Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 04:24:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227866 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Libertines/(Baby Shambles)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Libertines/(Baby Shambles)  (Read 26243 times)
Aava
Everything changes
VIP

If you wanna do it, baby, you can do it right

« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2006, 04:13:28 AM »

I'm not sure who Purple is but, if he's the guy in the blue bandana, yes yes he was.

General was also Smiley he was playing pool before the show.

Reggaae is fine, but they should seriously fuck off all this rapping bollocks..
I?m sure you liked it though..  Wink

Yeah it was awesome, the new single sounded fantastic.  The other new songs were.. unrehearsed as pete put it.

And the new guitarist is rather.. angry looking.

Yes, Mik. I?d like too see Pat coming back. Mik is a drug user, so he's not a good influence on Pete, as Pete?s trying/ordered (once again) to get rid of the drugs.

I love Beg Steal And Borrow, Sedative is great too.

Is anyone going to Get Loaded?

We're on the one road
Maybe the wrong road
It's the road to fuck knows where
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2006, 07:48:45 AM »

What Pete needs is a good stint behind bars or a good pasting. How anyone gets caught breaking the law as much as he does without doing proper time is totally beyond me. I hope im not the only one sick of seeing him in the paper day in day out for doing virtually fuck all.

The Libertines were great, Babyshambles is well.... a shambles. He's obviously got talent (or he did have) so whys he being a media whore and an idiot with that waste of space Kate Moss. If you want credibility Pete sort your life out.

From the Dirty Pretty Things it seems obvious wo had the real talent in the Libertines - its all a matter of getting out there and doing it and not trying to be some mysterious poet or the reincarnation of Oscar Wilde's ghost mumbling foppish nonsense to those who think its cool to be a crackhead.

Sort it out Pete before it sorts you out or there'll be another talent flushed down the drain.

Love Up the Bracket though - on the whole a stunning album by yet another band who destructed due to one man's idiotic behaviour.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Aava
Everything changes
VIP

« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2006, 11:15:16 AM »

Good post above. I agree with most parts.

Obviously Get Loaded went well.

Drew (bass player) wrote this to libertines.org:

"allo allo!

Wagoan peeps just got back to my girl?s flat (she has t?internet) and am reading this thread? thanks alot we?re made up about tonight. we ain?t played together since dirty south so Ad & I were wary bout fuckin headlining a festival without even rehearsing. Peter arrived an hour before we went on and man he was completely straight. amazing. the few times i?ve been with him like that it just compounds what i always suspect- that under all the clouds there lurks a beautiful, deeply intelligent, intensely compassionate and warm soul. Adam Mick and i were grinning like we?d just swallowed a chocolate cake. Lilly Allen bowled in and made us laugh till we went onstage in sky high(but sober!) spirits. The gig for us was perfect...in terms of ?tightness? it felt like we?d been on tour for weeks. and what about the pyro technics?!?! at a Shambles gig? didn?t know that was coming and was doing harmonies when the 1st one happened i musta yelped down the mike? anyway I?m ranting suppose i just wanted to say we?re really happy...thanks anyone who came along and love eternal from the babadingle boys. a spot of kip for me i think...see you soon i hope ...here?s to hope eternal and that fickle mistress Perseverance. Summer 2006 for us at least can now rest in peace, not in pieces.

Thank you

Your?s exausted but relieved

Drew"

We're on the one road
Maybe the wrong road
Aava
Everything changes
VIP

« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2006, 08:34:09 AM »

Babyshambles European and new UK tour dates:

OCTOBER

19 ITALY FLORENCE AUDITORIUM
20 ITALY MILAN RAINBOW
21 ITALY RIMINI VELVET ROCK CLUB
22 ITALY TORINI HIROSHIMA MON AMOUR
23 ITALY ROME PIPER CLUB
29 GERMANY MANNHEIM ALTE FEUERWACHE
30 GERMANY COLOGNE STOLLWERCK
31 GERMANY HAMBURG MARKTHALLE

NOVEMBER

1 GERMANY BERLIN POSTBAHNOF
5 NORWAY OSLO ROCKAFELLA
6 SWEDEN STOCKHOLM BERNS
7 SWEDEN MALMO KB
8 DENMARK ARHUS TRAIN
13 FRANCE PARIS ELSEE-MONTMARTRE
14 FRANCE LA RAMIER LE MANGE-DISQUE
26 RUSSIA MOSCOW B2 CLUB

DECEMBER

4 Newcastle - Academy
5 Liverpool - Academy
6 Bristol - Academy
7 London - Apollo
8 Lincoln - Engine
9 Inverness - Ironworks
10 Glasgow - Academy
11 Middles borough - Town Hall
12 Manchester - Academy
13 Nottingham - Rock city

www.babyshambles .net

They?re skipping Finland! Sweden, Norway and Russia, but no Finland, unfair!  rant

We're on the one road
Maybe the wrong road
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2008, 07:21:15 PM »

Who here likes Babyshambles??

I sure do! Just seen them live last week and what a great gig indeed... I was all sceptical about Pete you know... him being in every tabloid about his drug addiction and stuff like that... but he delivered a really awesome show! I simply loved it. And he sure seems a lot healthier now.  Smiley

Anyone going to see them in the current european tour? If you like the Libertines... you really should go...

Check the dates here: www.myspace.com/babyshambles

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Aava
Everything changes
VIP

« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2008, 05:37:09 PM »

I definitely like Libertines more. But the new Babyshambles album was surprisingly good. It was way better than I expected.

We're on the one road
Maybe the wrong road
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2008, 03:17:48 PM »

I definitely like Libertines more. But the new Babyshambles album was surprisingly good. It was way better than I expected.

Yeah... it?s way better than the first. I love almost all songs... but Delivery and You Talk are just perfect.  ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: