Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 07:18:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Orlando Getaway Suggestions
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Orlando Getaway Suggestions  (Read 2298 times)
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« on: October 07, 2008, 10:37:30 PM »

In a couple of months here me and the gf are going to Orlando for a week, just to get away from things...

We'll be doing the textbook stuff, theme parks n' stuff...

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions from personal experiences of places to go, things to see??

Also if anyone knows of the closest Best Buy, as well be there 11/25 (just in case) rofl
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 11:01:21 PM »

Don't forget the sunscreen

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 11:04:06 PM »

^ Wow hope I dont run into you down there  rofl
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 12:41:35 AM »

Orlando is fun but a tourist trap as well. You can go thru some $$ pretty quick.  Come over to the beach, it is only a 40 mile ride and there's a lot to do over here. ( Kennedy Space Center, Cocoa Beach, great fishing, etc)

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 10:11:38 AM »

In a couple of months here me and the gf are going to Orlando for a week, just to get away from things...

We'll be doing the textbook stuff, theme parks n' stuff...

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions from personal experiences of places to go, things to see??

Also if anyone knows of the closest Best Buy, as well be there 11/25 (just in case) rofl

The Family and I are Orlando (and Disney) junkies.....sure, it's a tourist trap, but it's one we REALLY enjoy.

We'll be down there, actually, about a week after you (we leave on the 3rd...be back on the 12th).

What are you looking for, in the way of suggestions?  And what do you like in your theme parks (thrill rides, animals??).  I'm sure I can come up with some suggestions for you.

It also depends on what you're going for.  This just a vacation?  Or are you maybe popping a special question or celebrating some special event?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 10:25:13 AM »

I was in Orlando for work - all I remember is the shitty rock radio stations (they were playing Limp Bizkut... really!?!?!) and billboard after billboard for some type of theme park.  Lots of water slide parks too.  Def looks like fun for the kiddies, but it would drive me insane.

isn't Jesus World in Orlando?  hihi  Bill Maher goes there in his new movie. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 05:33:22 PM »

It also depends on what you're going for.  This just a vacation?  Or are you maybe popping a special question or celebrating some special event?

No popping of questions  rofl

Just going to relax

We're going to Universal and wet n' wild... I have mixed emotions on Disney, it'd be nice to go, but to expensive and to many kiddies....

Anything that's not widely known, but a good time is what I might be interested in...

Come over to the beach, it is only a 40 mile ride and there's a lot to do over here. ( Kennedy Space Center, Cocoa Beach, great fishing, etc)

Thats something i'll have to look into!!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 07:42:57 AM »

No popping of questions  rofl

Just going to relax

We're going to Universal and wet n' wild... I have mixed emotions on Disney, it'd be nice to go, but to expensive and to many kiddies....

Anything that's not widely known, but a good time is what I might be interested in...

I hear  ya.  The week of Thanksgiving is a MOB scene in Orlando, in any event.  The week after is better, but still pretty busy.

There's a couple things we've done, outside the parks, you might want to check out.  Some of it's "kitchzy", but fun.

We liked the Ripley's Odditorium and Wonderworks.   Wonderworks might be a bit too "kiddy" for you, though.

Gatorland was sorta fun but I'm not sure what their operating schedule is around that time frame....

There's a TON of state parks (Mt. Dora isn't far) and Museums (we like the Orlando Museum of  Art), if you're into that.

There's also a BUNCH of "dinner theater" out there...some good,some bad:

https://www.orlandoattractions.com/parks-index/dinner-shows-and-nightlife.php

We've done Medieval times (good), Pirates Dinner Adventure (decent) and Arabian Nights (BAD!) on varying trips.  You can find discount tickets on the net if any of it interests you

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 09:57:59 PM »

My wife and I went to Disney on our Honeymoon...and it turned out to be during their big "Gay Days" event, during which Disney is descended upon by around 100K homosexuals.  It certainly made the trip interesting.  Disney would send memos to all their rooms saying they expected "larger than normal turnout at Park X" on this day or that...presumably so parents could take their kids to other parks.   rofl  Anyway, we had a flaming good time.  ok

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 10:05:41 PM »

I recommend Kennedy Space Center, I'll never forget going there a few years ago. Had a great time and got to see a shuttle take off! hihi
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 08:23:50 PM »

Thanks for the ideas guys!!

Seriously does anyone know the nearest Best Buy to Universal?  hihi
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 12:26:25 PM »

check the best buy website, it's what i've done for hollywood since i'll be there for the album release  Grin

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: