Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:30:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Posters sending viruses in pm's
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Posters sending viruses in pm's  (Read 3211 times)
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« on: February 18, 2007, 01:18:53 PM »

A virus was sent to me in a personal message from htgth that crashed my computer and cost me $75.00 to have scrubbed. I don't know who it was from because when I opened it, my system crashed. I have a pm now that Ihaven't opened because I don't know if it's the same one or another one. I'm telling this because this shouldn't happen to posters here. I didn't slam anyone and just said my opinion on the subject and he/she obviously had a problem with it and attacked my computer.  I can give a mod or jarmo my password or whatever protcol you have for situations like this, but I would like something to be done

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 01:23:48 PM »

Well, to me that seems unlikely.

Unless you click on a link in a PM, it shouldn't happen.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 01:32:40 PM »

Sounds weird, did you have any other windows open at that time?  Maybe you were had another site open.
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 01:38:30 PM »

Sounds weird, did you have any other windows open at that time?? Maybe you were had another site open.

no..

I'm not tryin to be an asshole about it, GnR is my favorite band and I like coming here, but not 75.00 bucks at a time

11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 01:42:35 PM »

sounds false to me.

any proof?

only way you can get a virus is if you click on a link or file right?

Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 01:56:44 PM »

proof? all Know is when I clicked on the pm the high alert risk popped up and I blocked it, my computer froze. I went back to the desktop and I clicked Internet explorer and nothing. I couldn't get online, I couldn't set my system back a day, I couldn't do shit.

If you think it's false then so be it, what is my point then. this is the only site I visited that morning. I got up before work to see how the show went at the Versace thing and that was it. 

11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 02:01:13 PM »

you musta had a virus before....what you are explaining is pretty much impossible (unless of course you clicked on a link inside the PM, like was already mentioned) Undecided anyway that sucks dude sorry to hear about that Sad

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2007, 02:06:49 PM »

That just sounds too unbelievable.

But if you want, you can e-mail me your password and I'll check your PMs.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2007, 02:17:40 PM »

this is the only site I visited that morning. I got up before work to see how the show went at the Versace thing and that was it.?
The virus was probably picked up on another site where you downloaded a file or clicked a link.? The virus is dormant at first and is activated when you restart your computer and go online ... which in this case just happened to be the next morning and to HTGTH.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2007, 02:42:13 PM »

this is the only site I visited that morning. I got up before work to see how the show went at the Versace thing and that was it.?
The virus was probably picked up on another site where you downloaded a file or clicked a link.? The virus is dormant at first and is activated when you restart your computer and go online ... which in this case just happened to be the next morning and to HTGTH.

case closed.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: