Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:59:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  [football] FIFA's Southafrica 2010 World Cup
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [football] FIFA's Southafrica 2010 World Cup  (Read 148355 times)
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #800 on: July 11, 2010, 08:35:44 PM »

Congrats Spain !

Barcelona is world cup champion !  rofl

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #801 on: July 11, 2010, 10:11:20 PM »

I knew Spain would win.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #802 on: July 11, 2010, 10:14:51 PM »

Emotion is clearly something alien to you. Anyway like I said I'm off to the bar.

No, but some things are better kept to yourself.

You can't use "I was upset" as an excuse can you?

"I'm sorry for beating the shit out of that guy at the bar, but I was upset". Does that work?

ESPA?A CARAJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Cry, Holland, cry!!!!!!

Fuuuck, I yelled so much when Iniesta scored that goal!!

Ok. I knew you supported Brazil... And England.

Spain too?

Any teams, besides Holland, that you didn't support in the World Cup?  Tongue

/jarmo

LOL! Wtf?!

I never said I was supporting Spain...

Can't I celebrate their victory? I'm very happy they won, that's all. Can't I be happy for a team that won a very deserved Cup? For a team I developed great respect during this World Cup? Can't I be happy that they beat a team that I do not like?

And then I'm the bitter one..........

ESPA?A CARAJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Cry, Holland, cry!!!!!!

Fuuuck, I yelled so much when Iniesta scored that goal!!

What, so I guess Spain is your 3rd team, or is there more we don't know about.  Roll Eyes

And why with the stupid comments like "cry Holland cry"?. They made it to the final, using just their feet, no hands whatsoever. (imagine that Tongue). And they deserve respect, not smart ass comments like yours.

Even after what Germany did to England, I supported them throughout. And showed them respect, you seem to just glory hog every team you fancy to win or do well.

Alot of people have caught you out in this thread, by supporting multiple teams that suit you. And I think it makes you look extremely foolish to say the least.

Because I don't like them. Period.

Who caught me out doing what when? And what multiple teams do I support, oh, please tell me, Mr. Smarty Pants? I support two teams: one of them is Brazil, because it's my home country, the other one is England, because I used to live there and learned to enjoy the English football very much. I only supported Uruguay this World Cup, and this World Cup only, because it was the only team that had one player which plays in my home team, the one that, for me, is above Brazil and everything else. This Uruguayan player made my team win a championship we hadn't won in 4 years. So, not only me, but a whole lot of Brazilians were supporting Uruguay for this reason. And also because this Uruguayan team reminded us a lot, in many ways, of my home team too.

However, I'm also a fan of football. The World Cup didn't end for me when Brazil was sent home. And since I like seeing good football being played, I guess I have the right to LIKE (which is different from SUPPORT) other teams too? I like Spain and I respect them a great deal for all they've built in the last few years. I like Bar?a too (though I prefer Real Madrid), and I was incredibly disappointed when Spain lost to Switzerland, but in the next few games I saw it was nothing near what was yet to come. I like Germany for the beautiful football they presented us with, for example. For me, Brazil isn't above football. If I turn on the TV and there's a football match of teams that I never even heard of, I'll watch it, because I like the sport, not just one or two teams.

Oh, and if you read all my posts in this thread with that much attention, and if you claim that many people have "caught me out", you would know when I said that I put Spain as the winner on a sweepstake I took part on, which is worth a lot of money.

Now, see, you don't know the first thing about me, so shut up and stop saying that bullshit, because you're the one who's gonna start looking foolish. ok
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 11:12:48 PM by Mandy. » Logged
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #803 on: July 11, 2010, 10:18:10 PM »

My regreat is that the US didn't go farther or Italy didn't win.

Joe

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #804 on: July 11, 2010, 11:58:42 PM »

Congrats to Spain! Euro and World Champions! beer

They won it by 1 - 0 again!

Webb did a good job in such a tense final, with a lot of fouls. I don't think anyone can complain about the red card, it was long overdue. That boot in Alonso's chest should have been a straight red card. Anyway awesome job by the Spanish: Nadal and now the football World Cup.

Oh so I guess you missed how puyol should've been send off?, or iniesta diving? or not giving the dutch a corner in such a critical phase of the match?......anyway i'm better of not debating this with anyone right now.
I'm off to the pub

There were quite a few incorrect decisions, but in this case, I don't think it was unjust in any way. The Dutch didn't deserve to win that match, simple. Nine yellow cards? Almost the entire team booked? What do you have to say about the spate of stupid challenges they made? They were lucky not to have a red card in the first half of the match itself. That certainly would have changed the game. Spain committed their share of fouls, but were the better of the two in that regard, I thought.

I don't think Iniesta dived. There was contact, an arm across the shoulder. Yes, he seemed to go down too easily, but at the edge of the penalty area, the defender should have been more careful. Especially since he was already booked. Maybe he should have been more careful and not gotten that first yellow card in the first place? A dive for instance is a Ghana player diving to get a free kick which led to the Suarez hand ball incident. But since clearly, people on this board have no problem with that, the Iniesta foul is nothing by comparison.

Fuck 'Em All.
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #805 on: July 12, 2010, 12:02:21 AM »

Oh, the mystery of Paul The Octopus continues. 8 out of 8 correct. Grin

Fuck 'Em All.
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #806 on: July 12, 2010, 12:42:22 AM »

Hahaha seems like it I am supprised you keept count!

Joe

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #807 on: July 12, 2010, 01:13:49 AM »

Does he now get to retire to a well deserved life of psychic Octopus stud? 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #808 on: July 12, 2010, 01:21:35 AM »

Hahaha seems like it I am supprised you keept count!

Joe

It's front page news here for some reason.

Fuck 'Em All.
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #809 on: July 12, 2010, 02:10:19 AM »

It's ironic that when a player like Robben, who's one of the best at what he does, decided not to dive, he's not awarded a penalty/free kick.

He's been criticized for falling too easily and when he keeps going, he doesn't get the decision his way like he deserved...

Ironic.

It's no wonder players fall so easily. It seems to be the only way to get a free kick/penalty!

But's it's slowly ruining the games.... More and more acting instead of actual playing.

/jarmo

what play are you talking about? the one when Puyol was grabing Robben as he was entering the area?

i think Puyol made a foul but it was outside the penalty area, if Robben fell in that one then Puyol would had been sent of indeed, but no penalty.

i agree in the diving thing, its just so pathetic when players keep doing that stuff, and i do think its a problem in football.
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #810 on: July 12, 2010, 03:26:52 AM »

Puyol should have been yellow carded and sent off. But then, you can talk about Nigel de Jong. I thought overall, it all evened out.

Fuck 'Em All.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #811 on: July 12, 2010, 04:47:44 AM »

Thank you all for the congratulations wishes  beer

The whole country is upside down.- I'd never thought winning the World Cup brought so much joy. People are even saying this is what Spain needed to get out of the crisis/recession (this is obviously bullshit although everybody has gone to work happier and drunker today that's for sure).

This was the only achievement Spain as a nation had never accomplished in sports, but now we got it   Cheesy

As for the match itself, it was what you would expect from a World Cup Final. The dutch were a bit rough, but we knew that anyway. Robben and Sneider though are terrific players. Everytime they had the ball, you knew Holland could have a chance. I really don't understand why Real Madrid got rid off them.

Spain tried to impose the tempo. Nothing unusual, we had a few chances on the first and second half. We could've scored a few times, but so did the dutch. Ramos had a few headers he should've just put in. In the end, it had to be Iniesta, after a good ball recovery and pass from Fabregas, who scored the goal. I don't think I'd made it alive had the match gone the penalty kicks.

The ref was pretty bad, although I don't think he interfere with the ending result. He made some mistakes on both ends, probably should've sent off De Jong and Vam Bommel and maybe he should've called Puyol's foul and showed him red. However, I'm not too sure if Robben was conditioned on that play. To me it seemed like he got a clean shot in the end (I will have to view that video again though). Had he fallen, the ref would probably called the penalty, but Robben kept the ball and approached Casillas once freed of Puyol.

Forlan pbest player of the World Cup?? http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/11/world-cup-2010-diego-forlan

« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 06:58:44 AM by Ignatius » Logged
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #812 on: July 12, 2010, 09:35:25 AM »

I know this doesnt have much to do with the world cup, but do any of you guys feel any sadness for Raul, the incredible Madrid hero?

He deserved this world cup. A similar case than Robbie Baggio, the most outstanding player i've seen after Diego.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #813 on: July 12, 2010, 02:36:26 PM »

Haha I think I don't honestly care estebanf!!!

Joe

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #814 on: July 13, 2010, 02:40:54 AM »

I know this doesnt have much to do with the world cup, but do any of you guys feel any sadness for Raul, the incredible Madrid hero?

He deserved this world cup. A similar case than Robbie Baggio, the most outstanding player i've seen after Diego.

Spain never really had a game plan until 2-3 years ago after the World Cup in 2006. It was around 2007-08 when Spain's coach then, Luis Aragones, drafted younger players with a very specific profile (Iniesta, Cazorla, Cesc..) who gave the spanish team a play pattern. Before 2006, prior generations were not as talented. Raul was unlucky. He was already a little bit too old when this generation of players came into the picture.

Regarding Baggio, he was indeed one of the finest players I've seen. However, I believe there were other players who never won a World Cup equally or more talented than baggio; The dutch trio; Van Basten (could've been the best striker EVER had injuries not ended his career), Gullit and Rijkard never won a World Cup. Cruyff never won a WC, Platinni, never won a WC, Figo never won a world cup...there are actually a lot of names that I could think of.

svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #815 on: July 14, 2010, 01:00:01 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmX5Liu1Fv4

Can you imagine what would've happened if we won? Wink
Robben was so right when he said that Spain may be the best team but the dutch are the best supporters Smiley The Swiss said so too 2 years ago Wink
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 01:05:29 PM by svdv22 » Logged

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #816 on: July 17, 2010, 04:01:35 AM »

Robben was so right when he said that Spain may be the best team but the dutch are the best supporters Smiley The Swiss said so too 2 years ago Wink

I remember going to see Finland-Holland in 2005.. I got out of the car a long way before the stadium and it was about 1,5 hours before the kick-off, but I could already hear the Dutch supporters singing at the stadium Tongue That was a wake-up call for the Finnish supporters Grin

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
svdv22
VIP

« Reply #817 on: July 18, 2010, 06:40:21 PM »

I remember going to see Finland-Holland in 2005.. I got out of the car a long way before the stadium and it was about 1,5 hours before the kick-off, but I could already hear the Dutch supporters singing at the stadium Tongue That was a wake-up call for the Finnish supporters Grin

And that was is Finland Wink come to the netherlans sept 7th! Netherlands vs Finland Wink ... wear something orange Wink

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #818 on: July 21, 2010, 01:58:13 PM »

Extra assistant refs to be used in Champions League

(AFP) ? 3 hours ago

CARDIFF ? Champions League matches next season will feature two extra assistant referees after the experiment was approved by Wednesday's meeting of the International Football Association Board (IFAB).

The additional assistant referees system was used in the Europa League last season and has now been brought into Europe's elite club competition, as well as a handful of other competitions around the world.

Referees will be assisted by two linesmen and two further officials in each penalty area.

The decision was ratified at a meeting of the technical sub-committee of football's rule-makers in Cardiff, where it was also confirmed the issue of goal-line technology would be discussed in October.

IFAB, which comprises representatives from world football's governing body FIFA and England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales, had previously rejected the idea of introducing goal-line technology on the grounds of cost.

But calls for its' introduction grew louder after England's Frank Lampard was denied what should have been an equaliser in the World Cup second round clash with Germany when his shot rebounded off the underside of the crossbar and dropped over the line.

The 'goal' went unseen by the match officials and was not given, denying England an equaliser in a match they eventually lost 4-1.

The issue was never on the agenda for Wednesday and a statement from FIFA confirmed a date had been set for discussions.

"FIFA and the technical sub-committee confirmed that goal-line technology will be on the agenda of the next annual business meeting of the IFAB in October 2010," the statement read.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
svdv22
VIP

« Reply #819 on: July 21, 2010, 03:15:40 PM »

About f*cking time Wink
I hate this 'mistakes are human so it's part of the game'-attitude. Mistakes are ok when made by a player or team, that's what the game makes. Mistakes shouldn't be made by referees. I know, I know, they're human too... But that's why I'm pro cameras etc. Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: