Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:14:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227867 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses vs U2 in the grand scheme of things.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses vs U2 in the grand scheme of things.  (Read 28771 times)
Bono
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2006, 07:04:05 PM »

Sorry Garry but you're sooooo wrong. The problems in Africa aren't based soley on a lack of water or rain.  Water is an issue yes but it's only one of many. Plus with charity and help from other nations we can help them produce their own clean water. They can produce their own water through wells but they need the money and the education on how to do it. You act as if we'd have to ship them bottles of water. You attitude sucks on this issue if I'm being honest. You come off as if you think turning a blind eye is the answer.  Garry do a little bit of research on this and you'll see. I don't think you're saying this stuff to be an ass but I do think you're seriously misinformed. I can send you some links to some websites if you're interested in reading up on some of it. Let me know. Wink

SOLGER you on the other hand are a lowlife with nothing to add but juvenile insults which are based on nothing more than you're complete and utter iggnorance.
Bono
« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2006, 07:08:31 PM »

I think U2 have got their own thing going on.... Completely different to GnR, Anyone who has seen them live here will agree that they can really connect with a crowd better than most other bands. That concert was almost life changing... When i left, something just made me want to be a better person, I dont know.... its so hard to explain... Thats U2 i guess.

That's a great point Megaguns. You're right about U2 haveing their own thing going on. Guns N' Roses live are amazing and when you leave the show you just feel like rocking, it kicks ass.  U2 on the other hand  is purely uplifting and inspireing. I don't disagree with anyone who says you can't really compare the bands as far as musical styleings go. It just doesn't work. It is like apples and oranges but the comparison is almost inevitable because they are the two biggest bands of the last 20 years. Both rock but in completely different ways.
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2006, 07:47:55 PM »

Im a lowlife..?? hahaha...you wish you had done half the things Ive done...poor bastard bet you never left your own country.

Have nothing to say about bono spending 40 grand a week in a spa? huh? thought so!

Live N' Let Die
Bono
« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2006, 08:07:26 PM »

Im a lowlife..?? hahaha...you wish you had done half the things Ive done...poor bastard bet you never left your own country.

Have nothing to say about bono spending 40 grand a week in a spa? huh? thought so!

No I don't have anything to say because it's irrelevant and pretty much a  stupid comment. And don't get me started on the things I've done. I dont' wish to be anything like you. And by the way I've been more places than you know. So stop with your lame ass assumptions because all you've accomplished is you've furtherd my point that you've got nothing other than childish banter intended to draw attention to yourself. I know your deepest desire is for me to respond to everything you say but this will be the last response or aknowledgement you'll ever get from me because all you're trying to do is spam the thread with your bullshit. Piss off now,  you're not worth the effort.
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2006, 08:11:30 PM »

case closed....u2 fan is a  puss....

OWNED!

Live N' Let Die
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2006, 09:15:12 PM »

And you guys, SOLGER and Bono need to simmer down, you've been going at it in different threads now.  We can discuss things in an intelligent matter without belittling one another.
Bono
« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2006, 09:22:04 PM »

Bono, how can they make their own water if they don't have any to begin with?? It's like money, you have to have some to make some.? The problem is that warlords control everything there.? You have to be with the killer squad to have a slice of bread to eat.? After all the aid, Bono, when there is nothing left, THEN what do they do?? That's why we have to help them control their own destiny, because you never know, one day there will be help, the other day there won't be.? But luck plays a big part in this too.

Luck is bullshit.  If were to take the attitude that them's the breaks for those living in Africa than we all suck as people. "Where you live should not decide whether you live or whether you die" We put a man on the moon so I'm pretty sure we can help poverty stricken nations.  It's not a matter of luck or resources it's simply a matter of doing it which sadly the develped nations of the world have not done yet. That's all.
Bono
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2006, 09:39:53 PM »

Ahhhh, how can I say this.? It's like no matter how I say it, you take it the wrong way.? Ya know what, fuck it...maybe its not meant to be.? Help is all we do, and after all this help nothing good comes out of it, well....what more can you do (and no I'm not trying to come off as an ass)

Lemme guess, your next post-? We HAVE to help.? Help this, help that.? We're not doing enough.....

Let's send em all to the moon then... Roll Eyes

Dude I know you're not trying to be an ass I just don't think you know what you're talking about. If you don't think any of the work Bono has done has made a difference than you're more in the dark than you think. Do you not think that Live Aid made a huge difference? It did but it's only the begining.  Your attitdude is "why bother?"  You're quitting before you're even starting.

And yes I realies that Live Aid was not a Bono only project. far from it.
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2006, 09:41:10 PM »

Bono, how can they make their own water if they don't have any to begin with?? It's like money, you have to have some to make some.? The problem is that warlords control everything there.? You have to be with the killer squad to have a slice of bread to eat.? After all the aid, Bono, when there is nothing left, THEN what do they do?? That's why we have to help them control their own destiny, because you never know, one day there will be help, the other day there won't be.? But luck plays a big part in this too.

Luck is bullshit.? If were to take the attitude that them's the breaks for those living in Africa than we all suck as people. "Where you live should not decide whether you live or whether you die" We put a man on the moon so I'm pretty sure we can help poverty stricken nations.? It's not a matter of luck or resources it's simply a matter of doing it which sadly the develped nations of the world have not done yet. That's all.

Canada didnt put a man on the moon...and neither dide Ireland... Roll Eyes

Live N' Let Die
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #129 on: March 19, 2006, 09:42:16 PM »

Again, I can't get through to you. ?Dude, I'm not pulling things out of my ass and I'm certainly not in the dark about anything. ?Nixon and Jack we're right, just crucify this guy already.
Bono
« Reply #130 on: March 19, 2006, 09:47:38 PM »

Again, I can't get through to you. ?Dude, I'm not pulling things out of my ass and I'm certainly not in the dark about anything. ?Nixon and Jack we're right, just crucify this guy already.

Alright, we'll agree to disagree.  ok
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #131 on: March 19, 2006, 09:50:31 PM »

I'll drink to that!  beer
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #132 on: March 19, 2006, 11:50:44 PM »

Haven't read the whole thread, but I have to lean towards Garry on this one.  Throwing money at a problem isn't going to solve it, its just a band aid.  So while raising awareness is great and raising money is wonderful its not going to fix anything in the long run.  Plus you never know who gets that money, what they do with it, how much of it is actually used for the actual purpose it was raised etc......look at the red cross relief for Somalia back in the early 90s.
Until the political environment in most african nations becomes up to speed with the rest of the world all those problems are never going to stop. 

On a side note, I don't think rockstars should be the ones getting involved in politics - sometimes Bono's rants supercede the music.  I guess some U2 fans really dig that, but to me who is a casual fan its just kinda annoying. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #133 on: March 20, 2006, 01:02:37 AM »

All that money goes to his 40 grand a week spa in France, that little old man bono goes to..what a thief no

Live N' Let Die
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #134 on: March 20, 2006, 01:03:22 AM »

case closed....u2 fan is a? puss....

OWNED!

Keep it up and you'll find yourself BANNED.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2006, 11:43:54 AM »

I think U2 have got their own thing going on.... Completely different to GnR, Anyone who has seen them live here will agree that they can really connect with a crowd better than most other bands. That concert was almost life changing... When i left, something just made me want to be a better person, I dont know.... its so hard to explain... Thats U2 i guess.

That?s exactly what happens on a Springsteen concert, you just can?t explain

SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2006, 02:04:55 PM »

Know what jarmo....? do it. Its your home anyways, but I?ll let my self out, you being another u2 lover just makes this site not interesting anymore.

Wink

SEE YA PUSSSSSIES!!!!

Live N' Let Die
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2006, 02:10:14 PM »

Know what jarmo....? do it. Its your home anyways, but I?ll let my self out, you being another u2 lover just makes this site not interesting anymore.

Wink

SEE YA PUSSSSSIES!!!!

Wow... anyone pee in his Corn Flakes this morning?

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: