Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 07:23:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Live 8
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live 8  (Read 27540 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #160 on: July 06, 2005, 01:29:13 PM »

anyone know of a direct link to see the crue's performance?

by the way, the philly show was absolutely awful. boring as hell.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #161 on: July 06, 2005, 01:32:19 PM »

Here ya go

http://www.miwebhelp.com/crue05.htm

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Chris Misfit
« Reply #162 on: July 07, 2005, 08:19:10 AM »

The Kaiser Chiefs ruled. Best comnmercial band I've heard in years.

The Proclaimers ruled too.

The rest was awful.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #163 on: July 07, 2005, 11:18:51 AM »

thanks alot!  ok   awesome!

D - you're right. that performance is weak. and they're using background music too, which sucks.

i'm not kidding though, everyone i talked to said their live show on this tour was one of the best concerts they ever saw. it's been a few months since i saw them in philly and i can honestly say that it may have been the best concert of my life. they were THAT good. hopefully, they keep it up on the second leg of the tour, and this was just an exception.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #164 on: July 07, 2005, 01:33:57 PM »

Pink FLoyd rokt

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #165 on: July 07, 2005, 08:59:19 PM »

I am an enormous Motley fan as most of u know but reading some fan reviews I got to wondering what Performance u all were watching?

I was embarrassed watching the Crue, Vince was absolutely horrible in my opinion, he looks fat and bloated again, he skipped and mumbled the lyrics, his voice was too high and squeaky.

Just didnt think they sounded good at all.

He sounded very high and squeaky I agree, as for the bloating...well that?s what age does to some people. The Cr?e is great, each of its members it?s extremely cool-looking.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #166 on: July 09, 2005, 03:21:09 AM »

I got great seats for September 11th

thing about Motley  is

Their show probably makes them more entertaining

if it were a concert with no theatrics or explosions im not sure they could pull it off as well.

I guess Vince was just havin an offday cause on his remake concert he sounded amazing.

I think Motley should add a rhythm guitarist to play in the background just to make their music sound fuller.

I heard mostly Tommy's drums and Vince singing, not alot of bass or Micks guitar.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #167 on: July 11, 2005, 11:27:58 AM »

As far as Bob Geldof is concerned, his Live 8 concerts were a smashing success.

On Friday, the leaders of the world's eight largest nations made a global commitment to increase aid to Africa from $25 billion to $50 billion (see

as well as forgive the debts of 18 of the continent's poorest countries. Hours after the 31st annual gathering of the G8 culminated with this agreement in Gleneagles, Scotland, Bono and the Live 8 mastermind both lauded the move, saying it would, in due course, save hundreds of thousands of people from grave indigence and disease, according to The Associated Press.

"A mountain has been climbed here," Bono said. "But it's worth just stopping for a second and looking back down the valley at where we've all come. Doubling aid for Africa has not been easy, and it's been a very hard sell for us salesmen. And I'm very proud to report that these figures are very meaningful."

Both rockers applauded the work of the G8 members (see "What Is The G8, Anyway?"), but were quick to credit both the Live 8 concerts and the subsequent pro-Africa protest marches in Edinburgh, Scotland, as being persuasive engines that helped drive the leaders of the world's wealthiest nations to step up and adopt the mission of ending endemic poverty in Africa (see "Over 50,000 Turn Out For Music, Mandela At Live 8 Finale").

"We've pulled this off," Bono told reporters. "The world spoke, and the politicians listened."

Geldof ? who heralded the outcome in Gleneagles as "a qualified triumph" and declared "a great justice has been done" ? and Bono both cautioned the G8 leaders to make good on the promises they've outlined: "If these people let us down ... they will feel it when they go to the ballot," Bono stated, according to the AP.

"Now we must make sure it happens," added Geldof. "Three billion people will be watching."

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #168 on: July 11, 2005, 04:27:48 PM »

im proud of Bob Geldof. he's a tru hero

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #169 on: July 14, 2005, 10:36:49 AM »

And he's Irish! And so is Bono!
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #170 on: July 14, 2005, 02:25:11 PM »

dont forget all the other people involved, especially Midge Ure, theyve been together on this for 20+ years

do you get the feeling that many people have already forgotten the Live 8 concerts?

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #171 on: July 16, 2005, 12:00:24 AM »

I got great seats for September 11th

thing about Motley is

Their show probably makes them more entertaining

if it were a concert with no theatrics or explosions im not sure they could pull it off as well.

I guess Vince was just havin an offday cause on his remake concert he sounded amazing.

I think Motley should add a rhythm guitarist to play in the background just to make their music sound fuller.

I heard mostly Tommy's drums and Vince singing, not alot of bass or Micks guitar.
They do, it's called a click track.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #172 on: July 16, 2005, 08:46:19 AM »

dont forget all the other people involved, especially Midge Ure, theyve been together on this for 20+ years

do you get the feeling that many people have already forgotten the Live 8 concerts?

Definetly not..I think everyone is still thinking about them..The Londom bombing kind of took away from them but still are very strong

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #173 on: July 16, 2005, 06:12:21 PM »

That week must've been very weird for Londoners.

I was there visiting and definitely was weird going from a positive event like Live 8 on July 2nd and something great as London getting the olympics on July 6th, to the blasts the next day (July 7th).

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #174 on: July 16, 2005, 07:05:21 PM »

yea, thats what i mean...the bombs took the focus off of both Live 8 and the London success with the Olympic bid...all i heard on the news was about how they will make the London Olympics a success, and little or nothing about Live 8 because they assumed the bombers were trying to put the success of the Olympic bid in the shade (when in reality they probably planned it over at least several months)...i find it strange that people think that the Olympics which is basically just a money making event is more important than the starving people in Africa...if you saw the media in the UK you will see how little Live 8 gets mentioned now and how much the Olympics is mentioned despite it being 7 years away...

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #175 on: July 28, 2005, 09:36:22 AM »

DEEP PURPLE guitarist Steve Morse has posted a two-part letter at his web site offering a recap of his recent activities. A few excerpts from the letter follow:

"We ended up being able to play on 'Live 8' by virtue of some excellent planning. Our managers got together with Ryan Aviation in Rockford, Illinois, and got us a big enough jet to bring us to Canada, then back to the U.S. for our next scheduled date... the same day."

"Musical highlights for me were just being able to hear some great artists play. I knew Randy Bachman's music from his hits with BACHMAN TURNER OVERDRIVE, but I wasn't prepared for how well he sang and played. I'm a big BRYAN ADAMS fan, so I watched his set and said hello with a big smile on my face. He always sounds fantastic.

"Perhaps the biggest deal for me personally was a conversation I had with Mick Mars from M?TLEY CR?E. I got a chance to talk to Mick and tell him that he was an inspiration to my son.

Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #176 on: July 28, 2005, 07:54:44 PM »

Am I the only one in the board who couldnt sleep through 2 days after seeing David Gilmore`s face??
Aside from the  bad joke, I think Live 8 was awsome,It was a very hard thing to do and Bob Geldof pulled it off.
Clearly, the bigest musci event ever.

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #177 on: October 13, 2005, 02:22:25 PM »

A host of extras and exclusive material included.

"It was 20 years ago today..." sang Paul McCartney. And so opened one of the greatest music spectacles the world has ever seen

Now, four months on, EMI Records have revealed full details of a four disc DVD chronicling July 2nd's Live 8 event.

Described as the biggest live event of its kind ever to be released on DVD, the package will attempt to encompass footage from the Live 8 shows staged in London and Philadelphia alongside key highlights from the seven other events staged across the world. Every artist who performed at London's Hyde Park and Philadelphia's Museum Of Art appear on the DVD, many of them with their full sets.

Hitting shops November 7 (and a day later in the US), the package will focus primarily on the London and Philadelphia concerts, while also highlighting performances from artists who appeared at the Live 8 concerts in Rome, Paris, Berlin, Toronto, Johannesburg and Moscow. A large portion of profits will be donated to the Live Aid foundation.

"I hope this will be the biggest selling DVD of all time. It deserves to be," says organiser Sir Bob Geldof. "More importantly perhaps, it should be, for it will help us achieve our goal of changing the lives of the extreme poor for the better and making our generation the one that helped end the disgrace of poverty."

Pink Floyd's historical reunion appears in its entirety, as do other performances by U2, Coldplay, Joss Stone, Madonna, Kaiser Chiefs, Destiny's Child, Bon Jovi, the Black Eyed Peas and many more from London's Hyde Park and Philadelphia's Art Museum.

Also featured are Green Day, Brian Wilson and Roxy Music in Berlin and Neil Young in Toronto, the Pet Shop Boys in Moscow, Duran Duran in Rome, Vusi Mahlasela in Johannesburg and Placebo and Muse in Paris.

Disc 4 will include a bundle of extra features, including a never-before-seen backstage documentary filmed at Hyde Park, Pink Floyd's Live 8 reunion rehearsal, more acts from Live 8's global concerts including McFly and Bjork in Tokyo, films by The Who and Travis and highlights from Edinburgh's Final Push concert at Murrayfield on July 6.

Single disc sets for the Paris, Berlin, Rome and Toronto Live 8 concerts will also be made available.

Live 8 took place on 2 July 2005, with nine simultaneous, free concerts rocking the globe, and forcing governments to look at their current aid packages.

Read Sound Generator's take on the day with our backstage blog from Hyde Park here; [Live 8: Live blog from London, Berlin & Paris!].

The Live 8 DVD tracklisting is as follows:

DISC 1

Paul McCartney & U2 - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
U2 - Beautiful Day
U2 - Vertigo
U2 - One
Coldplay - In My Place
Coldplay with Richard Ashcroft - Bittersweet Symphony
Coldplay - Fix You
Elton John - The Bitch Is Back
Elton John - Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting
Elton John with Pete Doherty - Children Of The Revolution
Dido & Youssou N'Dour - 7 Seconds
Stereophonics - Bartender And The Thief
REM - Everybody Hurts
REM - Man On The Moon
Ms Dynamite - Dy-Na-Mi-Tee
Keane - Somewhere Only We Know
Black Eyed Peas - Where Is The Love
Black Eyed Peas - Let's Get It Started
Black Eyed Peas with Stephen Marley - Get Up Stand Up
Duran Duran - Wild Boys (Rome)
Bob Geldof - I Don't Like Mondays
Muse - Time Is Running Out (Paris)
Travis - Sing
Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict A Riot
Kaiser Chiefs - Everyday I Love You Less And Less
UB40 with Hunterz & The Dohl Blasters - Reasons
UB40 - Red Red Wine
Green Day - American Idiot (Berlin)
Snoop Dogg - Signs
Snoop Dogg - Who Am I (What's My Name)?
Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer
Annie Lennox - Why
Annie Lennox - Sweet Dreams

DISC 2

Destiny's Child - Survivor
Destiny's Child - Girl
Razorlight - Somewhere Else
Razorlight - Golden Touch
Bryan Adams - All For Love (Toronto)
Kanye West - Diamonds From Sierra Leone
CBC Ethiopian Famine Film
Madonna - Like A Prayer
Madonna - Ray Of Light
Madonna - Music
Will Smith - Getting' Jiggy Wit It
Will Smith - Switch
Will Smith - The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air
Brian Wilson - Good Vibrations (Berlin)
Snow Patrol - Run
Toby Keith - Stays In Mexico
The Killers - All These Things That I've Done
Dave Matthews Band - American Baby
Daniel Powter - Bad Day (Berlin)
Linkin Park - In The End
Linkin Park with Jay-Z - Numb
Joss Stone - Super Duper Love
Joss Stone - Some Kind Of Wonderful
Jars Of Clay - Show You Love
Scissor Sisters - Laura
Scissor Sisters - Take Your Mama
Alicia Keys - For All We Know
Velvet Revolver - Fall To Pieces
Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me
Jet - Are You Gonna Be My Girl? (Toronto)
Sarah McLachlan & Josh Groban - Angel
Sting - Message In A Bottle
Sting - Driven To Tears
Sting - Every Breath You Take

DISC 3

Mariah Carey - Make It Happen
Mariah Carey - Hero
Vusi Mahlasela - When You Come Back (Johannesburg)
Roxy Music - Do The Strand (Berlin)
Maroon 5 - This Love
Maroon 5 - She Will Be Loved
Neil Young - Four Strong Winds (Toronto)
Pet Shop Boys - Go West (Moscow)
Robbie Williams - We Will Rock You
Robbie Williams - Let Me Entertain You
Robbie Williams - Feel
Robbie Williams - Angels
Keith Urban - Somebody Like You
Placebo - Twenty Years (Paris)
Rob Thomas - Lonely No More
Faithless - We Come 1 (Berlin)
Stevie Wonder - Master Blaster (Jammin')
Stevie Wonder & Rob Thomas - Higher Ground
Stevie Wonder & Adam Levine - Signed Sealed Delivered
Stevie Wonder - So What The Fuss/Superstition
The Who - Who Are You?
The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again
Pink Floyd - Speak To Me
Pink Floyd - Breathe
Pink Floyd - Money
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
Paul McCartney - Get Back
Paul McCartney & George Michael - Drive My Car
Paul McCartney - Helter Skelter
Paul McCartney - The Long And Winding Road
Finale - Hey Jude

Extras (Disc 4)

Edinburgh - The Final Push
Highlights from the Murrayfield concert held on 6 July

McFly - All About You (Tokyo)
Good Charlotte - Lifestyles Of The Rich And Famous (Tokyo)
Dreams Come True - Love Love Love (Tokyo)
Bjork - All Is Full Of Love (Tokyo)
The Who - 'Who Are You?' film
Travis - 'Why Does It Always Rain On Me?' film
Ricky Gervais - Enjoy The Day
Behind The Scenes At Hyde Park
Pink Floyd rehearsal
Additional bonus international performances may be added

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #178 on: October 13, 2005, 02:23:25 PM »

What does it mean when they say single disc sets will be avalible for the Toronto concert and others..Does that mean a seperate DVD will be sold with the Barrie/Toronto concert on it?

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #179 on: October 14, 2005, 12:55:11 AM »

What does it mean when they say single disc sets will be avalible for the Toronto concert and others..Does that mean a seperate DVD will be sold with the Barrie/Toronto concert on it?

I may be wrong but I think so, they will sell those other shows separately. They didnt include any big rock acts from Barrie like Motley Crue or Deep Purple so I sure hope they do.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: