Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:36:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here  (Read 142328 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2007, 01:06:40 PM »

speaking of fantasy football.....i have my draft tonight and i'm picking 6th.

my top 5 are:

1. LT
2. Addai
3. SJ
4. LJ
5. gore

assuming those are the top 5 picked, who would you pick at 6? any thoughts would be appreciated!? ok

my main options are:

1. alexander - personally, not a big fan of him. but even if his best days are behind him, he's probably a lock for 1200 yards and 8 TDs

2. parker - i like him alot, but am a little concerned pitt is gonna use their backups more this year.

3. travis henry - i LOVE henry. but am VERY concerned about drafting a denver RB. seems like shannahan gets bored and just starts using everyone.

4. westbrook - hometown favorite. carried me to a title last year.

other options are maroney, ronnie brown, rudi johnson.

My league had to draft early...it's our 10th season, so I've had a little bit of experience with fantasy football.  12 team league, great stuff.

Now, sandman's running back.  6th out of 12 teams or 10 teams or 8 teams?  If it's a traditional scoring system 4 points for qb touchdowns, obviously Manning falls to the 2nd round, but if qb's get 6 for tds he's a cinch to go in the end of the 1st round.

We switched to an auction-style draft about 3 years ago and haven't looked back...I highly recommend that format btw. 
Alexander, 1200 and 8???  Try a lock for 1300 and 12 if healthy.  I'd put westbrook ahead of henry, but both scare me and I'll tell you why, both aren't super durable.  Here's the other thing, westbrook will not have goal-line duties.  I think he'll make some hay with receiving yards like he always does, but his td's might suffer...Buckhalter and hunt will steal alot of tds.  Nobody will steal tds from alexander. 

Is it a keeper league?  Obviously, that makes a big difference as well.  Damn, ya got me started talking fantasy football...I'll never stop talking now!!!
Good luck in the draft...if you don't get Manning, don't sweat grabbing a qb for a while...same with Gates.  Grab Vincent Jackson late and you'll have a sweet WR2.   Wink

btw, I'd even take alexander over LJ.  I just think the chiefs o-line is a disaster.  LT, SJ, JA, are top 3 right now.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2007, 01:14:13 PM »

speaking of fantasy football.....i have my draft tonight and i'm picking 6th.

my top 5 are:

1. LT
2. Addai
3. SJ
4. LJ
5. gore

assuming those are the top 5 picked, who would you pick at 6? any thoughts would be appreciated! ok

my main options are:

1. alexander - personally, not a big fan of him. but even if his best days are behind him, he's probably a lock for 1200 yards and 8 TDs

2. parker - i like him alot, but am a little concerned pitt is gonna use their backups more this year.

3. travis henry - i LOVE henry. but am VERY concerned about drafting a denver RB. seems like shannahan gets bored and just starts using everyone.

4. westbrook - hometown favorite. carried me to a title last year.

other options are maroney, ronnie brown, rudi johnson.

First off I have to disagree having Addai second. Yes, he's gonna be the only guy running the ball in Indy. However the colts are gonna be hurting in blocking with Glenn gone. And Addai is a second year guy that hasn't boasted any numbers close to Stephen Jackson or Larry Johnson. I would suspect Addai may yet be available for your sixth pick.

With that being said I'll give my top 5 fantasy picks.

1) LT
2)Stephen Jackson
3)Larry Johnson
4)Frank Gore
5)Shawn Alexander

And here's what I think about you 6th pick...

Alexander would be a great pick, he comes back healthy, still has a decent qb and o-line. He would not be a bad 6th pick, after all he is a proven fantasy performer and team work horse. He's easily my number 5 back in the draft.

Willie Parker wouldn't be bad a pick either, but you know Alexander will be the work-horse and redzone guy. With Parker and Pittsburg you know that he'll be a featured back but will he lose out on redzone carries/goal-line carries?

I'm not too big on Travis Henry. He's been side-lined with injuries for parts every season he's played except one. He had 2 decent years in buffalo but was tossed aside do to his injuries and fumble problems. Than didn't do all too great in Tennessee. He was decent last year but with his history of injuries and based on his mediocre career, I just don't see how he all of a sudden should be considered a top back. No way should this guy be a number 6 pick. Hell I would'nt put him in the first round.

Brian Westbrook could be a good pick. The guys great on yards both rushing and recieving but based on his career its kind of questionable rather the guy will get you touchdowns. The eagles don't really have anybody else in the backfield, I don't count buckhalter anymore, worthy of taking big carries away from westbrook. IF he and mcnabb stay healthy westbrook should have a great year.

I also would throw in Rudy Johnson. The guy has been nothing but a solid fantasy performer the last 3 years. And it looks like he's prime for another solid year. At the 6th pick in the draft the suposed "star" running backs are usually taken, but Rudy Johnson is a solid performer at the cup being a star also worthy of a 6th pick.

Regardless of how I talk about the other guys, one back still sticks out for me at the 6th slot in any draft. If Sean Alexander is available, take him. I do not believe you will be dissappointed. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2007, 04:05:53 PM »

So there ya go!  I agree with High Times just about 100%...and I'm not biased based on the fact I drafted Alexander in a $100 auction league for 25% of my cap, $25.  (LT went for $45 and Steven Jackson went for $32)

Yes, I agree that S Jax is #2 in a traditional snake draft, Addai probably #3...but it's a toss-up.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Alexander won't be available at 6.  If he is, grab him and smile!  Alexander, even in his glory days (which was at any point before the broken foot he had last season), was never a highlight reel guy like Reggie Bush or Thomlinson.  He may not have Hutchinson anymore on the O-line, but Walter Jones is amaaaazing.

Why Addai over Westbrook?  Goal-line carries and opponents trying to stop Peyton Manning opens up the run.  Plus, big leads equals lots of garbage time rushing yards.

Although, I can understand your desire to have the hometown boy Westbrook at running back.  I'm a huge Vikings fan and grabbed Adrian Peterson.  I'm signing him to a 5 year deal...obviously I think he'll be a stud.

Personally, I prefer Gore to parker, henry and westbrook.  LJ too.  I think LJ will dip this year, but he'll still be the main man and get you stud numbers.

LT, SJax, LJ, JA, SA, FG, RJ, WP, BW, LM...those are probably my top 10 off the top of my head...running backs that is.  If I was up near 8-10 and I got 6 point tds at qb I might be tempted to grab Peyton, I think he'll have a monster year.

BTW, we should probably have a Fantasy football thread.  It would be cool to dissect each others' teams, etc.  Just an idea.   peace 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2007, 12:08:26 AM »

Pats' Harrison to be barred 4 games for admitted HGH use
By Chris Mortensen and Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

New England Patriots strong safety Rodney Harrison will be suspended by the NFL for four games, sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen, after admitting to federal investigators and to league officials that he used Human Growth Hormone.

In a late Friday night conference call, Harrison acknowledged the suspension, which he said will be announced on Saturday.

"I want to make it clear," Harrison said, "that never once did I take steroids. I did admit to the commissioner that I took a banned substance."

Harrison said that his actions stemmed from his desire to "accelerate the healing process" from his various injuries the past two seasons.

Harrison had a hearing with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Friday, the sources said.

A league spokesman said Friday the NFL will not comment on the Harrison case. A Patriots source told ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli that the team is aware of the sanction against the 13-year veteran and is "dealing with it." The team source declined to say when the Patriots became aware of Harrison's involvement.

Harrison used the conference call to apologize to team officials and to his teammates, and to caution young people against using performance enhancers.

"I've made no excuses and I will not make excuses," Harrison said. "I sent the wrong message with my actions. This is a mistake and this is something that I've done."

League sources confirmed to ESPN and ESPN.com that at least one NFL assistant coach has also been questioned in recent months by investigators as part of the probe. Sources said that the coach remains a person of interest in the investigation.

The Albany (N.Y.) Times-Union reported earlier this year that an unnamed NFL team physician used a personal credit card to purchase $150,000 in testosterone and HGH last year. The physician told investigators the drugs were for legitimate prescriptions.

The admission by Harrison has not been made public, but his name was among those known to federal and New York officials conducting a large-scale investigation into an Internet pharmaceutical distribution ring for steroids and other performance enhancers, such as HGH.

The investigation was instigated by the Albany County district attorney, and involved New York Bureau of Narcotics Enforcement agents and an Orlando, Fla,-based federal task force. In February, state and federal agents and representatives from other law enforcement entities raided two Signature Pharmacy outlets in Orlando, and several Florida clinics alleged to have supplied prescriptions for performance enhancers to professional athletes.

Also, the owners of Applied Pharmacy Services in Mobile, Ala., which is alleged to have provided performance enhancing drugs to athletes were indicted in Albany County.

As part of the Florida and Alabama raids, it is believed that investigators discovered the names of several athletes, but it is not known if Harrison was among them.

Earlier this year, Albany County district attorney David Soares said that he would provide the NFL, Major League Baseball and any other leagues the names of players believed to have made purchases through the alleged distribution ring.

NFL and Major League Baseball officials subsequently traveled to Albany to meet with Soares and other investigators.

The loss of Harrison would certainly be a blow to the Patriots, who have struggled each of the past three seasons with devastating injuries in the secondary. And it would be a setback for Harrison, who has been limited to only 13 games over the last two seasons because of serious injuries.

Coach Bill Belichick and vice president of personnel Scott Pioli have worked hard to build depth in the secondary unit, but their efforts seem to be annually undermined.

Harrison, 34, has begun to decline a bit, but is still regarded as one of the league's most physical safeties, and a leader on the New England defense. He signed with the Patriots in 2003 as a free agent, after being released by the San Diego Chargers, with whom he spent the first nine seasons of his career.

It is likely that Harrison will be replaced in the lineup by either third-year veteran James Sanders or rookie Brandon Meriweather, the team's first-round pick this year.

The four-game suspension will cost Harrison $470,588 of his scheduled 2007 base salary of $2 million.

It marks the second suspension of Harrison's career. In 2002, he was suspended one game by the league for a helmet-to-helmet hit on then-Oakland Raiders wide receiver Jerry Rice. Harrison has also been fined over $200,000 by the league for his aggressive play.

Chris Mortensen is an NFL analyst for ESPN. Len Pasquarelli is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2999994
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2007, 01:20:03 AM »

ESPN.com

New England Patriots strong safety Rodney Harrison will be suspended by the NFL for four games, sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen, after admitting to federal investigators and to league officials that he used Human Growth Hormone.

In a late Friday night conference call, Harrison acknowledged the suspension, which he said will be announced on Saturday.

"I want to make it clear," Harrison said, "that never once did I take steroids. I did admit to the commissioner that I took a banned substance."

Harrison said that his actions stemmed from his desire to "accelerate the healing process" from his various injuries the past two seasons.

Harrison had a hearing with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Friday, the sources said.

A league spokesman said Friday the NFL will not comment on the Harrison case. A Patriots source told ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli that the team is aware of the sanction against the 13-year veteran and is "dealing with it." The team source declined to say when the Patriots became aware of Harrison's involvement.

Harrison used the conference call to apologize to team officials and to his teammates, and to caution young people against using performance enhancers.

"I've made no excuses and I will not make excuses," Harrison said. "I sent the wrong message with my actions. This is a mistake and this is something that I've done."

League sources confirmed to ESPN and ESPN.com that at least one NFL assistant coach has also been questioned in recent months by investigators as part of the probe. Sources said that the coach remains a person of interest in the investigation.

The Albany (N.Y.) Times-Union reported earlier this year that an unnamed NFL team physician used a personal credit card to purchase $150,000 in testosterone and HGH last year. The physician told investigators the drugs were for legitimate prescriptions.

The admission by Harrison has not been made public, but his name was among those known to federal and New York officials conducting a large-scale investigation into an Internet pharmaceutical distribution ring for steroids and other performance enhancers, such as HGH.

The investigation was instigated by the Albany County district attorney, and involved New York Bureau of Narcotics Enforcement agents and an Orlando, Fla,-based federal task force. In February, state and federal agents and representatives from other law enforcement entities raided two Signature Pharmacy outlets in Orlando, and several Florida clinics alleged to have supplied prescriptions for performance enhancers to professional athletes.

Also, the owners of Applied Pharmacy Services in Mobile, Ala., which is alleged to have provided performance enhancing drugs to athletes were indicted in Albany County.

As part of the Florida and Alabama raids, it is believed that investigators discovered the names of several athletes, but it is not known if Harrison was among them.

Earlier this year, Albany County district attorney David Soares said that he would provide the NFL, Major League Baseball and any other leagues the names of players believed to have made purchases through the alleged distribution ring.

NFL and Major League Baseball officials subsequently traveled to Albany to meet with Soares and other investigators.

The loss of Harrison would certainly be a blow to the Patriots, who have struggled each of the past three seasons with devastating injuries in the secondary. And it would be a setback for Harrison, who has been limited to only 13 games over the last two seasons because of serious injuries.

Coach Bill Belichick and vice president of personnel Scott Pioli have worked hard to build depth in the secondary unit, but their efforts seem to be annually undermined.

Harrison, 34, has begun to decline a bit, but is still regarded as one of the league's most physical safeties, and a leader on the New England defense. He signed with the Patriots in 2003 as a free agent, after being released by the San Diego Chargers, with whom he spent the first nine seasons of his career.

It is likely that Harrison will be replaced in the lineup by either third-year veteran James Sanders or rookie Brandon Meriweather, the team's first-round pick this year.

The four-game suspension will cost Harrison $470,588 of his scheduled 2007 base salary of $2 million.

It marks the second suspension of Harrison's career. In 2002, he was suspended one game by the league for a helmet-to-helmet hit on then-Oakland Raiders wide receiver Jerry Rice. Harrison has also been fined over $200,000 by the league for his aggressive play.

Chris Mortensen is an NFL analyst for ESPN. Len Pasquarelli is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.

So, testosterone and HGH aren't considered steroids, but if they have similar performance enhancing capabilities, then Harrison saying "I didn't take steroids" is really splitting hairs.  However, I think the Pats have taken advantage of a little known clause, wherein Harrison's usage was balanced out be an equal usage of estrogen by Tom Brady.  Kiss

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2007, 01:48:00 AM »

Either way he's not playing until october and thats all that matters.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2007, 11:26:51 AM »

ESPN.com

So, testosterone and HGH aren't considered steroids, but if they have similar performance enhancing capabilities, then Harrison saying "I didn't take steroids" is really splitting hairs.? However, I think the Pats have taken advantage of a little known clause, wherein Harrison's usage was balanced out be an equal usage of estrogen by Tom Brady.? Kiss
My boy Tommy is doing just fine for himself thank you very much.  If it takes estrogen to bang Giselle Bundchen, sign me up.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2007, 11:32:29 AM »

As for Rodney, that's a bit of a blow to the Pats.  He's one of their emotional leaders on defense, along with Tedy Bruschi.  The definite leader of the secondary.  They're far worse off without him.  Obviously taking HGH is not a good thing but I kind of feel bad for the guy.  His last 2 seasons have been cut short by freak injuries.  Last season he actually came back from an injury only to get chop blocked in the last game of the regular season (chep shot) to end his year.  Trying to speed up the healing process to get back on the field, commendable but if you do the crime, you gotta do the time I guess.  I'm sure there's a LOT MORE of this going on around the league than we know about.  Maybe this will cause a domino effect.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2007, 07:23:34 PM »

As for Rodney, that's a bit of a blow to the Pats.  He's one of their emotional leaders on defense, along with Tedy Bruschi.  The definite leader of the secondary.  They're far worse off without him.  Obviously taking HGH is not a good thing but I kind of feel bad for the guy.  His last 2 seasons have been cut short by freak injuries.  Last season he actually came back from an injury only to get chop blocked in the last game of the regular season (chep shot) to end his year.  Trying to speed up the healing process to get back on the field, commendable but if you do the crime, you gotta do the time I guess.  I'm sure there's a LOT MORE of this going on around the league than we know about.  Maybe this will cause a domino effect.

Oh i'm sure there is in all leagues since its undetectable currently. They need to find a way to test for HGH.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2007, 11:14:15 AM »

As for Rodney, that's a bit of a blow to the Pats.? He's one of their emotional leaders on defense, along with Tedy Bruschi.? The definite leader of the secondary.? They're far worse off without him.? Obviously taking HGH is not a good thing but I kind of feel bad for the guy.? His last 2 seasons have been cut short by freak injuries.? Last season he actually came back from an injury only to get chop blocked in the last game of the regular season (chep shot) to end his year.? Trying to speed up the healing process to get back on the field, commendable but if you do the crime, you gotta do the time I guess.? I'm sure there's a LOT MORE of this going on around the league than we know about.? Maybe this will cause a domino effect.

Oh i'm sure there is in all leagues since its undetectable currently. They need to find a way to test for HGH.

They do have a way for testing HGH. They say it can be found with a simple blood test. The problem is all of the major unions for professional sports have been adament about not allowing blood tests, escpecially major leauge baseball. Players know right now they can't be caught unless their name pops up on a doctors list. So now they'll just be more carefull about buying it. It would be my estimation that at LEAST 50-60% of prof atheltes in mlb or nfl have taken or are currently taking a hgh or similar performance enhancing drug. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2007, 11:10:32 AM »

Well, I can tell by the lack of discussion that fans of the OTHER 31 teams are a bit worried that the Colts are "that good"...or disappointed because they picked Brees and Bush in the fantasy draft.

Seriously...the NFC is like JV. 

hihi

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2007, 06:37:55 PM »

They do have a way for testing HGH. They say it can be found with a simple blood test. The problem is all of the major unions for professional sports have been adament about not allowing blood tests, escpecially major leauge baseball. Players know right now they can't be caught unless their name pops up on a doctors list. So now they'll just be more carefull about buying it. It would be my estimation that at LEAST 50-60% of prof atheltes in mlb or nfl have taken or are currently taking a hgh or similar performance enhancing drug. smoking

Why the hell do we as consumers in this sports market allow this shit???  God, the fucking unions piss me off.  I know they deserve the big salaries, I'm cool with that, but by not allowing blood tests...what the hell is their reasoning?!?

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2007, 03:50:32 PM »

Nice start to the season by my Steelers.

Big Ben put up some nice numbers.  4 TDs!!!

Defense was amazing too.  But, its Cleveland so.....   hihi

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2007, 04:34:17 PM »

The Browns looked like a JV high school squad.

The Green Bay/Philly game was fantastic.  Brett Favre will make the SportsCenter Top 10 for sure tonight.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2007, 08:21:50 PM »

How 'bout my Vikes and Adrian Peterson???  Ahh, what a great day.  Smiley
Also, let me apologize to Chad Pennington, that guy has some balls.  In an earlier post I questioned his arm (which I still think is a little soft) but the guy is accurate and today he showed he's got guts , that's for sure.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2007, 07:49:04 PM »

Sources: Camera confiscated after claims of Pats spying on Jets
By Chris Mortensen
ESPN.com

NFL security confiscated a video camera and its tape from a New England Patriots employee on the team's sideline during Sunday's game against the Jets in a suspected spying incident, sources said.

The camera and its tape were placed in a sealed box and forwarded to the league office for investigation, the sources said.

"The rule is that no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game," the league said in a statement from spokesman Greg Aiello. "Clubs have specifically been reminded in the past that the videotaping of an opponent's offensive or defensive signals on the sidelines is prohibited.

"We are looking into whether the Patriots violated this rule."

The Patriots' cameraman was suspected of aiming his camera at the Jets' defensive coaches who were sending signals to their unit on the field, the sources said. The league also is investigating some radio frequency issues that occurred during the game.

The league's competition committee could conduct a conference call about the incident, which violates NFL policy, and ultimately recommend a penalty that could cost the Patriots a future draft pick or picks if it verifies that the team was spying on the Jets.

"It's not their first time," a member of the committee, who did not wish to be identified, said.

In fact, Green Bay Packers president Bob Harlan confirmed a similar incident that occurred when the Patriots played at Lambeau Field last Nov. 19. The same cameraman who was questioned by NFL security on Sunday was also the one whom the Packers removed from the sideline and escorted from the field during their 2006 game, according to Packers security official Doug Collins.

"From what I can remember, he had quite a fit when we took him out," Harlan said. "We had gotten word before the game that they [the Patriots] did this sort of thing, so we were looking for it."

A Jets official declined comment Monday, directing an inquiry to the league office. The Patriots also did not have immediate comment.

"With anything along those lines, those are all league-related matters, and anything that deals with an issue like this or anything on a team-by-team basis, those all go to the league," coach Eric Mangini said in his news conference Monday.

New England cornerback Ellis Hobbs said he was unaware of the controversy, and unwilling to believe his team had cheated.

"We put too many hours in as individuals and a team to have to go out and cheat," he said. "If it's true, obviously, we're in the wrong. But I'm standing behind my team, my coaches. I don't think we do that stuff."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3012989

Great now we have to wonder if this is why new england has been so good cause they're cheating.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2007, 08:42:39 PM »

I think this whole video thing is laughable. It's like complaining that a runner on second in baseball is stealing signs...
If they are taping the defensive calls it wouldn't help them until the next time they meet. And if the Jets havent altered their game plans and calls by that point they should give up. Even if you know what is comming you still have to execute the plays on offense.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2007, 09:05:52 PM »

Great now we have to wonder if this is why new england has been so good cause they're cheating.

I think this whole video thing is laughable. It's like complaining that a runner on second in baseball is stealing signs...
If they are taping the defensive calls it wouldn't help them until the next time they meet. And if the Jets havent altered their game plans and calls by that point they should give up. Even if you know what is comming you still have to execute the plays on offense.

Having witnessed a (college) football game where one team stole the offensive signs (when there was an agreement in place to not do so), I can confirm that it makes a difference.  A coach bragged about it, so the news got out, and later one of the sign stealing team's defenders claimed that the defense knew 9/10 plays that were coming.  Needless to say, they created quite a few turnovers, and won by 30+ points. 

Of course, I don't know that NE did anything wrong.  But if they did, it can certainly help.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2007, 10:21:03 PM »

Having witnessed a (college) football game where one team stole the offensive signs (when there was an agreement in place to not do so), I can confirm that it makes a difference.? A coach bragged about it, so the news got out, and later one of the sign stealing team's defenders claimed that the defense knew 9/10 plays that were coming.? Needless to say, they created quite a few turnovers, and won by 30+ points.?

Of course, I don't know that NE did anything wrong.? But if they did, it can certainly help.

I'm not saying it doesn't make a difference, but for instance, the Clevland Browns could have been given the Steelers Playbook and a script of the first twenty plays and they couldn't have stopped them because they are that bad. You still have to execute...

Randy Moss also didn't make a 51 yard Touchdown catch in triple coverage because he knew their protections. Signal stealing or not they were the best team on that field Sunday, and for fifteen more games, they will field the better team on that day as well.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2007, 12:10:18 AM »

I'm not saying it doesn't make a difference, but for instance, the Clevland Browns could have been given the Steelers Playbook and a script of the first twenty plays and they couldn't have stopped them because they are that bad. You still have to execute...

Randy Moss also didn't make a 51 yard Touchdown catch in triple coverage because he knew their protections.

Oh, there's no question they're better than the Jets, and knowing a defensive scheme is less likely to net you a clear advantage than knowing an offensive play.  After all, if you know the exact route that will be run by a receiver, for example, you can undercut the route and get a pick more often than you normally would. 

Signal stealing or not they were the best team on that field Sunday, and for fifteen more games, they will field the better team on that day as well.

YAWN. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: