Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:46:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227869 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Down
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Down  (Read 25373 times)
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2006, 06:12:45 AM »

I hope they tour USA ...PLEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!! crying

If the world would end today... Wink
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2006, 11:10:13 AM »

Izzy,

Got my tickets through today. They are supplied by www.alltickets.com

Or, i would suggest ringing the venue, you wanna go too! ok

Thanks, i'll be looking into it

I thought both Down and Superjoint albums were truly awful, but the chance to see Mr Anselmo - its worth enduring a Down set to experience

« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 10:36:00 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2006, 05:44:58 AM »

I love him! love

The Down and Superjoint albums are so far away from Pantera its not even funny, however, what would be the point in having side projects playing exactly the same as your main band?

I dont like them as much as Pantera but i can certainly listen to it and enjoy them on there own level.

And to see Phil live? Well, cant get much better!

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2006, 10:37:28 AM »

The Down and Superjoint albums are so far away from Pantera its not even funny,

Certainly in terms of quality, the riffs on the first Down album sound like the kind of stuff a guy learning the guitar would come up with - then u see Anselmo is credited as playing guitar on the album, case closed.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2006, 01:13:20 PM »

2 hours and i get to spend an evening with Down.
Get the fuck in! smoking
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2006, 04:24:03 PM »

2 hours and i get to spend an evening with Down.
Get the fuck in! smoking
Rex and Phil should be there - have a good 'un

Quick! To the bandwagon!
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2006, 07:08:12 AM »

Last night was the pinnacle of my gig watching career. Fucking A!

I arrived at Rock City to see a queue of about 100 people waiting in line to get tickets from the box office, i carried on walking and there was about 200 people queuing to get in. This was at 7:30pm.

Anyways, got into City at about 7:45pm and met my friend Eric who plays in Ape Of Death, a local band on the Nottingham Metal scene(www.myspace.com/apeofdeath).

I purchased myself a pint of Worthingtons creamflow and proceeded to hit the main area where the support act was just starting up.
Not an ordinary support act though. A collection of Stoner/Metal videos from the past. Metallica, Cro-Mags, Lynryrd Skyrnyrd, Queen, Kiss, Sabbath. All of these interjected with Down home video footage. Most of which with Kirk making a fool of himself. The best bit was when they had Ozzy's band in the hotel with the Down boys and they were throwing chairs out the hotel window into a river below, Mr Zakk Wylde then picked up the biggest plant pot and rubber plant you have seen. Unfortunately, he didnt throw it out the window.

Then at 9pm, it started to happen, the big screen showed the picture of Pepper, you all know the one, spliff in Mouth, in fact, its the same picture as the tour posted i linked to in the very first post.
The band then came out behind the screen and started jamming, no Phil yet, but the excitement and anticipation from the audience was amazing.
Then there he was, my vocalistic idol, on a stage, in Nottingham before my eyes. It seemed that i was not the only one with these views, the crowd went fucking ballistic!

On with the show then, and boy was it one hell of a show. The band themselves were so tight, so very tight, i havent heard a live sound like that for some time, everything was spot on, and Phils vocals? Fuck me, talk about Pipes, the guy can still do it. Whats more, he was enjoying every minute, laughing and joking with the band and the crowd, talking to the crowd as well. In times gone past he would of been talking AT the crowd, those days appear to have gone, he was sober,  he wasn't drinking from what i could see and he looked leaner and healthier than ever.
I cant remember the exact setlist as i have a memory like a goldfish, however, personal highlights....

Lifer - Which Phil dedicated to Dime and other all fallen allies.
New Orleans is a dying whore - The audience participation made this.
Temptations Wings - Cus i love that track anyway.
Jail - Testament to Phil's vocals on this track, fucking brilliant.
Stone The Crow - As part of the first of two encores.
Hail The Leaf - Last track of the night, bout 9-10 minutes long with Kirk and Pepper jamming for about 4 minutes and then giving their guitars to their techs to bust a few riffs.

All in all it was a truely awesome night, THE best gig i have ever witnessed and i really did not want them to stop playing.
All of the band were in good spirits, Rex didnt take the cigarette out of his mouth for the whole show, Pepper's and Kirk's guitar work was fucking awesome and Jimmy Bower on drums was spot on.
Phil's command of the crowd was something to behold as well.

The power of the riff compells me!

I urge any of you, with a passing interest in Stoner/Metal/Southern rock to go check Down out at one of their UK tour shows.
Buy, beg, or steel a ticket. Hell sleep with the bouncer at the club to get in.
Just go and see them.

Down, i salute you!

Pics to follow.......

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2006, 07:46:00 AM »

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2006, 10:03:33 AM »

So great to see Phil back in action....can't wait for Down to come to Canada!!! I missed them last time, I chose the TooL show of the Down show Cry

but i had seen Pantera like a year prior and had never seen TooL so i had to go with TooL

DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2006, 01:48:02 AM »

Thanks for the review Anselmo!!   ok

I love Down, hope they tour LA  yes

If the world would end today... Wink
FortusGNR21
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2006, 06:44:56 AM »

Any of you guys in to this band? Got both albums and they are fuckin excellent! Saw them at Download last week and they were awesome! For anybody that saw them, how wasted was Phil? At 11 in the fuckin morning!!  rofl

I get up around 7, get outta bed around 9, and I don't worry bout nothin no because worryin's a waste of my fuckin time!
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2006, 07:34:00 AM »

They fucking rule. Saw them at Rock City a couple of weeks ago as well.
Phil was pretty wasted, more stoned than anything i thought. His comment about waking up 5 minutes before the gig, taking a hit of weed and a shot of bacardi was classic.

Still performed though. Cant wait for the live DVD and the new album later in the year!

The power of the riff compells me! ;-)

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2006, 07:44:35 PM »

my friend went to see them and he said t hey were totally awesome. He also mentioned them dedicating a song to dimebag. Apparently whilst playing rex kept coming over to them because he liked them moshing lmao

html sucks
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2007, 04:05:11 PM »

DOWN ? the acclaimed New Orleans band featuring CORROSION OF CONFORMITY guitarist/vocalist Pepper Keenan, drummer Jimmy Bower (EYEHATEGOD, SUPERJOINT RITUAL guitarist), bassist Rex Brown (ex-PANTERA), guitarist Kirk Windstein (CROWBAR), and vocalist Philip Anselmo (SUPERJOINT RITUAL, ex-PANTERA) ? has confirmed rumors that it will tour North America in March as the opening act for HEAVEN AND HELL and MOT?RHEAD. DOWN will play a total of 10 shows as part of the package and will also perform four headlining gigs on the East Coast.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2007, 05:16:53 PM »

God damn thats a hell of a show. I read about this a few days ago before they confirmed it. Damn. I hope one of the four headline gigs is in NJ or NY. Motorhead will kill all ass and Heaven and Hell works for me.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2007, 03:04:50 PM »

Down truly rock the fuck out man!  Saw their 'secret' Download appearance and they were one of the best bands there.  Brilliant.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2007, 06:42:18 PM »

DOWN Guitarist PEPPER KEENAN: 'We're Real Focused On Being Timeless' - Jan. 15, 2007
DOWN ? the acclaimed New Orleans band featuring CORROSION OF CONFORMITY guitarist/vocalist Pepper Keenan, drummer Jimmy Bower (EYEHATEGOD, SUPERJOINT RITUAL guitarist), bassist Rex Brown (ex-PANTERA), guitarist Kirk Windstein (CROWBAR), and vocalist Philip Anselmo (SUPERJOINT RITUAL, ex-PANTERA) ? is currently working on the material for its third album, tentatively due later in the year. "We're doing this one the way we did our first album, when we were 19 or 20 years old," Keenan explained to Revolver magazine (web site). "So we're jamming in a room, recording on a jam box, and then throwing them on the ProTools rig and building things from there."

According to Pepper, fans should not expect to hear nu-metal or anything trendy from the forthcoming CD. "You will never hear that type of shit from us," he explained. "We're real focused on being timeless."

DOWN's new album will be the first since Anselmo underwent back surgery in November 2005. "Me and Kirk drink a little bit here and there, but Phil, Rex Brown and Jimmy are completely sober," said Keenan. "I'm running every day. Everyone's exercising. Phil had that back surgery, so he's doing a lot of core strengthening in and around his spine, and he's doing great."

DOWN will tour North America in March as the opening act for HEAVEN AND HELL and (possibly) MOT?RHEAD. DOWN will play a total of 10 shows as part of the package and will also perform four headlining gigs on the East Coast.

DOWN's sophomore album, "Down II", was released in March 2002 on Elektra Records. The band headlined the second stage at the 2002 Ozzfest.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2007, 12:31:17 PM »

DOWN: Dates For HEAVEN AND HELL Tour Confirmed - Jan. 17, 2007
According to its official MySpace page, DOWN ? the acclaimed New Orleans band featuring CORROSION OF CONFORMITY guitarist/vocalist Pepper Keenan, drummer Jimmy Bower (EYEHATEGOD, SUPERJOINT RITUAL guitarist), bassist Rex Brown (ex-PANTERA), guitarist Kirk Windstein (CROWBAR), and vocalist Philip Anselmo (SUPERJOINT RITUAL, ex-PANTERA) ? will support HEAVEN AND HELL on the following dates:

Mar. 11 - Vancouver, BC - Pacific Coliseum
Mar. 13 - Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
Mar. 14 - Calgary, AB - Saddledome
Mar. 16 - Regina, SK - Brandt Centre
Mar. 18 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
Mar. 20 - Sault St. Marie, ON - Steelback Centre
Mar. 22 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
Mar. 24 - London, ON - John Labatt Centre
Mar. 26 - Montreal, PQ - Bell Centre
Mar. 27 - Quebec City, PQ - Colisee Pepsi Arena
Mar. 28 - Ottawa, ON - Civic Centre

DOWN is also expected to play four headlining gigs on the East Coast.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2007, 05:07:08 AM »

DOWN: Dates For HEAVEN AND HELL Tour Confirmed - Jan. 17, 2007
According to its official MySpace page, DOWN ? the acclaimed New Orleans band featuring CORROSION OF CONFORMITY guitarist/vocalist Pepper Keenan, drummer Jimmy Bower (EYEHATEGOD, SUPERJOINT RITUAL guitarist), bassist Rex Brown (ex-PANTERA), guitarist Kirk Windstein (CROWBAR), and vocalist Philip Anselmo (SUPERJOINT RITUAL, ex-PANTERA) ? will support HEAVEN AND HELL on the following dates:

Mar. 11 - Vancouver, BC - Pacific Coliseum
Mar. 13 - Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
Mar. 14 - Calgary, AB - Saddledome
Mar. 16 - Regina, SK - Brandt Centre
Mar. 18 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
Mar. 20 - Sault St. Marie, ON - Steelback Centre
Mar. 22 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
Mar. 24 - London, ON - John Labatt Centre
Mar. 26 - Montreal, PQ - Bell Centre
Mar. 27 - Quebec City, PQ - Colisee Pepsi Arena
Mar. 28 - Ottawa, ON - Civic Centre

DOWN is also expected to play four headlining gigs on the East Coast.

I'll be in Toronto for that one.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2007, 03:56:32 PM »

DOWN guitarist Pepper Keenan recently spoke to Chris Harris of MTV.com about the making of the New Orleans group's third full-length album, tentatively titled "Down III". Producer Warren Riker (CROWBAR, SUBLIME) has already signed on to helm the effort, for which the band has composed 18 tracks so far.

"[Frontman] Phil's [Anselmo, ex-PANTERA] really good at [lyrics]," Keenan said. "Several songs address [Hurricane] Katrina's aftermath and how life changes on you, man. We've got a lot of ammunition for this one, I'll put it that way ? a lot of things have not necessarily gone right for everybody these last couple of years. Everybody's just trying to stay positive. We're not writing Christian songs. These are still angry, frustrated songs."

One new track addresses the death of Anselmo's former PANTERA cohort, "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott, who was gunned down in 2004 while performing with DAMAGEPLAN in Columbus, Ohio. The guitarist was shot five times at point-blank range and died onstage.

"[Phil]'s got a lot of demons he needs to get off his chest," said Keenan. "This is gonna be a hard record for us to make because there's just a lot of emotional things going on. I think we'll all be better after we get this thing done. But Phil's got one beautiful song about Dime that really surprised me. When I heard it, I was pretty watery-eyed. Those [PANTERA days] were beautiful days for him. The whole song is pretty intense, and it's actually a heavy song. That's the wild thing about it ? it's not a ballad or anything."

DOWN plans to begin recording the album February 15. They'll take about a month off, first to tour Canada with HEAVEN AND HELL, then to play four headlining gigs between March 30 (Worcester, Massachusetts) and April 2 (Washington, D.C.).

After the tour wraps, DOWN will return to the studio to track the remainder of "Down III", which the guitarist said could be out by summer's end. "Once we get in the studio, we shouldn't be more than six, seven weeks," he said. "We've already spent all the time [writing it] ? we're just getting ready to bang the sh-- out."

Read the entire interview at MTV.com.

That Dime songs sounds like it could be an amazing tune. DOWN III is going to rip shit up.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: