is good looking but not out of this world amazing she just fits in with a load of others nothing to make her stand out.  As for her songs at first i thought not bad, kinda catchy but im just bored with it all now.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2004, 07:39:22 PM »

She sucks big time she is a rock star wanna be and does a bad job at that she is more pop

EEEERRRR Little boy
virtue this
Opening Act

ain't it fun...such fun

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2004, 12:07:03 PM »

avril lavinge.
crap.

haha it was on herehttp://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2160

its completly stupid..for avril to call her self punk...i am ashamed when i pull on my bondage pants to wear that she wears them in PURPLE....and heeps a little teenybopping pouzers think there cool.
tisk tisk

shes very moronic

"I created Punk for this day and age. Do you see Britney walking around wearing ties and singing punk? Hell no. That's what I do. I'm like a Sid Vicious for a new generation."
-Avril Lavigne

need i say more...i think not!

your nightmares seem like dreams to me when i wake up to face reality
RichardNixon
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2004, 12:13:24 PM »

"I created Punk for this day and age. Do you see Britney walking around wearing ties and singing punk? Hell no. That's what I do. I'm like a Sid Vicious for a new generation."
-Avril Lavigne

rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl rofl hihi

Now that's one for the books!
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2004, 07:09:52 PM »

What the fuck does that mean - Sid Vicious for a new generation?? Does that mean she prefers E over heroin?? Damn those fake punks....... Huh

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
gypsy eyes
Headliner

proud to be a llama!

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2004, 07:10:52 PM »

And for all those people who say that Avril is stupid for trying to be "punk"...the fact is that it's the media that put that tag on her

in that Ashlee Simpson video, she has eyeliner and wears a shirt that says "punk".? Does that make her punk?? No, of course not.? It's a stupid thing to be talking about in the first place.? She's not saying that she's the new hardcore queen...she's just making a fashion statement, nothing more.

well if she says that she's the Sid Vicious of the new generation (thanks for putting it here btw, one of my "fav" avril quotes? rofl) she can't expect us to take that in a non-punk way?

and why the hell would she wear Punk shirts if she's not punk? that's stupid... you don't wear shirt promoting something you aren't or you don't support... that's like a member of the KKK walking around in a Black Panters shirt... it's not a fashion statement either... a dumb shirt you wear once or twice in your life isn't a fashion statement, it's just a dumb shirt... and in this case: a dumb shirt belonging to a dumb person who's promoting something she even says she's not confused

so you guessed i don't like her hihi sorry but even britney gets more respect from me than avril... at least britney admits to make pop music, and doesn't say she's pure rock n' roll... or even worse: punk Roll Eyes you say how great it is that she writes or at least co-writes her own songs? get a grip... someone who can't even write his/her own songs shouldn't even be aloud in a studio to record them! imo music is still a way to express yourself artistically and you just can't express your own feelings and personality and opinions through music and words someone else wrote... that is just fake no

oh and just a lil side note about the Sid Vicious quote... that same reporter confronted Rotten with it and ask him what he thought: "Dude, I wish she really was like Sid... then she'd be dead now ehe"? hihi

You got something to say to me
Well say it to my face
I'm so sick of society
That says me I'm out of place
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2004, 07:12:40 PM »

oh and just a lil side note about the Sid Vicious quote... that same reporter confronted Rotten with it and ask him what he thought: "Dude, I wish she really was like Sid... then she'd be dead now ehehihi

Classic  ok

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2004, 10:43:08 PM »

crap, but she's definately hot! better than shitney and crapstina for sure!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
virtue this
Opening Act

ain't it fun...such fun

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2004, 12:44:31 AM »

And for all those people who say that Avril is stupid for trying to be "punk"...the fact is that it's the media that put that tag on her

in that Ashlee Simpson video, she has eyeliner and wears a shirt that says "punk".? Does that make her punk?? No, of course not.? It's a stupid thing to be talking about in the first place.? She's not saying that she's the new hardcore queen...she's just making a fashion statement, nothing more.

and why the hell would she wear Punk shirts if she's not punk? that's stupid... you don't wear shirt promoting something you aren't or you don't support... that's like a member of the KKK walking around in a Black Panters shirt... it's not a fashion statement either... a dumb shirt you wear once or twice in your life isn't a fashion statement, it's just a dumb shirt... and in this case: a dumb shirt belonging to a dumb person who's promoting something she even says she's not confused

haha this is in a ezibuy clothing magazine...HAAHAHAHHAHHAHHHAHAHA

Chris Misfit
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2004, 12:57:46 AM »

Why do you care so much? Most of you would have trouble naming 5 punk bands. She's not wearing anything different to most 15 year old girls.
virtue this
Opening Act

ain't it fun...such fun

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2004, 01:14:10 AM »

avril lavainge is about 20 or something
15 year old girls dont wear bondage pants...where im from...

five punk bands....
aus rotten
crass
conflict
a global threat
lower class brats
17 stitches
dropkick murphys
the clash
the sex pistols
the dead kennedys
good riddance
the rabble(nz)
the disposed(nz)
the bleeders(nz)

would you like more.....

why do i care so much...shes making a joke about what punk stands for.

Chris Misfit
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2004, 01:33:24 AM »

So was Sid Vicious, but the media treat him like a punk god.

What has Avril got to do with punk? Nothing.
How does she effect punk? She doesn't.
She wears bondage? Well, I thought there was alot more to punk than a look.

Why worry?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: