Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:55:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227869 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Soundgarden To Reunite
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Soundgarden To Reunite  (Read 22868 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« on: January 01, 2010, 03:19:17 AM »

It's Official: SOUNDGARDEN To Reunite - Jan. 1, 2010
Singer Chris Cornell's (SOUNDGARDEN, AUDIOSLAVE) official web site has been updated with the following message:

"The 12-year break is over and school is back in session. Sign up now. Knights of the Soundtable ride again!"

To sign up, go to www.soundgardenworld.com.

Cornell told RollingStone.com in a July 2009 interview that while he and other former members of SOUNDGARDEN have been talking, they have not been discussing a much-rumored reunion. Instead, Cornell explained, "The only thing that we have talked about is trying to put together an album of B-sides and maybe a box set with some unreleased tracks we have. This is something we first talked about 10 years ago. We all feel it's time to do that, and we have a lot of fans out there, and we have a lot of new fans discovering our music, and I think the catalog and the legacy of the band has been ignored by the record label and previous management, so we decided to get together, and start working towards putting something like that out."

Cornell told The Pulse of Radio a while back that he hoped to see a collection of SOUNDGARDEN rarities come out, but that he was not directly involved. "I've sort of left that in Kim (Thayil, guitarist)'s world, because Kim had always talked about wanting to be in charge of doing, like, a box set or a B-sides album," he said. "That was something that he had mentioned years ago, and I'm sure at some point he will want to do it, and that's I guess when it'll get done. I don't know how much actual unreleased stuff is out there, but there's definitely some SOUNDGARDEN rarities stuff that the average fan has not heard and it would be nice to put out."

SOUNDGARDEN recorded a large amount of B-sides, including cover songs and original tracks, that were mostly released on European singles and EPs. Many of them are now difficult to find.

Cornell denied to RollingStone.com that the band would reunite for a tour in 2010, but left the door open, saying, "I've always said nothing is impossible . . . I want to be open to anything, but nothing has changed in terms of our attitude toward it. It takes somebody to really stand up and say, 'We should do this, we have to go do this, let's go do this,' and so far, no one has raised their hand to do that. Still, it's not impossible."

SOUNDGARDEN broke up in 1997 after five albums, but rumors started swirling early last year about a reunion, with one source telling The Pulse of Radio directly that negotiations were underway.

Thayil, bassist Ben Shepherd and drummer Matt Cameron did stage a partial reunion at a March 2009 Tom Morello show in Seattle, playing a handful of SOUNDGARDEN songs with Tad Doyle singing.

Cornell had been touring in support of his 2008 Timbaland-produced solo album, "Scream", which has bitterly divided fans over its urban pop sound.
Burton
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 04:03:47 AM »

Great news, can't wait to see them live. One of my alltime favourite bands, Slaves and Bulldozers baby!
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 05:33:04 AM »

Amazing news Smiley

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 09:37:32 AM »

Can't be worse than Chris' last solo album...

But once again people forget what actually happened.

Soundgarden was a great band, I'm a fan, but I also remember how things were in 1996-7.

People seem more excited about the reunion than they were about the band when they actually existed. As usual....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 10:35:28 AM »

People seem more excited about the reunion than they were about the band when they actually existed. As usual....
Is it a bad thing that people are excited about it?
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 10:49:59 AM »

Some people who were merely, 5/6/7 years old at the time who are now 17/18/19 could have possibly just discovered the band might be really excited about. I was too little then to listen to them, but as I grew up I discovered who they were and really enjoy them.

I'm happy, in a 1996 sense, but about them reuniting. Sound good? hihi
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 11:54:20 AM »

great news.
Alice In Chains, Faith No More, and now Soundgarden...

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 01:25:25 PM »

It's just another example of not enjoying something when you have it and then lounging to those days when you don't have it!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 02:39:45 PM »

It's just another example of not enjoying something when you have it and then lounging to those days when you don't have it!

/jarmo

True, but I still think it's only great to see bands like Soundgarden coming back. And I agree with what cotis said earlier.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 04:34:58 PM »

/jarmo

I agree with this.  I never really liked Soundgarden back in the 90's.  In 1996 I was too pissed off that the world forgot Guns N Roses ever existed (at least in America) and those who did remember them thought they were the same as Warrant and Poison(thankfully these days this misconception has been cleard up), it was a very strange time for music.  So Soundgarden was one of the bigger bands when I was in jr. high and high school so I automatically resented them for not being GNR, as I did many 90's bands.  To this day I am still not that impressed with them..but I might check them out live if they come to the NYC area...whereas in the 90's I never would have even considered seeing them.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 08:09:30 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Chief
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 07:46:30 PM »

Very excited about this since i never got into them until after they split!!!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 04:06:45 PM »

Yes sir, I like it.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 01:53:46 PM »

one of my college teachers is a big fan from all the bands from that era, i guess that was his generation. He said he saw Chris Cornell recently on tour, n said chris only played one song off his latest solo album. N just played soundgarden tunes the rest of the night. He also said he felt Chris was on form.

html sucks
Galileo
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2010, 02:24:51 PM »

one of my college teachers is a big fan from all the bands from that era, i guess that was his generation. He said he saw Chris Cornell recently on tour, n said chris only played one song off his latest solo album. N just played soundgarden tunes the rest of the night. He also said he felt Chris was on form.

Yes, I saw Chris live on a festival in Europe in summer last year and I can also say, that Chris was in very good form.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2010, 07:03:31 PM »

I wonder how this is gonna work with Matt Cameron? Is he gonna split his time between Soundgarden and Pearl Jam? I don't see him leaving Pearl Jam.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 10:23:10 PM »

Yeah he's going to split.  PJ doesn't have that many shows this year.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 01:18:24 AM »

Yeah he's going to split.  PJ doesn't have that many shows this year.

That's good to know. I'd hate to see him leave PJ. He's a big part of that band.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 01:54:06 PM »

Here are some pretty good videos of Chris Cornell's show in LA at the Troubadour on Jan. 29th.  He did not comment on the reunion.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TenaciousLibbs#p/u/2/uCwc3h1t1jY

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 02:53:47 PM »

February 16, 2010

Lady Gaga, Green Day and Soundgarden to Headline Lollapalooza 2010

Lady Gaga, Green Day and a reunited Soundgarden are expected to headline the 2010 Lollapalooza festival in Chicago.

Although promoters do not traditionally announce the lineup until spring, multiple industry sources have told The Daily Swarm that the three headliners are locked in for the Aug 6?8 weekend event. Three more headliners are expected to be included when the complete lineup is announced.

http://www.thedailyswarm.com/swarm/lady-gaga-green-day-and-soundgarden-lollapalooza-2010/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 05:40:40 PM »

Definitely a strange headlining line-up, lol. Lady Gaga, Green Day, and Soundgarden? Hopefully they don't play one after another!

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: