Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 02:43:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227928 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 396927 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2014, 10:52:02 AM »

Keep in mind that the "I want the band to get together to write" is one person's idea of an ideal scenario.

The band has seven other individuals and their wishes to take into account.

Now, would it be great? Maybe. Is it the one solution that works best? Possibly not. GN'R hasn't used this method of working in the past (compare to how the Illusion tracks were worked on).

And in 8 freakin' years, have not been able to get together to even do one song?  Hell, to write one note?  Simple smell test will tell you this ain't a band and doesn't seem it ever will be. 

Its time we make peace with the most interesting thing these guys will do is play YCBM as a show opener or dust off 'Yesterdays'.  This is what passes for exciting news for GNR fandom in 2014.

It's OK to say that stuff out loud.  And you sacrifice credibility when you can't.  End of story.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2014, 10:55:59 AM »

Keep in mind that the "I want the band to get together to write" is one person's idea of an ideal scenario.

Now, would it be great? Maybe. Is it the one solution that works best? Possibly not. GN'R hasn't used this method of working in the past (compare to how the Illusion tracks were worked on).

Besides, Bumblefoot was the first to admit that he wasn't always available for this kind of activities because he booked solo appearances when GN'R had time off....

/jarmo

Very true.  I think a lot of bands that have had a lot of success (and a lot of members) don't record with everyone present.  Bruce Springsteen & E Street Band used to, but it became impractical and too overwhelming to get everyone there are once.  

It does seem like Axl wanted/wants everyone's ideas and input, and, as much as I love Ron, I'm sure his dislike of that became frustrating.  

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2014, 10:59:05 AM »

Very true.  I think a lot of bands that have had a lot of success (and a lot of members) don't record with everyone present.  Bruce Springsteen & E Street Band used to, but it became impractical and too overwhelming to get everyone there are once.  

Ah, but did they have a lot of 8 years stretches where they did nothing, literally nothing, as they claimed to be a functional, operational outfit?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2014, 11:18:29 AM »

Bruce Springsteen & E Street Band :

2002 - The Rising
2007 - Magic
2009 - Working On A Dream
2012 - Wrecking Ball
2014 - High Hopes

How did all this get done?  Fairy dust??

Or did they perhaps actually have interest in getting the work done and saw to it that it did?

C'mon, people.

BangoSkank
Rocker

« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2014, 11:42:17 AM »

Bruce Springsteen & E Street Band :

2002 - The Rising
2007 - Magic
2009 - Working On A Dream
2012 - Wrecking Ball
2014 - High Hopes

How did all this get done?  Fairy dust??

Or did they perhaps actually have interest in getting the work done and saw to it that it did?

C'mon, people.

Ha! To help your point even more they also release tons of smaller material, documentaries and a double album of outtakes in 2010.

Anyway, my point is that on Magic, Working on a Dream, Wrecking Ball & High Hopes, they had people come in shifts to record.  For example: 

Week 1 - record Bruce's voice, and main rhythm guitar work

Week 2 - The bass, drums & keyboards came in to lay the ground key groundwork

Week 3 - Extra solos, harmonies, horns, etc.

You're absolutely right they produced more, but given Axl's reluctance to release even fully completed stuff, who the hell knows how much they've accomplished.  Ron claims nothing, but he apparently also recorded an Atlas Shrugged solo and we know he did a Better remix and, I think, played on an Oh My God rerecord.  Possibly Going Down & Silkworms too.

Trust me, I'm far from claiming they're a super functional unit, but just making the point that everyone sitting together in a room to write and do things may not be super feasible anymore, though it were.  Why they can't/don't do it on tour is anybody's guess.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2014, 11:55:30 AM »

Trust me, I'm far from claiming they're a super functional unit, but just making the point that everyone sitting together in a room to write and do things may not be super feasible anymore, though it were.  Why they can't/don't do it on tour is anybody's guess.

Because he doesn't want to, I gather. 

I just see no other reason.  In 8 motherfucking years, you could have worked on A SONG, no?  Well...not if you didn't give a shit, you wouldn't.

Know why I don't exercise?  Because I don't feel like it.  That's the real reason. 

But put through a GNR fan prism, I guess I would go off some tangent about how no one really exercises anymore.  And there is more than one way to exercise.  Or maybe I am exercising like a madman, but I can't get any cooperation from my gym.

But that would all be bullshit.  The reality is that I just don't care to.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2014, 12:01:25 PM »

Your exercise analogy is flawed.

It's not that nobody exercises, the thing is that you never exercised. So to change your normal routine, you need to start doing something you never did before. There's a difference....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2014, 12:13:02 PM »

It's not that nobody exercises, the thing is that you never exercised. So to change your normal routine, you need to start doing something you never did before. There's a difference....

When did I say I never exercised?  Sounds like you don't have "the facts".

BangoSkank
Rocker

« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2014, 12:14:24 PM »

Because he doesn't want to, I gather. 

I just see no other reason.  In 8 motherfucking years, you could have worked on A SONG, no?  Well...not if you didn't give a shit, you wouldn't.

But they have worked on songs, the ones I just listed above. 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 12:37:38 PM by BangoSkank » Logged

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2014, 12:15:20 PM »

Besides, Bumblefoot was the first to admit that he wasn't always available for this kind of activities because he booked solo appearances when GN'R had time off....

/jarmo

Great point ....

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2014, 12:21:07 PM »

When did I say I never exercised?  Sounds like you don't have "the facts".

Umm, it was an analogy you posted that I changed to fit the situation, you tried to explain, better.

Geez.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2014, 12:35:51 PM »

But they have worked on songs, the ones I just listed above. 

So they say.  But that's...what, exactly?  A few cut and pasted riffs over already completed songs like 'Chinese Democracy' and 'I.R.S.'?

Extra drum fills on a completed song like 'There Was A Time'?

Kind of hard to say Ron or Frank was involved in song creation there.

And from 2006 until 2014, Axl never once asked Ron for anything he might have?  Nor from 2009 until 2014 asked DJ the same?  That's not odd?

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2014, 12:37:50 PM »

Umm, it was an analogy you posted that I changed to fit the situation, you tried to explain, better.

Geez.

I realize that. 

And I am giving you the same horseshit answers you often give me.  I'm making light of the whole situation, on the off chance that was unclear.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2014, 02:21:59 PM »

Well, maybe certain people get the answers they deserve from me....  Tongue

/jarmo

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2014, 04:32:09 PM »

"another one bites to dust"

if so....this must be positive for Axl camp!! it has to be, progress to come "soon"!!!
at least it will somehow be twisted into that. business as usual.

BF is/has been the best guitarist technically in Axl's band (next to BH).
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 05:38:57 PM by Limulus » Logged

Re-Union time, baby!!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2014, 08:07:10 PM »

He's NOT out! I don't believe that until I see an official statement. They're just on downtime. If he was out he would probably made it clear, cause that is more like him.

nah, he's out, dude.  There's probably more going on than we can see, but the writing on the wall is pretty clear and indicates that Ron has left.

His quote from a Blabbermouth interview:

"To be honest, I really should have paid more attention to it, even when I was in GUNS N' ROSES. I should have been touring more and putting more albums than what I did."

Unless he's using it as leverage against management, but that seems really unlikely.

Is it really that clear?

I'm not so sure after reading the whole interview Blabbermouth lifted that quote from.  I'll repost what I posted earlier.

I'll point this out because I think people are relying on Blabbermouth and not reading the full BBF interview with The National.  He makes another comment which makes things less clear, IMO.

Finally, has any work begun on any new Guns N? Roses material?

We are all on break and everyone is off touring. Richard (Fortus) and Dizzy (Reed) are off touring with The Dead Daisies. DJ Ashba is readying to release his next album. Tommy (Stinson) is playing with The Replacements and I am finishing up my new solo album

Read more: www.thenational.ae/arts-lifestyle/music/bumblefoot-talks-heavy-metal-and-hot-sauce#ixzz3A8Igo5Vk

Ali
BangoSkank
Rocker

« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2014, 08:27:48 PM »

He's NOT out! I don't believe that until I see an official statement. They're just on downtime. If he was out he would probably made it clear, cause that is more like him.

nah, he's out, dude.  There's probably more going on than we can see, but the writing on the wall is pretty clear and indicates that Ron has left.

"To be honest, I really should have paid more attention to it, even when I was in GUNS N' ROSES. I should have been touring more and putting more albums than what I did."

Unless he's using it as leverage against management, but that seems really unlikely.

Is it really that clear?

I'm not so sure after reading the whole interview Blabbermouth lifted that quote from.  I'll repost what I posted earlier.

I'll point this out because I think people are relying on Blabbermouth and not reading the full BBF interview with The National.  He makes another comment which makes things less clear, IMO.

We are all on break and everyone is off touring. Richard (Fortus) and Dizzy (Reed) are off touring with The Dead Daisies. DJ Ashba is readying to release his next album. Tommy (Stinson) is playing with The Replacements and I am finishing up my new solo album

Read more: www.thenational.ae/arts-lifestyle/music/bumblefoot-talks-heavy-metal-and-hot-sauce#ixzz3A8Igo5Vk

Ali

I won't lie, that is compelling and I hope you're right that there's still a shred of hope.  The only thing I wonder about is that that interview was published about a week or so before he put "2006-2014" on his twitter.  Which, unfortunately, means the interview was done probably even earlier.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2014, 08:36:52 PM »

Is it really that clear?

Ali

I won't lie, that is compelling and I hope you're right that there's still a shred of hope.  The only thing I wonder about is that that interview was published about a week or so before he put "2006-2014" on his twitter.  Which, unfortunately, means the interview was done probably even earlier.
Yes, but keep in mind that this is the same interview that had that quote that Blabbermouth pulled that everyone has responded to. Granted, something may have changed in a week's time. But, I'm skeptical as the band is on a break with announced activities at this time. So, I don't see the impetus to address this issue right now.

Ali
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2014, 08:51:42 PM »

Is it really that clear?

Ali

Yes, but keep in mind that this is the same interview that had that quote that Blabbermouth pulled that everyone has responded to. Granted, something may have changed in a week's time. But, I'm skeptical as the band is on a break with announced activities at this time. So, I don't see the impetus to address this issue right now.

Ali

So then when is it ok to address the issue?  After something is officially announced?  I thought the whole point here is speculating on what's going on with Ron because we don't have any official word. 
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2014, 09:50:21 AM »

So then when is it ok to address the issue?  After something is officially announced?  I thought the whole point here is speculating on what's going on with Ron because we don't have any official word. 

Yeah, I just don't get this mindest.

This is not a court of law and we are not under oath.  We are goofballs talking about a rock band on the internet.  We speculate.  Maybe we are right and maybe we are wrong.  Who the hell knows?

But I will never understand how we are somehow in the wrong looking at a situation and giving our take on it.  Where's the harm?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: