Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:53:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227869 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses vs U2 in the grand scheme of things.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses vs U2 in the grand scheme of things.  (Read 28772 times)
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2006, 01:48:11 PM »

u2 has no talent..? case closed.? ?Roll Eyes

I'm no U2 fan either, but your posts are just fucking worthless.

you know whats worthless...even more worthless than u2..? your mothers blowjobs... smoking

Way to prove my point...

oh you`ve had them too..? thats nasty.... hihi

Live N' Let Die
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2006, 08:37:42 AM »

hey bono, seems that your thread went down really bad. you're the only one defending u2 and the others bash them saying they make crap music. so much for an intelligent discussion no

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2006, 08:15:46 PM »

hey bono, seems that your thread went down really bad. you're the only one defending u2 and the others bash them saying they make crap music. so much for an intelligent discussion no

No ones bashing. You just generalize because you like U2 and you aren't "winning."

Who is more remembered in the grand scheme of things isn't important at all. It's cool sure, but who cares? Doesn't mean one band is better than the other.

Im not bashing the idea of the thread, cause I get it... but at the same time.. why? Its like.. U2 vs. The Beatles.. whos gonna be remembered more?! I just don't see the point.

gnrevolution.com
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2006, 01:58:25 AM »

i never said i like u2. and it's not about winning.
i just think that it could've been a nice discussion. but if u look one post above mine u'll see what i mean. u2 sucks and u2 have no talent, u2 are worthless. so much for intelligent arguments.
oh and i think the fact that they're still together after so many years and people still come to their shows means they make crap music.
don't get me wrong. i like gnr a lot more than u2 and if you go to the first or second page u'll see that.  ok

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2006, 07:48:21 AM »

I've been a GNR fan since I was 6 years old, and I've been a U2 fan since I was 17.  haha... I never used to like U2.  When you look at it in the grand scheme of things, Bono is such a humanist.  What a great guy!  He does all these things for starving kids in Africa.  Meanwhile, Axl hasn't done a hell of a lot of good for the world, drawing no attention to social and world issues, especially over the past 10 years.  The similarity is, I guess that we all know where Axl and Bono are, whenever they go anywhere.  Also, U2 is tight; The Edge and Bono will never split.  GNR on the other hand?  psssh... U2 has had hit after hit after hit since they've been around.  GNR?  A few in the late 80s early 90s.  I'll probably always like GNR's music more, but I think that U2 may be the better band, especially on a global level.  Of course, things may change when GNR releases more material and Axl starts touring again.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2006, 12:06:38 AM »

Besides, those starving kids are still gonna die... Cry

OMG I cant believe I?m reading this! So, if they?re going to die anyway, there?s no point in helping them right?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2006, 12:12:30 AM »

It's nice and everything, but come on, let's be realistic (notice i put the cry smiley next to that)
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #107 on: March 18, 2006, 01:22:33 AM »

Besides, those starving kids are still gonna die... Cry

OMG I cant believe I?m reading this! So, if they?re going to die anyway, there?s no point in helping them right?

Peter Griffin: "Man this is almost as bad as the time I got stranded on that island with Bono!"

"Eye, Peter its for the starvin' kids"
  hihi

gnrevolution.com
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #108 on: March 18, 2006, 01:53:57 AM »

Maybe Axl DOES do good things, but isn't a publicity whore like Bono.? Besides, those starving kids are still gonna die... Cry

Wow dude... they are, but they wouldn't if everyone was like Bono!  peace

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #109 on: March 18, 2006, 02:49:30 AM »

I feel U2 peaked with Joshua Tree/Achtung baby - yes they are still popular, still sell out shows, but musically they aren't doing anything amazing - its kinda paint by numbers at this point.

Guns will ALWAYS be big b/c they had that element of danger, a bad boy front man, a dirt bag looking but extremely talented guitarist and were the last big band to personify sex drugs and rock n' roll.

I think they'll both be rememberd equally, but just in different conversations.  You can't compare the two...one is thinking man/emotional rock the other one is the most dangerous band in the world.

I don't really think of U2 as a kick ass rock band - but they do create some beautiful songs.  I think if todays rock was actually good, U2 wouldn't be nearly as popular, the sad thing is there is just nothing else to listen too besides the big bands from the 80s/early 90s who are still recording/touring.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Bono
« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2006, 07:06:21 PM »

Maybe Axl DOES do good things, but isn't a publicity whore like Bono.? Besides, those starving kids are still gonna die... Cry

Bono aknowledges the fact that he's a publicity whore. He makes no bones about it because he knows he has a platform to draw attention to this. It's funny how so many people seem to think that helping behind closed doors is better than helping in the public eye. Sure maybe Axl does help out but what impact has he had? on you or me in terms of influenceing or inspireing us to help out? Absoluetly ZERO. Bono on the other hand has in fact inspired millions of people to join his cause and help fight the injustice of thousands of African kids dying every day because of dirty water or mosquito bites or AIDS or what have you. You do realies that the death toll equivalent to 9/11 is happening every day in Africa.

And saying that those kids are gonna die anyways is such a terrible attitude. Yes they're gonna die if we don't help them but if we do they won't. Or at least future children won't.? Here's a quote from Bono:

"I know I can't save the world, but we can alright."?

Something to think about. Wink
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 07:09:19 PM by Bono » Logged
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2006, 01:47:18 AM »

Hell, we can give them all the food and water we want, but as long as it doesn't rain there and they don't have their own reliable food source to count on, THEY"RE GONNA DIE.? Not everything comes up roses in this world, I know it you know it.? We can't sugarcoat everything.? So and so is helping, big deal.? Heck yeah its nice, I do my part too, but unless Africans get some good luck on their side, they're going to keep dying.?

Of course, being helped by everyone else in the world, isn't good luck....  Roll Eyes

It's funny though, I eat a lot of foods that aren't grown locally... does that mean that me, and everyone else around me are going to die because we don't produce our own food... no, it's because of global cooperation that I get my oranges, bananas, chickens, and Vanilla Coke.  I don't have to survive solely on fish and potatoes....

Megaguns
« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2006, 02:00:14 AM »

I think U2 have got their own thing going on.... Completely different to GnR, Anyone who has seen them live here will agree that they can really connect with a crowd better than most other bands. That concert was almost life changing... When i left, something just made me want to be a better person, I dont know.... its so hard to explain... Thats U2 i guess.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2006, 02:10:11 AM »

Backslash, you PURCHASE those foods.  And Megaguns, good for you that U2 made you want to be a better person. beer
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2006, 11:17:50 AM »

Garry, Africans will keep dying young as long as they are living in poverty, but with charity work INDIVIDUALS survive.  You're talking about the people there as if they don't matter.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2006, 12:39:37 PM »

Of course they matter Danny.  I'm just saying that unless it rains there, the MASSES will keep on dying.  They've had droughts for years now.  Sure, it's nice that maybe a few people survive in a village, but what about all their unlucky friends and family members whose bodies are lying there with flies and maggots buzzing around?  Besides, the point was that Axl perhaps helps out anonymously, we can't just assume that cuz he starts riots he's not generous.  What about the regular folks who chip in, I'm sure they don't gloat and glee about it.
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2006, 01:16:55 PM »

Yeah and I guess spendig 40 grand a week in a spa in France is a great way to help....he?s a fuckin oportunist and a F A  K  E  yes

Live N' Let Die
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #117 on: March 19, 2006, 02:18:53 PM »

Axl or Bono?
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #118 on: March 19, 2006, 04:10:24 PM »

tree feeding bono..

Axl rules peace