Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:43:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Suggestion to VR: Hire Anthony Keidis
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Suggestion to VR: Hire Anthony Keidis  (Read 18581 times)
alex420gnr
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: May 31, 2009, 10:39:51 PM »

Here it is:

the Red Hot Chili Peppers are on hiatus, in order to survive, Velvet Revolver needs to step it up and get an A-lister better than Weiland

Keidis has never done a project other than the Peppers

What a better way to broaden his horizons than to play with other A-listers

Would be interesting as Keidis is currently sober (I think)

Suggestion - No GNR covers, No RHCP covers, and very few old VR songs

I think it could be mind-blowing

What do others think?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 10:58:29 PM »

I thouht about this the other day.  They definately could come up with some good tunes.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 11:29:36 PM »

Why do you think Kiedis would ruin his career with VR without any need?

VR wont find a greater frontman than Weiland. Any greater frontman than Weiland wouldn't join a band that has no future.

The only chance I see is an absolute unknown looking forward to start a musical career. Someone from Americal Idol, for example. Or a mediocre and devaluated singer with some glory in the past like Gary Cherone or Brett Michaels.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
alex420gnr
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 11:50:13 PM »

Why do you think Kiedis would ruin his career with VR without any need?

VR wont find a greater frontman than Weiland. Any greater frontman than Weiland wouldn't join a band that has no future.

The only chance I see is an absolute unknown looking forward to start a musical career. Someone from Americal Idol, for example. Or a mediocre and devaluated singer with some glory in the past like Gary Cherone or Brett Michaels.

you act like Slash and Duff aren't amazing musicians

Last time I checked, RHCP have been irrelevant since 1999 or earlier if you get right down to it

Kiedis needs to do something - I know his child would appreciate if he at least tried something other than the peppers

Shit, Chad Smith is playing with a supergroup - why not have a interesting side-project while RHCP take a break

btw - Weiland released a helluva dud with Libertad and even worse with his boring double-disc solo album - and i used to be a huge weiland fan - seen him with stp twice, solo 3 times and VR twice

as we all know the line-up looked good on paper, but the proof is in the pudding

with Keidis, i am thinking more along the lines of rock/psychadelic no funk like the peppers

Discuss

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 12:07:43 AM »

you act like Slash and Duff aren't amazing musicians
amazing musicans who made liberturd?

Last time I checked, RHCP have been irrelevant since 1999 or earlier if you get right down to it
bullshit.  Their double album that came out 3 years ago has sold more records than all of VR's combined.
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 12:22:26 AM »

Mr Keidis made his name with the Red Hot Chili Peppers. What makes anyone think that he would cross over to VR? Don't get me wrong, I love Anthony Keidis but he belongs in the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
alex420gnr
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 12:33:38 AM »

bullshit.  Their double album that came out 3 years ago has sold more records than all of VR's combined.

I was expecting that - the RHCP name alone will bring in millions of albums all by itself

So, by this argument, Creed , Limp Bizkit, and Korn are relevent and quality just because they ruled music in the 90's

history has conclusively shown that total # of albums sold proves absolutely nothing

The RHCP inspirations have dried up - how many fucking times do I need another song about hollywood, california, etc

the chili peppers' last double album had tons of fillers and mediocre singles - certainly not their best work

even Californication in 1999 was not that good - the song otherside is annoying to say the least

Even Rick Rubin couldn't inspire them anymore to expand their sound

Why is it so rediculous for Keidis to do this?

When was the last time he performed with any other band or musician for even 1 song.... oh yea NEVER!!

I think people are scared it could actually be good
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 01:15:23 AM »

Stadium Arcadium is my favorite album of the 21st century

They are still relevant and awesome

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 02:20:21 AM »

Who cares if Libertad aint that good?  What about Contraband, thats faaar better than your little hero's latest 15 year effort  ok

Go throw yourself off a bridge blowjob.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 02:21:43 AM »

Back on topic, i wouldnt really like to see this.

Maybe as a collaboration on the solo album.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 03:43:30 AM »

I was expecting that - the RHCP name alone will bring in millions of albums all by itself

So, by this argument, Creed , Limp Bizkit, and Korn are relevent and quality just because they ruled music in the 90's

history has conclusively shown that total # of albums sold proves absolutely nothing

The RHCP inspirations have dried up - how many fucking times do I need another song about hollywood, california, etc

the chili peppers' last double album had tons of fillers and mediocre singles - certainly not their best work

even Californication in 1999 was not that good - the song otherside is annoying to say the least

Even Rick Rubin couldn't inspire them anymore to expand their sound

Why is it so rediculous for Keidis to do this?

When was the last time he performed with any other band or musician for even 1 song.... oh yea NEVER!!

I think people are scared it could actually be good

just 3 years ago they released an album that has outsold all VR releases combined.  That is not irrelevant.     Like em or not, don't be stupid. 

Who cares if Libertad aint that good?  What about Contraband, thats faaar better than your little hero's latest 15 year effort  ok

is this really necessary?   why are you even on this site if all you want to do is bash chinese D?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 03:59:25 AM »

is this really necessary?   why are you even on this site if all you want to do is bash chinese D?

Are YOU really neccesary?  Why on earth are you always on the Velvet Revolver threads if you hate Slash and all his fan's so much?
Why are YOU reading this thread if all you're gonna do is make stupid comments like "Liberturd".
And im not just on here to "bash" Chinese D, I simply think that Contraband is far better.  Is it such a problem to think that?  Does that mean I cant follow GNR anymore?   Are some of your comments in the GNR threads really neccesary?

Stop trying to start trouble with stupid comments  ok

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 04:40:05 AM »

dont think keidis is good enough live (vocally). Hes often out of breathe.

html sucks
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 05:15:05 AM »

Whether you like it or not, if you're selling millions of records, that means millions of people think that you're still relevant.  Relevance isn't decided by quality, you know (even though I do love new Chili Peppers stuff, and aren't saying it's not good).
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 05:50:14 AM »

There's really nothing to argue about here. We're not going to see Anthony Keidis in Velvet Revolver.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
widevu
Headliner

I used to do a little

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 07:37:24 AM »

I think (maybe I'm the only one) Libertad is a very good album with a lot of good songs. It's just because it sells not that much and has less attention as contraband, people think it's a bad album.

APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 07:42:35 AM »

I think Kiedis would be a bad idea.  He's a great front man, but aren't RHCP still together?  So, even if it did work and they made some great songs, it would end up being another case of lead singer goes back to old band and they're left without a front man again.   
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 07:43:43 AM »

I think (maybe I'm the only one) Libertad is a very good album with a lot of good songs. It's just because it sells not that much and has less attention as contraband, people think it's a bad album.

I don't mind libertad.  I just don't think its great, and i have very high standards for Slash, Duff and even Axl.  Let it roll, just 16 and gravedancer are awesome songs.

So yeah, its not bad but they were capable of so much better.

widevu
Headliner

I used to do a little

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 09:43:18 AM »

I don't mind libertad.  I just don't think its great, and i have very high standards for Slash, Duff and even Axl.  Let it roll, just 16 and gravedancer are awesome songs.

So yeah, its not bad but they were capable of so much better.

... builds quick machines, pills demons ..., american man, mary mary, just sixteen & for a brother
these are alle good songs imo
best song is not on the album, and that's a shame: MESSAGES, great guitar on that one

APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 09:50:47 AM »

yeah Messages is awesome, I cant believe they didnt put that one on libertad.

And to this day, i cant believe YGNR from contraband wasnt released as a single

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: