Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 05:26:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227873 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Soundgarden To Reunite
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Soundgarden To Reunite  (Read 22873 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2012, 02:36:10 PM »

I'm surprised no one has commented yet. Anyone heard the new album? I'm curious what people think. I've heard 3 songs so far and can't say I'm blown away.  Undecided But I'll give it a shot and buy the whole thing I'm sure.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2012, 04:01:33 PM »

I'm surprised no one has commented yet. Anyone heard the new album? I'm curious what people think. I've heard 3 songs so far and can't say I'm blown away.  Undecided But I'll give it a shot and buy the whole thing I'm sure.

I've been wearing it out.
I'd say it's definitely worth your money. I wasn't blown away by "Live to Rise" or "Been Away Too Long", but thankfully the majority of songs are stronger on King Animal.
Strongest album I've heard in a while. It's not Louder than Love or Badmotorfinger. I'm not sure where it ranks compared to their back catalogue, but I think it sounds like a natural progression coming from Down on the Upside. Not saying it's better, but the sound of KA leans closer to DOTU than any of their other LPs.

Cornell's voice sounds great. Shepard and Cameron continue to be an underrated rhythm section.

I only find myself skipping Been Away Too Long and Halfway There. Neither are bad songs, but Halfway there just seems out of place on any Soundgarden disc to my ears.

The standout tracks for me are "Bones of Birds", "Taree" and "Black Saturday".
If you liked DOTU, I can't imagine many SG fans not liking those 3 songs especially.

The Deluxe edition has acoustic demos of a few tracks. It's worth it for the stripped down version of Black Saturday.

Picked up tickets to see them at the Orpheum in January. Actually looking forward to hearing an old band play new songs for a change.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2012, 05:34:23 PM »

I've listened to a few more tunes since I posted earlier and it's already starting to grow on me. I was really impressed with the Alice in Chains comeback album and was hoping this one wouldn't disappoint me. SG was one of my 3 or 4 favorite bands back in the 90's.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2012, 09:58:35 AM »

Yeah me too. I was pleasantly surprised with Black Gives Way to Blue. Some great songs and it still holds up well, especially the haunting title track, and When the Sun Rose Again.
Could never replace Layne, but I'm glad they made that record. Still great live, too. I personally think that of the 90's "come back" albums, King Animal and BGWTB are the only two that are worth a damn.

I think Soundgarden's North American tour tickets go on sale tomorrow to general public. I caught them twice in 2010 and they were on their A game.
Setlist was amazing, and I thought their performance was as strong as when I saw them in '96.
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2012, 04:26:55 AM »

I like the new album...pretty much picked up where they left off IMO  peace

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2012, 09:45:56 AM »

I wasn't a fan of Down On The Upside at all, but I love every second of King Animal. It's not quite as classic as the trio of Louder Than Love, Badmotorfinger and Superunknown, but it's not far off of it. Definitely one of the albums of the year. I know that they're one of the most critically acclaimed band's of their era, but as musicians they are all vastly under-rated as far as I'm concerned. They continue to impress without showing off. And it's nice to hear Chris sing on a great album again... it's been a while.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2012, 10:19:47 AM »

It took me a long time to warm up to Down on the Upside, but I dig it.
Yeah it's great to hear Cornell back where he belongs. Audioslave had their moments I guess, and the acoustic shows were great, but no substitute for Soundgarden.

Anyone else pick up tickets for the upcoming tour? I can't believe how quickly the Boston show sold out.
I'm sure the majority of tix were bought up by shit head scalpers, which drives me f'ing crazy.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2012, 10:25:28 AM »

It took me a long time to warm up to Down on the Upside, but I dig it.
Yeah it's great to hear Cornell back where he belongs. Audioslave had their moments I guess, and the acoustic shows were great, but no substitute for Soundgarden.

Anyone else pick up tickets for the upcoming tour? I can't believe how quickly the Boston show sold out.
I'm sure the majority of tix were bought up by shit head scalpers, which drives me f'ing crazy.

Yeah I got tickets for the second NYC show at the Hammerstein.  I missed out on the Irving Plaza show this past Tuesday because I had an appointment with my wedding photographer (stupid wedding stuff!). 
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2012, 04:38:20 PM »

Nice, I'd love to see them in that venue.
Caught GN'R there in '06.

Hoping they flesh out the setlist a bit as tour moves along.
Looking forward to hearing some of the new songs, but hearing "Like Suicide" and "4th of July" last tour was fucking incredible.
I'd be okay with them dropping Black Hole Sun and Spoonman to accommodate. Regardless, should be epic, and a great way to kick off 2013.
BOILER GUNZ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2013, 02:30:24 PM »

NOBLESVILLE 5.11
May Day Concert.  ok

Wish they'd played more songs and a longer set  Huh

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: