Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 11:00:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Duff McKagan: 'Velvet Revolver Singer Search May Resume Shortly!'
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff McKagan: 'Velvet Revolver Singer Search May Resume Shortly!'  (Read 32209 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: February 19, 2013, 03:58:08 PM »

From Duff in a Soundwave Q&A prior to his appearance with Loaded in Australia February 23rd 2013.

Soundwave:

You probably get this a lot too, how's the search for a new VR singer going?

Duff:

VR singer search may resume shortly!

DUFF MCKAGANS LOADED

Q&A: http://www.soundwavefestival.com/powwow/duff-mckagans-loaded

« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 05:09:54 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 10:43:50 PM »

It's a change from his "it will happen if it's in the cards" answer?

And the exclamation point is his, not mine. Cheesy

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 01:24:08 PM »

From a new interview with Slash from Finland:

2/09/2013

Slash: "I don't know what Velvet Revolver is gonna due because there's no singer established in that band at all. But, it's more the other way around. I would like to get one more Velvet Revolver record. Given we find somebody who's good, right for the job."

Video interview @4:00: http://www.katsomo.fi/?progId=167432

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 05:35:55 PM »

It's a sad thing that this has had to drag on for so long, and I'm sure the band will be less popular because of it. Let's not kid ourselves, the world isn't waiting for Velvet Revolver to get their act together, but they was hugely popular when they first started out. They should of noticed how good they was and sorted their problems out and carry on for another few albums, and then they could of called it a day.

Now it all seems a little too late, especially with all of the guys doing well at their own respective projects too.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 05:53:10 PM »

Slash is done dealing with singers like Scott
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 03:54:46 PM »

I noticed the VR live nation page is current, as in, updated in 2013... Maybe some news is coming?!?!
Estranged85
Rocker

Why must it drift away and die?

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 05:38:59 PM »

Its too bad because that means he has to work with people like Myles Kennedy. They should never have fired Scott. Leaving GNR and firing Scott are the two worst decisions Slash and Duff has made in their careers. I really do like Walking Papers though. 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 05:44:10 PM by Estranged85 » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 06:32:01 PM »

They should never have fired Scott. Leaving GNR and firing Scott are the two worst decisions Slash and Duff has made in their careers.

Let's remember the timeline.  Scott announced he was reuniting with Stone Temple Pilots for a tour, and announced this was the last tour for Velvet Revolver.  Then he was "fired." Wink

I noticed the VR live nation page is current, as in, updated in 2013... Maybe some news is coming?!?!

Interesting.yes

Estranged85
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 06:39:42 PM »

Yeah he said that cause he knew they were getting rid of him. They didn't talk to him for six months, it wasn't exactly rocket science they were gonna fire him so Scott made plans with STP. It was even clear to the fans that things were going to hell months before they officially fired Scott. Anyways, nothing can be done about it now. My point was just that its sad that VR wasn't worked out because like someone mentioned earlier in this thread its kinda too late now. Too much time has passed for people to care if they reunite now (except for us hardcore fans) its a shame.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 06:50:44 PM »

We'll never really know.  But Scott did announce first that he would be touring with STP and that VR was done -- 2 weeks before he was "fired."

If they came back with a new singer now, of course depending on who it would be, there would still be a fan base.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 10:21:16 PM »

Its too bad because that means he has to work with people like Myles Kennedy.

Sad but true
Estranged85
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 09:31:44 AM »

We'll never really know.  But Scott did announce first that he would be touring with STP and that VR was done -- 2 weeks before he was "fired."

If they came back with a new singer now, of course depending on who it would be, there would still be a fan base.

Yes, Scott did do that. It still doesn't change the fact that he was indeed fired.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 09:54:38 AM »

It still doesn't change the fact that he was indeed fired.

If you're fired after you quit, what's the point. Cheesy

Estranged85
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 10:05:19 AM »

It still doesn't change the fact that he was indeed fired.

If you're fired after you quit, what's the point. Cheesy

It's Slash and the others who kept saying they fired Scott though. Slash said they ignored him and froze him out for the last 6 months so Scott knew they were gonna get rid of him aka fire him. Fired, quit...whatever. I'm just going on what the people involved said themselves.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 10:20:50 AM »

Yeah, and what Scott had to say about that.  Oh the good times. hihi

"After reading the comment by Duff [McKagan, bassist], Matt [Sorum, drummer], Dave [Kushner, guitarist] and the illustrious Guitar Hero, Saul Hudson, a.k.a. Slash, I find it humorous that the so called four 'founding members' of Velvet Revolver, better known to themselves as 'the Project' before I officially named the band, would decide to move on without me after I had already claimed the group dead in the water on March 20 in Glasgow."

"In response to Slash's comment regarding my commitment, I have to say it is a blatant and tired excuse to cover up the truth. The truth of the matter is that the band had not gotten along on multiple levels for some time. On a musical level, there were moments of joy, inspiration, fun... at times, but lets not forget the multiple trips to rehab every member of the band had taken (with the exception of one member, no need to mention his name)."

Personally speaking, I choose to look forward to the future and performing with a group of friends I have known my entire life, people who have always had my back," Weiland continued. "This also speaks to my commitment to my music and my fellow bandmates in [STONE TEMPLE PILOTS] and to the fans who I feel would much rather watch a group of musicians who enjoy being together as opposed to a handful of discontents who at one time used to call themselves a gang."

Estranged85
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 10:51:19 AM »

Yes I remember that. Oh well VR is dead.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 11:22:10 AM »

I wouldn't even want to see them without Scott ... and I by no means was somebody who was lured to the band because of him or STP

id hope that if slash, matt, dave and duff worked together again... they wouldnt even use the name velvet revolver

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 05:22:33 PM »

I wonder if Myles is reconsidering his decision...from a recent interview.

Wasn't it around this time that Slash called you to audition for Velvet Revolver?

Myles Kennedy: They had reached out and asked if I'd be interested in auditioning and sent a demo. They'd sent four songs that were just essentially empty canvasses for me to put a melody and lyrics to. I actually worked on about three of the songs and recorded 'em in my little home studio and basically never sent 'em back. I respectfully bowed out because like I said that was that 2002 period and I still was pretty-for lack of a better word-kind of shell shocked from the last few years. Just burnt out and kind of lost my confidence.

So you could have theoretically been working with Slash from that Velvet Revolver period forwards.

Myles Kennedy: I never sent that back to him [laughs].

When you think back to your performances on that demo, how do they stand up for you?

Myles Kennedy: Honestly? I don't think it was my best work. Let's just put it that way. I think for whatever reason at that point in my life something wasn't clicking for me with what I was bringing to the party.

Do you ever regret not sending the demo to Slash?

Myles Kennedy: I think I made the right decision to be honest with you at that point in my life. I guess everything works out for a reason-fast forward 10 years later and I'm very happy with how things turned out. But yeah, I think the only people who ever heard those were a handful of friends and I might have played it for my brother or something [laughs]. I never even played it for Slash or anything.

When you heard the first Velvet Revolver album "Contraband" what were your thoughts?

Myles Kennedy: Honestly? I was really a fan. I thought when I first heard "Slither" and saw the video, I thought it was a perfect fit myself. That would have been right around when Alter Bridge was coming together and I think we were in the studio and I was just really impressed and I thought it was cool. Just as a fan I was totally cool with how it turned out and that's really the best way I can put it. Just as a fan, I thought it was cool.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/myles_kennedy_slash_is_cool_and_his_goals_are_the_same_as_mine.html

russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 11:18:25 PM »

I hope they get a new singer and start a whole new chapter in their history. I loved that band and they were the best live. And I hope the next singer is at least as good as Scott. I saw VR 4 times during 2005-08, the last time in January 2008 (has it been that long???), just a couple of months before the breakup. The weird thing was, and I can still visualize it in my mind, that the show was great but everyone on stage seemed really pissed off and there was no interaction or chemistry. Duff was aloof and clearly was not having a good time. Scott was doing his own thing. Slash put on a great show, but the tension was palpable, although at the time I had no idea the band was on the verge of a breakup. But in retrospect the whole thing makes sense.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2014, 05:11:12 AM »

SLASH: "Velvet Revolver has lead singer audition coming up"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAqcAWef_6g
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: