Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 01:02:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Carrie Underwood covers November Rain and Paradise City
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Carrie Underwood covers November Rain and Paradise City  (Read 22665 times)
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2008, 12:09:27 PM »

i don't like female singers..and i haven't liked any of gnr covers..... but i was really impressed.  thought she did a great job...the band too.  thought it awesome...   better than any of the VR covers... the music was obviously better on the VR covers.. but her vocals were way better.   maybe she can be the new VR front man... the band won't even need to get her a new wordrobe.. she could just wear scott's fruit loop outfits

She's VR's only hope of survival.....Fergie just won't cut it..

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2008, 12:32:19 PM »

We're just not all one-dimensional, boring fucksticks like yourself.

i agree, i can't enjoy guns n'roses and maria carey at the same time, i'm really sorry to be so close minded sometimes.  rofl

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2008, 12:48:03 PM »

i don't like female singers..and i haven't liked any of gnr covers..... but i was really impressed.  thought she did a great job...the band too.  thought it awesome...   better than any of the VR covers... the music was obviously better on the VR covers.. but her vocals were way better.   maybe she can be the new VR front man... the band won't even need to get her a new wordrobe.. she could just wear scott's fruit loop outfits
Dude..what drugs are you on.. hihi 

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
TWAT RULES
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2008, 01:35:02 PM »

carrie underwood is a dallas cowboys fan, a guns n' roses fan, and fucking hotter than hell......i think i've just found the most perfect woman on the planet!!!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 01:39:48 PM by TWAT RULES » Logged
cattye
Headliner

queen of tumbledown

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2008, 01:48:16 PM »

I love Guns N Roses (have since AFD days), but I also like lots of other music.  I really like Carrie Underwood.  I think she did good on these covers (Paradise City is still way better by GNR/Axl tho). 

Forgive them that tear down my soul
Bless them that they might grow old
And free them so that they may know
That it's never too late
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2008, 02:46:50 PM »

i agree, i can't enjoy guns n'roses and maria carey at the same time, i'm really sorry to be so close minded sometimes.  rofl

1. You're a dipshit.  Where the hell did the Mariah Carey reference come from?
2. I sure as hell would be able to enjoy Mariah Carey while listening to some GNR ! ! !  drool
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2008, 04:53:00 PM »

2. I sure as hell would be able to enjoy Mariah Carey while listening to some GNR ! ! !  drool

What is with all the name calling because someone happens to have a different opinion, and I might add, one that I agree with.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2008, 05:00:10 PM »

What is with all the name calling because someone happens to have a different opinion, and I might add, one that I agree with.

Yeah but you're Fuckin Crazy.   Grin

And if you agree that you can't like Rock N Roll and other types of music at the same time then that's your problem man.  What we're not supposed to say anything to anyone that shares an opinion with you?
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2008, 05:00:44 PM »

She Is COOL... excelents Covers...

ThNKx by news

beer

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2008, 07:26:39 PM »

lack of vocabulary maybe, Mister I-eat-caviar-and-shit at the same meal ?

replace mariah carey by shakira or whatever you call an artist and i call a product.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2008, 07:42:20 PM »

I am very glad I took a listen.  I think we've got ourselves an American Idol Guns fan!  Sweet! 

I still think November Rain is tough for her to pull off, but she really does Paradise City pretty damn well.  To me, the key is her ability to hold the note at the end of a line, and she does it quite well.

beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2008, 07:56:23 PM »

Yes there not bad at all peace
And she is a very good singer and its cool shes a fan of Guns...and She IS very HOT.. ok

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2008, 08:42:14 PM »

you got to love it.....in the midlle of a pop/country/country pop concert, a balls out rock show erupts!!!!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2008, 08:45:05 PM »

you got to love it.....in the midlle of a pop/country/country pop concert, a balls out rock show erupts!!!!

I think Christina Aguilera's gotta a better voice and pull it off better :hihi:but Carrie's damn good!!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2008, 08:47:46 PM »

I think Christina Aguilera's gotta a better voice and pull it off better :hihi:but Carrie's damn good!!

Love to see either Carrie or Christina playing with the boys though:Slash, Duff, Matt and Izzy hihi

though carries band is admirable Roll Eyes
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2008, 08:50:46 PM »

Carrie's band are all out rockers trapt in session players bodies.  they love when its their time to shine.  That is so cool that she lets them cut loose and have a good time!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2008, 09:01:22 PM »

Love to see either Carrie or Christina playing with the boys though:Slash, Duff, Matt and Izzy hihi

though carries band is admirable Roll Eyes

can anyone see slash and the boys doing something with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWj5zVpKVXI
AbominableHoman
Headliner

Cold Hearth Breaker. Fit Ta' Burn

« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2008, 09:36:23 PM »

I don't know who the fuck "Carrie Underwood" is (other then dating Tony Romo). I think she did a fairly good job of covering November Rain, and Paradise City. I think people are ignorant to bring up American Idol, and "she didn't write her own songs".

What does that have to do with her covering a song decently? Rock-elitist tools.

Sure! F*ck it! That's your answer! Tattoo it on your forehead! Your answer to everything!
www.myspace.com/guns_n_roses
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2008, 09:42:03 PM »

I don't know who the fuck "Carrie Underwood" is (other then dating Tony Romo). I think she did a fairly good job of covering November Rain, and Paradise City. I think people are ignorant to bring up American Idol, and "she didn't write her own songs".

What does that have to do with her covering a song decently? Rock-elitist tools.

This tool thinks that artistic talent should be a prerequisite to obtaining a label contract.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
AbominableHoman
Headliner

Cold Hearth Breaker. Fit Ta' Burn

« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2008, 09:44:37 PM »

This tool thinks that artistic talent should be a prerequisite to obtaining a label contract.

What does that have to do with her musical performance of November Rain? Nothing. So therefore there wasn't really a point of bringing this into the thread. It's not like we're discussing how great her last CD was.

Quit taking grumpy pills.

Sure! F*ck it! That's your answer! Tattoo it on your forehead! Your answer to everything!
www.myspace.com/guns_n_roses
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: