Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 04:58:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227866 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Down
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Down  (Read 25371 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2007, 04:34:36 PM »

DOWN guitarist Pepper Keenan recently spoke to Chris Harris of MTV.com about the making of the New Orleans group's third full-length album, tentatively titled "Down III". Producer Warren Riker (CROWBAR, SUBLIME) has already signed on to helm the effort, for which the band has composed 18 tracks so far.

"[Frontman] Phil's [Anselmo, ex-PANTERA] really good at [lyrics]," Keenan said. "Several songs address [Hurricane] Katrina's aftermath and how life changes on you, man. We've got a lot of ammunition for this one, I'll put it that way ? a lot of things have not necessarily gone right for everybody these last couple of years. Everybody's just trying to stay positive. We're not writing Christian songs. These are still angry, frustrated songs."

One new track addresses the death of Anselmo's former PANTERA cohort, "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott, who was gunned down in 2004 while performing with DAMAGEPLAN in Columbus, Ohio. The guitarist was shot five times at point-blank range and died onstage.

"[Phil]'s got a lot of demons he needs to get off his chest," said Keenan. "This is gonna be a hard record for us to make because there's just a lot of emotional things going on. I think we'll all be better after we get this thing done. But Phil's got one beautiful song about Dime that really surprised me. When I heard it, I was pretty watery-eyed. Those [PANTERA days] were beautiful days for him. The whole song is pretty intense, and it's actually a heavy song. That's the wild thing about it ? it's not a ballad or anything."

DOWN plans to begin recording the album February 15. They'll take about a month off, first to tour Canada with HEAVEN AND HELL, then to play four headlining gigs between March 30 (Worcester, Massachusetts) and April 2 (Washington, D.C.).

After the tour wraps, DOWN will return to the studio to track the remainder of "Down III", which the guitarist said could be out by summer's end. "Once we get in the studio, we shouldn't be more than six, seven weeks," he said. "We've already spent all the time [writing it] ? we're just getting ready to bang the sh-- out."

Read the entire interview at MTV.com.

That Dime songs sounds like it could be an amazing tune. DOWN III is going to rip shit up.

sounds good...

I didnt like the last two offerings - all kinda sounded the same, Phil's vocals were very weak, he can growl and keep it melodic - he can just do better than he was showing. The riffs were very flat, I know they werent going to touch Pantera, but they werent even in the same league

Let's hope this is better...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
randy marsh
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2007, 05:15:25 AM »

I gotta tell you.. Down @ Tampere, Finland 2006 was one of the finest events I've been to.. It was so cool that they didn't have any opening acts, they showed a 1 h long video including some pretty legendary music videos from kiss,led  zeppelin, metallica etcetc and it also included some footage of the band drinking n shit.. before down opened their set they only played led zeppelin on back it was so cool that they like dedicated the show to them.. the show was a great performance, I was in the frontrow, it was great, fun, absolutely awesome night and the played a zeppelin cover too in the set.. dazed and confused.. i really liked the show it was like unique. if you like down I strongly recommend to go see them live  Wink ok

I wanted the best.. well they didn't fuckin' make it.. so here's what I get:

-----
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2007, 02:29:58 AM »

As I stated in the Sabbath thread, I have my tickets for the Toronto show. Down is the reason I bought the tickets to begin with. I have no interest in seeing any of the other two bands live. They have some great tunes, but ususally it wouldn't be something I'd pay to see.
Down is going to be fucking great, I know that much. Phil is one of the original "Kings Of Metal"
I'll be the mother fucker wearing my Charlie Don't Surf tshirt smoking

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
sandman
Legend

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2007, 01:58:31 PM »

I gotta tell you.. Down @ Tampere, Finland 2006 was one of the finest events I've been to.. It was so cool that they didn't have any opening acts, they showed a 1 h long video including some pretty legendary music videos from kiss,led? zeppelin, metallica etcetc and it also included some footage of the band drinking n shit.. before down opened their set they only played led zeppelin on back it was so cool that they like dedicated the show to them.. the show was a great performance, I was in the frontrow, it was great, fun, absolutely awesome night and the played a zeppelin cover too in the set.. dazed and confused.. i really liked the show it was like unique. if you like down I strongly recommend to go see them live? Wink ok

that sounds incredible! thanks for the review.

i got my tickets for the philly show today. i'd love to hear them cover some zeppelin!

i saw them in 2002 and it rocked, but i remember i had a job interview the next day so i couldn't totally enjoy myself. this date (april 1) is perfect - i took off the next day cause i'm going to the phillies home opener. perfect 3-day weekend!

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2007, 02:24:02 PM »

I'll be getting tickets for either Philly or NY this weekend when I find out who's comign to see mother fucking Down with me. Should be a kick ass show. I can't wait.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2007, 03:54:12 AM »

I hope once the new album is out, they do a full length headliner fucking club tour or some shit like that. That would be deadly smoking

pntra420
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2007, 04:34:42 PM »

Down is bad ass live.  Plhil, like the God he is, always puts on a killer show.  I can't wait. It's been a long time since I've seen Phil.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2007, 02:05:51 PM »

Down was the biggest surprise, as they were friggin' H-E-A-V-Y!!! Phil sounded and looked awesome and the rest of the band really smoked.

Down Setlist (45 Min.)
Lysergik Funeral Procession
Lifer
Hail The Leaf
Underneath Everything
Stone the Crow
Bury Me in Smoke

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2007, 02:13:14 PM »

Both albums are amazing Malcolm...if you liked them live def check out the studio work beer

i heard a boot of the new tune though...wasnt really too impressed..but it was a boot and my first listen so its forgiven Wink

F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2007, 01:17:30 AM »

Fuck man, it should be Down and Heaven And Hell, not Megadeth too. Thats a short set. I bet it was fucking badass though....Beer tent for me after Down smoking

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2007, 01:29:39 AM »

DOWN has been forced to cancel its scheduled appearance with HEAVEN AND HELL and MEGADETH on Wednesday, March 14 at the Saddledome in in Calgary, AB, Canada. According to a posting at Megadeth.com, Anselmo has seen several doctors and is trying to get better but not able to sing again tonight. Therefore, MEGADETH's set will be from 7:40 p.m. to 8:40 p.m. and not starting at 8:00 p.m. as previously scheduled."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2007, 05:47:57 PM »

DOWN ? the acclaimed New Orleans band featuring CORROSION OF CONFORMITY guitarist/vocalist Pepper Keenan, drummer Jimmy Bower (EYEHATEGOD, SUPERJOINT RITUAL guitarist), bassist Rex Brown (ex-PANTERA), guitarist Kirk Windstein (CROWBAR), and vocalist Philip Anselmo (SUPERJOINT RITUAL, ex-PANTERA) ? has officially set "III - Over the Under" as the title of its third album, the group's publicist has confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET. The CD is scheduled for release on September 25 through the Independent Label Group (ILG), which is composed of Warner Music Group Corp.'s Asylum Records, East West Records and Cordless Recordings. Producer Warren Riker (CROWBAR, SUBLIME) helmed the effort, for which the band composed more than 18 tracks.

R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2007, 09:39:08 AM »

Hell fucking yeah!
Apparently it was leaked on the 28th July.
For all you pirates. Cheesy

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2007, 09:34:37 PM »

DOWN ? the acclaimed New Orleans band featuring CORROSION OF CONFORMITY guitarist/vocalist Pepper Keenan, drummer Jimmy Bower (EYEHATEGOD, SUPERJOINT RITUAL guitarist), bassist Rex Brown (ex-PANTERA), guitarist Kirk Windstein (CROWBAR), and vocalist Philip Anselmo (SUPERJOINT RITUAL, ex-PANTERA) ? will embark on a North American headlining tour beginning late September. Confirmed dates so far are as follows:

Sep. 27 - Reno, NV @ Stoney's
Sep. 28 - San Francisco, CA @ The Warfield
Sep. 29 - Chico, CA @ Senator Theatre
Oct. 01 - Portland, OR @ Roseland Theater
Oct. 02 - Spokane, WA @ Big Easy
Oct. 04 - Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom
Oct. 05 - Seattle, WA @ Showbox SoDo
Oct. 06 - Boise, ID @ Big Easy Concert House
Oct. 11 - Milwaukee, WI @ Eagles Club
Oct. 14 - Tulsa, OK @ Cain's Ballroom
Oct. 27 - Worcester, MA @ The Palladium

F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2007, 06:11:25 AM »

Hopefully they come play in Toronto again. ok

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2007, 08:31:54 PM »

Here you go Fuck Fear

DOWN ? the acclaimed New Orleans band featuring CORROSION OF CONFORMITY guitarist/vocalist Pepper Keenan, drummer Jimmy Bower (EYEHATEGOD, SUPERJOINT RITUAL guitarist), bassist Rex Brown (ex-PANTERA), guitarist Kirk Windstein (CROWBAR), and vocalist Philip Anselmo (SUPERJOINT RITUAL, ex-PANTERA) ? will embark on a North American headlining tour beginning late September. Confirmed dates so far are as follows:

Sep. 27 - Reno, NV @ Stoney's
Sep. 28 - San Francisco, CA @ The Warfield
Sep. 29 - Chico, CA @ Senator Theatre
Oct. 01 - Portland, OR @ Roseland Theater
Oct. 02 - Spokane, WA @ Big Easy
Oct. 04 - Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom
Oct. 05 - Seattle, WA @ Showbox SoDo
Oct. 06 - Boise, ID @ Big Easy Concert House
Oct. 08 - Denver, CO @ Ogden Theatre
Oct. 10 - Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
Oct. 11 - Milwaukee, WI @ Eagles Club
Oct. 14 - Tulsa, OK @ Cain?s Ballroom
Oct. 16 - Kansas City, MO @ Beaumont Club
Oct. 19 - Detroit, MI @ Harpo's
Oct. 20 - Cincinnati, OH @ Bogart's
Oct. 22 - Toronto, ON @ The Phoenix
Oct. 23 - Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues
Oct. 27 - Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
Nov. 11 - Orlando, FL @ Hard Rock Live
Nov. 13 - Houston, TX @ Meridian

F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2007, 06:17:47 AM »

FUCK YEAH!!!!! beer

kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2007, 10:18:02 AM »

DOWN: 'III - Over the Under' Artwork Revealed

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ElbK0RuKL._SS500_.jpg

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2007, 06:10:17 PM »

PLEASE COME TO Los Angeles!!!

If the world would end today... Wink
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2007, 06:11:54 PM »

DOWN: 'III - Over the Under' Artwork Revealed

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ElbK0RuKL._SS500_.jpg

that's a BAD ASS album cover, I love it!  To me this album, is going to be a GROUNDBREAKIN shit, fuck , i can't wait till Sept 25  drool

If the world would end today... Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: