Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 12:45:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Chickenfoot - Hagar, Satch, Chad Smith, Micheal Anthony
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chickenfoot - Hagar, Satch, Chad Smith, Micheal Anthony  (Read 28036 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« on: March 21, 2009, 03:02:02 PM »

http://www.chickenfoot.us/

2 songs are available now and I think they ROCK!!!!!!  Awesome guitar solos by Joe Satriani, and fantastic drumming by Chad Smith.  Sammy sounds awesome. 

Check it out.
GeraldFord
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 04:49:52 PM »

Cool--sounds like F.U.C.K/Balance era VH.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 10:15:41 PM »

Sounds just like Sammy era Van Halen to me. Will definitely check out the album when it's released.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 12:18:07 AM »

Sounds just like Sammy era Van Halen to me. Will definitely check out the album when it's released.

Sounds like Montrose too!   ok
GeraldFord
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 05:03:08 AM »

A lot better than that "Up for Breakfast" crap from VH's 2004 Van Hagar reunion!
overmatik
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 12:53:09 PM »

I loved! They'll rock together, and show the Van Roth camp how ridiculous Eddie and Dave have become!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 02:06:42 PM »

I loved! They'll rock together, and show the Van Roth camp how ridiculous Eddie and Dave have become!

Maybe VR and Chickenfoot should tour and let GNR and VH tour...
GeraldFord
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 05:34:08 PM »

These clips are okay but don't come close to anything VH did with Dave. The 1996 reunion songs are a lot better than this and my guess is a new VH album with DLR would be too.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 05:45:04 PM »

10-Apr-09

WORLD PREMIERE OF "CHICKENFOOT" TONIGHT!

4/10/09: Just back from LA and psyched for a big new live show tonight on Q104.3 NYC and online at www.q1043.com.

Happy tp announce I will be world premiering the brand new first official single from Chickenfoot, the new supergroup that features Sammy Hagar, Chad Smith, Joe Satriani and Michael Anthony! The song is called "Oh Yeah" and the broadcast premiere is tonight during my show! I'll also spin it in the Sirius/XM show Monday. Nicko McBrain also calls in live tonight to talk Maiden. New TMS tomorrow at 11PM ET/PT on VH1 Classic also.

http://www.eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/408403/pid/401816

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 12:34:34 PM »

Hmm.. I didn't even get an e-mail from ChickenFoot's website about this?  Sounds alright too me...

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
gunner22
Rocker

Nicko McBrain > all

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 12:53:59 PM »

Chickefoot fucking rock. I'm super excited about this, their album is gonna be fucking great.

I SAW THEM - Belo Horizonte, Brazil - March 10th 2010
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 05:58:52 PM »

fuck, this is cool shit!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
maynard
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 01:46:50 AM »

Sorry guys. Meh stuff to me. Satch's Engines of Creation is cool though. great mixing of guitar solos and electronica.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 10:27:04 PM »

30-second audio clips of all the tracks from the self-titled debut album from CHICKENFOOT ? the new rock supergroup comprised of drummer Chad Smith (RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS), bassist Michael Anthony (ex-VAN HALEN), guitarist Joe Satriani and vocalist Sammy Hagar (ex-VAN HALEN) ? are available for streaming at the web site of the Swiss multimedia shop CeDe.

As previously reported, the vinyl version of "Chickenfoot" will include a bonus track entitled "Bitten By The Wolf".

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2009, 03:15:44 AM »

30-second audio clips of all the tracks from the self-titled debut album from CHICKENFOOT ? the new rock supergroup comprised of drummer Chad Smith (RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS), bassist Michael Anthony (ex-VAN HALEN), guitarist Joe Satriani and vocalist Sammy Hagar (ex-VAN HALEN) ? are available for streaming at the web site of the Swiss multimedia shop CeDe.

As previously reported, the vinyl version of "Chickenfoot" will include a bonus track entitled "Bitten By The Wolf".

Written by Michael Anthony.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 08:02:27 AM »

Written by Michael Anthony.

bitten by wolfgang right?
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2009, 01:56:38 PM »

Anyone else pick up this record?  Its not bad.  I am a Joe Satriani guy but am most impressed by Smith's drumming.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2009, 04:18:10 PM »

I got it.  I was less than impressed at first, mostly because of Sammy's astoundingly unoriginal and cliche lyrics.  And, of course, it's always fun to take a drink every time he goes "Woo!" during a song.  Several listens in, I could care less about the lyrics.  It's a great, fun summer rock album, and it's awesome to hear Sammy and Michael together again.  Satriani brings a level of depth and texture that doesn't rely heavily on keys and tapping, which I like, and hearing Chad Smith on a straight forward rock record is fantastic.  I hope these guys keep making music together for a long time.  At this point, "Get it Up" is the only track I skip, and "My Kinda Girl" and "Learning to Fall" are the standouts for me.  Again, a great album.

And f**k Eddie for making sure none of the Sammy-era stuff is on Guitar Hero: VH and replacing Michael with Wolfgang in the game.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 04:57:09 PM by bazgnr » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2009, 04:37:48 PM »

CHICKENFOOT: 'The Tonight Show' Performance Available - June 6, 2009

CHICKENFOOT ? the new rock supergroup comprised of drummer Chad Smith (RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS), bassist Michael Anthony (ex-VAN HALEN), guitarist Joe Satriani and vocalist Sammy Hagar (ex-VAN HALEN) ? performed the song "Oh Yeah" on last night's (Friday, June 5) edition of Conan O'Brien's "The Tonight Show" on NBC. Watch the performance below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=121462

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2009, 07:19:38 PM »

Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony are interview by Artisan News Service...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USwxiYJFIWQ

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: