Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 08:27:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Do you believe in god? Why?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you believe in god? Why?  (Read 28031 times)
MikeB
« Reply #120 on: June 10, 2005, 03:19:29 PM »

I don't care what people say they believe in , doesn't make them a better or worse person . Hitler believed in God but he was a demented dude . i don't want to state too much of my religion beliefs but i believe in God and i don't go to church . my friend practices witchcraft but she don't judge me for wat i believe in . i was born catholic , my family didn't force it on me , they are good people .i have friends who are athiest or that believe in something different that i am close to . IF ur a religous fanatic and judge people for not agreeing with you, you are a prejudice asshole!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2005, 03:36:14 PM »

Hitler believed in God but he was a demented dude .

Having just completeted three years studying the man - i didn't find anything that suggested he believed in god

Hitler planned to destroy all religions and establish a new one which worshipped....well, him, it was called the German Faith Movement
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 03:40:34 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2005, 04:15:55 PM »

Hitler succeded in bringing hope to the germans in thier time of doubt, but his one mistake was to take out his racism on jews. However, I belive in God, because to be honest there is really no reason not to.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2005, 04:36:55 PM »

Hitler succeded in bringing hope to the germans in thier time of doubt, but his one mistake was to take out his racism on jews.

That's a joke right - u didn't just say Hitler made ONE mistake?

So u don't think his murder of Russians and Poles was a mistake?

What about the murder of his own people and starting a war that killed 60 million?

U make me sick, perhaps u should check a war memorial if u think Hitler's so great

Quick! To the bandwagon!
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2005, 04:44:21 PM »

U make me sick, perhaps u should check a war memorial if u think Hitler's so great
Tongue in cheek?

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
MikeB
« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2005, 05:29:12 PM »

I have a book on the life of hitler ,in the book ,  there was a billboard hanging in germany that said "Believe in God to resist the jews ," in a picture of germany in the holocaust era . also they said he was raised roman-catholic .i guess he believed in god.sorry if a made a mistake.
Dust N Rose
« Reply #126 on: June 10, 2005, 05:35:54 PM »

I don't want to boost Hitler by saying these things but every world war conquest has it's victims. Genghis Khan killed millions of Chinese. Yet we call him the biggest Conqueror of all time. Why? because we are too far from those times?
We should blame every conqueror for killing people, but every nation had his conquerors.
Also, watch some more comparisons. Hitler wanted to conquer all the world.
Napoleon wanted the same thing, or at least the Europe in first phase.
Why we call Napoleon, the eagle of France e.t.c. and Hitler not?
Moreover he was a dictator and killed the Germans who opposed him. Didn't Alexander the Great did the same thing with the Thebeans in Greece. He destroyed the entire city (Thebes) in order to set out his conquest to Persia without any danger remaining in Greece. There are more war crimes. The Turks leaded of Kemal Atatourk (a Turkish nationalist) did genocide to the Greeks and Armenians and killed the most part of the Armenian population in Anatolia. Yet the modern Turks call him the father of the Turks. The first americans eliminated the Indians. The Spanish destroyed the Aztecs under the pretence of spreading christianity. The Roman generals were ordering to kill or enslave every male in each city they conquered.

I know Hitler did a huge crime by killing jews. After everything I said above, I conclude that this is indeed his worst crime. Unless we say every conqueror was blood-thirsty, crazy megalomaniac. I think either we call everyone like that or we let Hitler alone and say he was another failed conqueror that did war crimes.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 05:38:30 PM by New Rose » Logged
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2005, 10:51:41 AM »

I have a book on the life of hitler ,in the book ,? there was a billboard hanging in germany that said "Believe in God to resist the jews ," in a picture of germany in the holocaust era . also they said he was raised roman-catholic .i guess he believed in god.sorry if a made a mistake.

Lol - Hitler always wanted to seem a good Christian - after all the Nazi Party 'manifesto' spoke of 'Positive Christianity' - it was propoganda it served his purpose to seem as a Christian - but remember he regarded the Old Testament as a 'Jewish' book, he had to temper his stance though, he didn't want to annoy the Churches too much, untill he was ready to have them all gassed or shot, or whatever nightmare he had in store
« Last Edit: June 11, 2005, 11:02:34 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #128 on: June 11, 2005, 10:53:38 AM »

Tongue in cheek?

A reference to another post perhaps? - read it again, u'll see what i mean, maybe i was too vague.

When people praise Hitler they should have think about the millions that idiot had slaughtered, its because idiots like him praise Hitler that such derenged ultra-right wing views still exist

« Last Edit: June 11, 2005, 11:34:57 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #129 on: June 11, 2005, 11:01:17 AM »

I know Hitler did a huge crime by killing jews. After everything I said above, I conclude that this is indeed his worst crime. Unless we say every conqueror was blood-thirsty, crazy megalomaniac. I think either we call everyone like that or we let Hitler alone and say he was another failed conqueror that did war crimes.

Don't decieve ur self into thinking Hitler's war for racial annihilation has any parellel in history - those other nutcases where after land, Hitler wanted to kill everything he had a problem with

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Dust N Rose
« Reply #130 on: June 12, 2005, 05:51:33 AM »

I know, my country (Greece) suffered the most. The nazis, terminated entire towns. We had the most deaths in Europe regarding to our population.

I tend to think, that everything Hitler couldn't do with weapons, does Germany now peacefully with E.U.
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: February 21, 2007, 04:44:02 PM »

just curious as to how many on here believe in god and the bible... i do, i got christian parents but they're not that strict though so i kinda always got to do my own thang, i don't go to church anymore because i have alot of doubts about things there but i definately believe in god though, i just don't see how a perfectly put together and complex eco system that we have here on earth can have happened by accident. that being said, i'm no religious nut lol, i just think we are here for a reason and having read the bible from an early age i definately feel in my heart (i've also had direct experiences where i've felt god's closeness to me) that the bible is true.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2007, 04:44:40 PM »

no

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2007, 05:09:51 PM »

Same as tap.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2007, 05:10:33 PM »

yeah but why?
i'm open to every view, would  be cool to have a debate around it Smiley
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2007, 05:13:55 PM »

I do, though I generally have problems with some aspects of organized religion.

I also don't look at religion in the competitive manner that many do (in other words, "if my religion is right, then people from other religions go to 'Hell'", etc.).   

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #136 on: February 21, 2007, 06:09:23 PM »

Yes I believe,but i have very oposite opinionfrom my chourch.
Well for me every man on earth is a god child whetever religious he is.

I have never seen so many tree
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #137 on: February 21, 2007, 06:49:28 PM »

I believe in A divinity, i don't call it, and i don't see why it would be just a 1 and male.

It could be multiple and unknown type, more astral than the male representation that was created by a male ruled political organisation that used to be the " vatican" at the very beginning.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 07:21:33 PM by Jessica » Logged

Nothing to say
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #138 on: February 21, 2007, 07:03:52 PM »

I have a complicated religion of belief or whatever, can't explain it but it's the best for me yes
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #139 on: February 21, 2007, 07:50:39 PM »

Even if you do, even if you don't you still should write it with a capital "G"

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: