Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:26:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Contraband Double Platinum!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Contraband Double Platinum!  (Read 17954 times)
al3x
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: July 19, 2005, 05:39:13 PM »

and they said it would never happen! Lips Sealed
how much haw audioslave sold of their first album? did it get to double platinum?
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 06:30:07 PM »

well audioslave's first album wasn't all that great.

Two, i expected more then two million. Its great, but not enough yet.
al3x
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 06:51:54 PM »

if you look at the prediction thread, few anticipated this kind of success
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 08:03:20 PM »

Congradulations VR!!!  Good for them..

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 09:46:34 PM »

Now at award shows they can be introduced as "multi-platinum recording artists... Velvet Revolver!"

Seriously I didn't think they would get double platinum (and I'm still a little skecthy about the situation until I see it on Billboard)... but well done.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 01:46:44 AM »

this is a huge accomplishment and testiment to a solid album and solid touring.

These guys havent had a multi-platinum record for many years, a huge success for them - Congrats

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 03:55:24 AM »

it's great but don't exagerate, there is nothing "huge". double platinium is not huge and VR don't fill stadiums.
"huge" is something like gn'r back in the days, 15 times platinium (afd) or 14 times platinium (UYI LP's). that's what I call huge.
"huge" is nevermind (10 times platinium) or "the eminem show" (12 times platinium).

They are not as big as you think. Plus, outside USA, they don't sell many records.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 03:57:28 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
thejungle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2005, 05:38:26 AM »

true, that is what 'huge' is, and VRs last tour shows that they aint huge, but "for them" it is a huge success, considering how much this band could have failed commercially.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2005, 06:07:53 AM »

it's great but don't exagerate, there is nothing "huge". double platinium is not huge and VR don't fill stadiums.
"huge" is something like gn'r back in the days, 15 times platinium (afd) or 14 times platinium (UYI LP's). that's what I call huge.
"huge" is nevermind (10 times platinium) or "the eminem show" (12 times platinium).

They are not as big as you think. Plus, outside USA, they don't sell many records.

He said "a huge sucess for them"... He didn't say VR are fucking huge and the album was fucking huge.. This is huge for them considering Contraband sold more than the all the Snakepit records, Loaded, Beautiful Disease, Matt's solo record and the last STP record all together.? Why does there always have to be someone trying to bring a good thing down. Go get some ass or something.... Seriously you need it rather than hovering over these message boards just waiting to bring people down... You know, this is a pretty cool thing and I knew it wouldn't be long before some ******** would try and make it negative...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 06:18:54 AM by tomass74 » Logged

aporro
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2005, 08:17:04 AM »

I agree.  What the hell is going on???  Why are some so fast to bring a good thing down?Huh  How the hell can you compare it with GNR's glory days.  This is a new f'n band that is coming up fast.  Let it be!!!! 
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2005, 09:05:51 AM »

ok ok calm down I just think their success is good, but to tell you the truth I expected them more...I don't know...something like 7-8 million copies, and beeing an arena act. but 2 million are fine though.? peace

« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 09:09:31 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2005, 12:35:47 PM »

how much haw audioslave sold of their first album? did it get to double platinum?

They were certified 2x platinum 2 years ago (riaa.com)

Contraband is a pretty weak offering in the grand scale of things and 2 million seems pretty good especially in todays climate

Quick! To the bandwagon!
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2005, 12:57:55 PM »

I can only say one thing: When selling 2 million copies ain't regarded as a good thing, what the hell is? 2 million people, individuals, souls, persons, humans have used money on a piece of cd, thats good by my standards. If you say that 2 millions ain't huge, be carefull and dont say that in front of the 100 million artists around the world who dream of selling more than 1000 copies of their music..   Wink

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2005, 02:13:33 PM »

Total sales worldwide should be more, so 2 million is a pretty decent no. for a debut album ( even for ex-rockers) ...

Fuck 'Em All.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2005, 05:55:54 PM »

Double Platinum....Rock on VR beer

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2005, 10:11:07 PM »

ok ok calm down I just think their success is good, but to tell you the truth I expected them more...I don't know...something like 7-8 million copies, and beeing an arena act. but 2 million are fine though.? peace

peace

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2005, 01:45:53 AM »

He said "a huge sucess for them"... He didn't say VR are fucking huge and the album was fucking huge.. This is huge for them considering Contraband sold more than the all the Snakepit records, Loaded, Beautiful Disease, Matt's solo record and the last STP record all together.? Why does there always have to be someone trying to bring a good thing down. Go get some ass or something.... Seriously you need it rather than hovering over these message boards just waiting to bring people down... You know, this is a pretty cool thing and I knew it wouldn't be long before some ******** would try and make it negative...

thanks, I couldnt have put it better myself? ok

Im well aware of GN'Rs 'huge" success, the word was used in relative terms with an example provided
guys, read the damn post properly? Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 01:48:36 AM by jimmythegent » Logged

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
thejungle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2005, 04:51:55 AM »

plus this is for the US only, and while they might nto have done massive numbers or equivalent numbers outside of the US, i remember a while ago reading they'd sold 3 million worldwide - if you wanted to be cheeky now its done an 'extra million' in the US you could say its done 4 million now! Wink

but i think more likely its about 3 million and maybe abit extra. not too shabby, see where they go with the next album.
usurper
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2005, 01:55:33 PM »

Triple platinum
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2005, 02:20:17 PM »

Triple platinum

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure they didn't even sell more than 2 million copies.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: