Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:38:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2011 Season
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011 Season  (Read 141219 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 11:26:12 PM »

Seems like we've been talking about it for 2-3 years, Axl4Prez, but McNabb is now a Viking. Your thoughts?

See my post earlier on this page:  "pinch me, I'm fucking dreaming!!!"  Yeah, that about sums it up!   beer
The loss of Sidney Rice to the Seahawks is unfortunate, but I love Percy Harvin, and I think Devon Aromashadu (our newest acquisition at wr, from the Bears) is undervalued and was underutilized by Martz's offense.
Honestly, I still believe that any team out there (that has a quality qb) would benefit from one Randy Moss...this now includes the Vikes (even though I don't think he'll go back to Minnesota).
St. Louis would be nuts not to make an offer to Randy.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2011, 12:13:46 AM »

Sounds like the Jets might make a run at Randall Gene Moss.  I don't know if I share your enthusiasm on how big of an impact he can have on any team.  He was AWFUL down the stretch last year.  Now obviously, he phoned it in when the ship started sinking in Minnesota and he never got with the program in Tennessee.  I think the guy still has potential, I just don't know if he's motivated.  Then again, people were saying the same things when he came to New England and look what he did.  So it certainly wouldn't surprise me if he played well next season.  But I'm not expecting it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2011, 12:53:37 AM »

Sounds like the Jets might make a run at Randall Gene Moss.  I don't know if I share your enthusiasm on how big of an impact he can have on any team.  He was AWFUL down the stretch last year.  Now obviously, he phoned it in when the ship started sinking in Minnesota and he never got with the program in Tennessee.  I think the guy still has potential, I just don't know if he's motivated.  Then again, people were saying the same things when he came to New England and look what he did.  So it certainly wouldn't surprise me if he played well next season.  But I'm not expecting it.

I hope not. I do not want him on the Jets.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2011, 08:52:27 AM »

Albert Haynesworth to the Patriots, and it looks like Reggie Bush to the Dolphins.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2011, 09:05:15 AM »

Orton to Miami aswell...miami now will have a team that can go 9-7..10-6 and not go to the playoffs...the Bucs of 2011

Coop

2012 is like Christmas!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2011, 01:12:50 PM »

Orton to Miami aswell...miami now will have a team that can go 9-7..10-6 and not go to the playoffs...the Bucs of 2011

Coop
I don't think just yet.  He was present and participated in Broncos camp today.  I do believe it will eventually happen though.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18559950

Broncos, Kyle Orton still waiting for trade to Dolphins
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post

While the Broncos and Miami Dolphins continue to discuss a trade involving quarterback Kyle Orton, training camp must go on.

As of late Wednesday night, no deal with the Dolphins appeared imminent and the expectation was Orton would participate in the Broncos' first training camp workout Thursday morning.

Orton attended both the morning and afternoon-into-evening team meetings Wednesday at the Broncos' Dove Valley headquarters.

Considering Broncos head coach John Fox stated throughout the offseason that Orton was No. 1 on the depth chart, the expectation is Orton will take reps with the starting offense Thursday. Tim Tebow and Brady Quinn will work their way in.

And so it goes with a franchise that replaced
Jake Plummer with Jay Cutler less one season after Plummer's career year in 2005 was capped with an appearance in the AFC Championship Game. A franchise that traded Cutler months after his Pro Bowl season of 2008. A franchise that followed Orton's career season of 2009 by drafting Tebow in the first round of the 2010 draft.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 01:17:47 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2011, 01:16:30 PM »

Albert Haynesworth to the Patriots, and it looks like Reggie Bush to the Dolphins.
The general consensus is that this is a steal for the Pats, or at least a very low risk/high reward type move.  I agree the potential is there for it to be a great deal, but I'm going to have to see Big Al get his act together before I buy into the notion.  He was a complete bust and distraction with Washington.  Now the Patriots have had success bringing in malcontents in the past (Corey Dillon, Randy Moss), but it's always a risky move.

IF he can play like one of the best defensive players in the NFL, like in his days with the Titans then that could be the missing piece for the Patriots defense which has been sorely lacking a legitimate pass rush over the last few seasons.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2011, 01:42:25 PM »

From twitter.

@michaelombardi Michael Lombardi
Hearing Houston has moved into the lead for Nnamdi Asomugha?money will be in the 12-14 mill per year range...Revis makes 11.5 per year
2 hours ago via web

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2011, 03:51:02 PM »

Wow, Houston? I didn't see that one coming.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2011, 04:16:47 PM »

Wow, Houston? I didn't see that one coming.

I had actually read Houston, Dallas, and the NYJ in the bidding for Nnamdi.
If Nnamdi goes to Houston, Indy could be in trouble.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2011, 06:49:17 PM »

Ohocino to the Pats.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2011, 08:29:43 PM »

Ohocino to the Pats.

Ocho and Fat Albert...I haven't seen what they gave up for Ocho, but fat Albert for a 5th rounder's a steal...(if they got Albert to downsize that behemoth contract of his, which I'm sure the Pats did)
Ocho's tough.  I don't think he's as fast as he used to be, but he should do well. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2011, 09:43:37 PM »

Ohocino to the Pats.

Ocho and Fat Albert...I haven't seen what they gave up for Ocho, but fat Albert for a 5th rounder's a steal...(if they got Albert to downsize that behemoth contract of his, which I'm sure the Pats did)
Ocho's tough.  I don't think he's as fast as he used to be, but he should do well. 

Two draft picks. One this year one next year.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2011, 12:04:35 AM »

Ohocino to the Pats.

They're only on the hook for $5.4 million for Haynesworth IF he makes the team, which hopefully he will.  So it's low risk, even if he makes the team and then misbehaves leading them to cut him it's not too costly.  But hopefully he gets his head on straight and is out to prove the critics wrong.

As for Chad, I think it's a very good deal.  The draft picks are low round picks and they restructured his deal for the next 3 years.  He and Belichick have had a mutual respect for each other for years, always speaking highly of one another.  So I think Chad will fit in nicely.  Surely he's not the player he once was, but they really just needed a more reliable 3rd WR.  I'm pretty confident he can fill that role nicely.

As for Nnamdi, looks like the Texans are now out of the mix after signing CB Johnathan Joseph on a five-year, $48.75 million contract, including a $12.5 million signing bonus, putting the Jets are back in the lead for his services.  It sounds like Asomugha really wants to play for the Jets from what I hear.  The way things have been going the past few days, I'm sure we'll find out for sure soon enough.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2011, 12:32:28 AM »

A few things make me hopeful he'll end up a jet. He wants to play in new york and with Revis and he loves Ryan and his defensive system. Its just a matter of can we afford it or will he be willing to take less guaranteed $ to win? With that defense he certainly will have that chance with the Jets. We still have to worry about getting Sanchez more weapons though. Edwards is also one of our FA's and it looks like he won't be back after the signing of Holmes.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2011, 12:38:51 AM »

A few things make me hopeful he'll end up a jet. He wants to play in new york and with Revis and he loves Ryan and his defensive system. Its just a matter of can we afford it or will he be willing to take less guaranteed $ to win? With that defense he certainly will have that chance with the Jets. We still have to worry about getting Sanchez more weapons though. Edwards is also one of our FA's and it looks like he won't be back after the signing of Holmes.
Randy Moss Tim.  Join the dark side. 

If Nnamdi does sign with the Jets, and I think he will, that could be the best CB duo in the history of the league.  Scary thought.  Cromartie was no slouch though.  Obviously they'd be a better team, but it's not like he'd be replacing some bum.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2011, 01:01:41 AM »

Randy Moss Tim.  Join the dark side. 

If Nnamdi does sign with the Jets, and I think he will, that could be the best CB duo in the history of the league.  Scary thought.  Cromartie was no slouch though.  Obviously they'd be a better team, but it's not like he'd be replacing some bum.

Yeah, that would be one scary defensive backfield to throw at. You'd effectively have to beat the jets on the ground or with short passes. Oh absolutely, Cromartie was definitely a very valuable part of a team that very nearly made the super bowl. If you have a chance to get a guy like Nnamdi you just can't pass it up. ESPN New York is predicting the Jets will get Nnamdi. If not them either the Bucs or Niners.

Jets have lost Brad Smith to the Bills. Odd choice considering how awful that team is. That one will hurt a bit that's one less target Sanchez will have. It will be interesting to see how they go about replacing him.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 01:18:49 AM by Timothy25 » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2011, 10:19:59 AM »

Kevin Kolb was a 2nd round pick and has started only 7 games and thrown a little over 300 passes (completing about 60% of them) in the NFL. yet he has somehow managed to pocket almost $40M since being drafted 4 years ago.

that is just so interesting to me. i hope he does well cause i'm a fan of his. he has a great attitude and is an awesome leader. he had every right to bitch and moan last year but he put the team's interests ahead of his own. great teammate and just a total class act.

with that said, something tells me he's gonna be a bust in AZ. he will be ok, with some major highs and some major lows. but overall will not meet the high expectations set based on what AZ gave up and what they are paying him.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2011, 10:31:47 AM »

philly absolutely fleeced Arizona and got Vince Young as the backup to boot.

Dominique rogers cromartie and Asante Samuel together? WOW!!!

now get Jackson in camp NOW

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2011, 04:31:19 PM »

ESPN thinks an 80% chance Nnamdi goes to the Jets. We'll find out tonight or tomorrow. If it happens someone fucking pinch me cause i think i'll be dreaming.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: