Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 05:11:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  eodm... + why did I get 3rd bad karma point?! anyone?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: eodm... + why did I get 3rd bad karma point?! anyone?  (Read 11823 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2006, 03:39:33 PM »

ok, but why was I given a bad karma point?!

and, there's a diference in censoring news, and not allowing discussion.
but whatever. in less than 4 weeks it wont matter.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
estranged.1098
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2006, 04:08:04 PM »

Something many of you freedom of speech advocates don't understand:

This ia a GN'R fan message board. We like and support the band

And do we suddenly stop supporting the band by admiting Axl was very childish in his remark?

Also, there were several statements made on the article. Did you get confirmation that all of them were false? Seems to me you're only forbiding people from discussing it based on your opinion.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2006, 04:29:08 PM »

who cares about these guys...they played one show and now they aren't on the tour anymore...i mean axl coulda had a bit more tact but fact is that these guys no longer have anything to do with GnR...what mare is there to say? reports show that tommmy didn't toss his bass so that would lead me to beleive the rest of the article is trash too peace

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2006, 04:39:27 PM »

Lastly, what kind of fan would like to come to a fan site to read thread after thread about how much their favorite band sucks and how everybody hates them?

/jarmo

I scratch my head to that one every day.. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2006, 04:46:48 PM »

Something many of you freedom of speech advocates don't understand:

This ia a GN'R fan message board. We like and support the band

And do we suddenly stop supporting the band by admiting Axl was very childish in his remark?

There was a thread where you could've posted that. Do you need an article to post that?

But my post was talking generally about how these things (unfortunately) works.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Transcona
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2006, 05:12:30 PM »

Jarmo,

The majority of the people reading this board are massive fans. Regardless of what is said or posted here, they'll remain fans. Censoring useless posts, or questionable behaviour is your choice and understood, but censoring relevant (true or not) news from more legit sources in my mind creates a negative vibe just as bad or worse than the article itself.

I think members are starting to get suspicious when you delete certain things like for example the nme.com article without explanation first. By doing so they are now more likely to put even more weight into the so called lies because they likely believe managment has requested you to remove it.

I'm a fan, but I hate censorship more than I love gnr. I don't need someone to lead me to believe in the band by withholding information. I'll still be a fan at the end of the day regardless. Make sense?
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2006, 05:17:31 PM »

It contains falsehoods,
So why do you call it "news"?
Oh, wait...you said "new's".... Kiss

But, seriously,
A big part's been proven false!
Why believe any??

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
McGann
VIP

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2006, 05:18:57 PM »

It contains falsehoods,
So why do you call it "news"?
Oh, wait...you said "new's".... Kiss

But, seriously,
A big part's been proven false!
Why believe any??

You said "true or not".
What kind of sense does that make?
Are you Dan Rather??

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Transcona
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2006, 05:21:30 PM »

McGann,

This is the last I'll comment on the topic. Do you not at all get it? What I said is not about the article itself. It has nothing to do with the info being true or false. It is 100% about censoring topics that have every right to be included on this board.
EFISH
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2006, 05:24:48 PM »

McGann,

This is the last I'll comment on the topic. Do you not at all get it? What I said is not about the article itself. It has nothing to do with the info being true or false. It is 100% about censoring topics that have every right to be included on this board.

Its not censoring. If the mods arent going to delete/move/merge anything, then whats the point of having mods? Lets just make it a total free-for-all! Nah, thats not how it works on succesful forums. If you care so much, then make your own forum, and don't have any mods or anything. Have fun!
McGann
VIP

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2006, 05:26:07 PM »

Oh, I got your point.
Your "logic" is badly flawed.
Why discuss BULLSHIT?

If that's what you want,
Go to "The Jungle" section.
Talk conspiracies.

Fiction is OK
But NEVER disguised as truth
It validates lies.

Yes, I get your point,
But you are quite mistaken
And living in dreams.

Splash

/Mike
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 10:09:18 AM by McGann » Logged

-Mike McGann
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2006, 05:29:54 PM »

McGann,

Why should an article that obviously is full of crap be included here?  The EODM have gotten way too much attention already now they are taking to lying to get more.  The people that keep posting this crapola over and over are just attention hounds not even people who care about freedom of speech.

All you get when you post that garbage is 18 pages full of people arguing over it.  If you care that much about what the EODM have to say then you should go post about it on their forum.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2006, 05:45:53 PM »

McGann,

You do not make the call of what deserves to be here and what doesn't.

In addition, we also remove images that have been manipulated in Photoshop. Because they fool a lot of people and we don't want to help them spread.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2006, 05:51:22 PM »

jarmo!
but why was I given 3rd karma point?!

and I aint frozen inferno...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Transcona
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2006, 06:07:06 PM »

Jarmo,

I said this earlier "Censoring useless posts, or questionable behaviour is your choice and understood"

I am behind anything that you could file under inappropriate. Delete it, ban the user, whatever you see fit, thats what mods & admins are for. I'm not against that at all.

Forget about the article, and read between the lines of the bigger picture here.  Thats all I am trying to say.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2006, 06:33:44 PM »

I don't know, I didn't do it.

/jarmo

Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2006, 06:36:13 PM »

Off topic, but Mike, your last haiku wasn't a haiku...  ok

On topic: EODM are no longer on the tour, we all know why, no need to overanalyze it... Jarmo and his mods are doing a great job here.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 06:37:55 PM by Backslash » Logged

GNRevolution... the missing link.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2006, 06:50:03 PM »

I don't think it's necesary for me to start a new thread about this so i'll ask in this one, why did i get my fourth neggie? answer here or send a PM or in the why did i get negative karma thread, but please why ?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 07:03:07 PM by Merck NOW. A.K.A. CheapJon » Logged
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2006, 07:17:05 PM »

You've been a bad boy smoking

Just let it go man, sometimes there's just no logic too it. You got 4, I got none. 2 to each of us would make more sense, but that's how it is.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2006, 07:21:40 PM »

You've been a bad boy smoking

Just let it go man, sometimes there's just no logic too it. You got 4, I got none. 2 to each of us would make more sense, but that's how it is.

haha yeah dude i know, just that the 3 first i really was a bad boy when i got them but can't understand why i got this last one  hihi i don't really care much about them just that now i have to say that -4 is the ultimate karma and not -3 like i used too hihi

so mods why on earth? rofl
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: