Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 12:44:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  iPod questions & tech support
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: iPod questions & tech support  (Read 25564 times)
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2005, 08:26:04 PM »

hmmm not bad considering that im not int he states, and i know tonnes of people in teh  CF and though you are not allowed to do it, yo0u can do it so long as you only use one ear plug...... that is if you are not using a headset... IE. not as a veh crewman or commander.. nor as a section leader on foot..... they mostly have ipods... either shuffles or minis... and a few use teh keys... but have or are planning to move to an Ipod cause they have totaled their keys at least once and those using the pods have not and have had them londer.... and they have all painted their cases a flat green (nonreflective) but would like a nice CADPAT pouch with molle on it to jsut alice them to the TV (tac vest) for teh headphones they use the cammo hydration system straw cover to hide the plain white cords.... works nice.... keeps it ran nice for a existing pouch.... too bad they mostly use it in a ammo pouch lol

So if some nice aftermarket maker is reading this... it would be real nice if ya could make one for us Wink

as for teh light disp. if the pouch was water proof and when you lifted teh lid a folding mesh would come up it would be good too.. easy to check your song list.. LOL

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
MCT
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2005, 10:35:22 PM »

hmmm not bad considering that im not int he states, and i know tonnes of people in teh? CF and though you are not allowed to do it, yo0u can do it so long as you only use one ear plug...... that is if you are not using a headset... IE. not as a veh crewman or commander.. nor as a section leader on foot..... they mostly have ipods... either shuffles or minis... and a few use teh keys... but have or are planning to move to an Ipod cause they have totaled their keys at least once and those using the pods have not and have had them londer.... and they have all painted their cases a flat green (nonreflective) but would like a nice CADPAT pouch with molle on it to jsut alice them to the TV (tac vest) for teh headphones they use the cammo hydration system straw cover to hide the plain white cords.... works nice.... keeps it ran nice for a existing pouch.... too bad they mostly use it in a ammo pouch lol

So if some nice aftermarket maker is reading this... it would be real nice if ya could make one for us Wink

as for teh light disp. if the pouch was water proof and when you lifted teh lid a folding mesh would come up it would be good too.. easy to check your song list.. LOL

Shut up.

... Roll Eyes...

And don't go cheatin'; you stupid idiot.
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2005, 10:58:57 AM »

So...If I?m not wrong, the Ipod comes with a charger, but if you buy the Dock you can charge it as well and it also works to play your Ipod files on a stereo?

Dot,

The IPOD will not play files directly onto your stereo, but you can buy an accessory called an ITRIP that fits into the headphone socket.

It then transmits a Radio signal, so you can tune your Radio in to directly interlink with your Ipod.

Brilliant for if your at a mates house, switch on your mates? stereo, tune into the ipod frequency you have selected and bam...theres your mp3's!

Brilliant technology...

I understand that, what I?m don?t have exactly clear is the use of the Apple Dock.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2005, 11:05:04 AM »

So...If I?m not wrong, the Ipod comes with a charger, but if you buy the Dock you can charge it as well and it also works to play your Ipod files on a stereo?

Dot,

The IPOD will not play files directly onto your stereo, but you can buy an accessory called an ITRIP that fits into the headphone socket.

It then transmits a Radio signal, so you can tune your Radio in to directly interlink with your Ipod.

Brilliant for if your at a mates house, switch on your mates  stereo, tune into the ipod frequency you have selected and bam...theres your mp3's!

Brilliant technology...

I understand that, what I?m don?t have exactly clear is the use of the Apple Dock.

The dock is just away for you to charge your Ipod ,that you can buy .

Basically it's just away for Apple to get more money . Cause you really don't need it.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2005, 01:27:41 PM »

i have to agree this time with WAT-EVER, i'm totally buggin , i see people buying Ipods and they think its the collest best thing , but i think its not , its very expensive and it does nothing outstanding , there are better mp3 players , i have to say that the Ipod its not bad but people dont seem to realize that they have other options and products to choose they just buy an Ipod , so well job made by Apple.

in the nintendo thing , you seem to like inovation and improvment in your gadgets and you choose nintendo? i think nintendo its a very good company but its really losing market due to his norrow mind in videogames , its funny because they keep claiming that they are the ones that inovate all the time , but they inovate in things that people dont seem to like very much (for example if you move the DS the stuff in the screen moves , like with the game of yoshi , its cool but it last 5 minutes and then its boring),  they didnt put internet option on the gamecube they didnt put dvd options , they just keep doing mario 421 and mario party 26. lets see what they do with the revolution.

Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2005, 08:05:47 PM »

Of course Apple has done a very very very good job in promoting their product..that?s a huge reason for their commercial succes, however, peopel buy the Ipod because Apple has been around in the computer/technology business for quite a while, so that makes them a brand you can trust......

There might be other better MP3 players, but let?s face it, few people like the unknown brands. BTW, you say there are better MP3s, which ones?

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2005, 09:58:08 PM »

There might be other better MP3 players, but let?s face it, few people like the unknown brands. BTW, you say there are better MP3s, which ones?

that's what I would like to know .

They also say that they cost  less . but for the sixe of the hard drive o0n the Ipod I have only notice around at the most a $30 price diffrents.

badapple81
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2005, 12:57:09 AM »

Has anyone here had the problem of the battery running out of recharge life? They aren't replaceable are they? I'll be screwed someday. Hopefully by that time anyway, I'll be looking at buying newer technology.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2005, 02:34:04 AM »

Yeah you can replace the battery ,but they don't sell them seperate , you can find Ipods that don't work for other stuff besides the battery and swap them .

But I heard it can be a bitch to do .

liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2005, 04:30:30 PM »

erm the rio Karma 20 GB is pretty funky
and also check out this link
http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000647046320/

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2005, 02:26:36 AM »

Ditch the fucking IPod and go for the Sony NE-701 player, what adv. does it have over the IPod?:
1) Cheaper by abt. $50
2) Flash memory based (1GB)
3) Battery life of upto 80 hrs. on a single NiCd battery!
4) Recharge by USB ( a 3min recharge lasts for upto 3hrs. of playback).
5) Ultra cool lookin!

Fuck 'Em All.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2005, 07:46:13 AM »

Ditch the fucking IPod and go for the Sony NE-701 player, what adv. does it have over the IPod?:
1) Cheaper by abt. $50

Well, of course it's gonna be cheaper if it's "only" 1Gb.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2005, 03:20:25 AM »

1) Cheaper by abt. $50

/jarmo

True, but 1GB is enough for most people... 4GB is overkill, unless ur using it as a portable hard drive, or insist on carrying ur entire music collection with u all the time...

Fuck 'Em All.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2005, 11:12:41 AM »

1) Cheaper by abt. $50

/jarmo

True, but 1GB is enough for most people... 4GB is overkill, unless ur using it as a portable hard drive, or insist on carrying ur entire music collection with u all the time...

I got a 15 gb Ipod and it still doesn't cary my entirer music colletion.

Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2005, 11:15:33 AM »

The more GBs it has the better for me.

Rocket_queen125
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2005, 02:17:32 PM »

hmmm not bad considering that im not int he states, and i know tonnes of people in teh  CF and though you are not allowed to do it, yo0u can do it so long as you only use one ear plug...... that is if you are not using a headset... IE. not as a veh crewman or commander.. nor as a section leader on foot..... they mostly have ipods... either shuffles or minis... and a few use teh keys... but have or are planning to move to an Ipod cause they have totaled their keys at least once and those using the pods have not and have had them londer.... and they have all painted their cases a flat green (nonreflective) but would like a nice CADPAT pouch with molle on it to jsut alice them to the TV (tac vest) for teh headphones they use the cammo hydration system straw cover to hide the plain white cords.... works nice.... keeps it ran nice for a existing pouch.... too bad they mostly use it in a ammo pouch lol

WOW!!! i dont mean to maybe down ur military but that is pathetic, your standing Watch, if its a professional watch all of your attention is to be focused towards your goals and objectives of the watch..not sweet chile o mine.. wow im very much glad that im not apart of that military
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2005, 05:19:14 PM »

I have the Creative Zen 20GB, bought it for about ?160...its fantastic, ive had no problems with it and i do recommend it,

anyone who buys sony is off their heads...you usually have to use their software which is as buggy as hell...and songs are stored in sonys own format and not mp3...

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2005, 08:01:47 PM »

erm the rio Karma 20 GB is pretty funky
and also check out this link
http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000647046320/

Agreed, I have one and it's awesome.
Prometheus
VIP

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2005, 12:21:13 PM »

1) Cheaper by abt. $50

/jarmo

its $50 cheaper then the shuffle from apple or from a standard Ipod?...

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Prometheus
VIP

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2005, 12:22:41 PM »

WOW!!! i dont mean to maybe down ur military but that is pathetic, your standing Watch, if its a professional watch all of your attention is to be focused towards your goals and objectives of the watch..not sweet chile o mine.. wow im very much glad that im not apart of that military

I guess i should of made it more clear... it is during feild work and patrol trainning..... though it has been done in afgan...... but its not in deployment for the most part.. and we dont deploy a huge amount Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: