Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 01:16:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227857 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 244304 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2008, 07:35:37 PM »

How bout em' Cowboys?

I love them so much. I hope this year they make another run. I think they will, hell they did it last year with 1.5 WRs. Maybe Glenn will be back to 100%.

Witten and Owens was their only weapons, and Crayton needs to either catch some balls or get out and let Sam Hurd start...

The Cowboys...as much as I didn't like Julius Jones, his loss will be felt by the Cowboys.  In no way will I downplay Marion Barber's value to their team, but the contrast of Jones and Barber worked.  The 'boys need another running back to step up and share the backfield.  Marion's a punishing back, but even the punishers need another good to average back in the backfield to spell them.

The Vikings have a legitimate playoff shot...add NFL sack leader Jared Allen if we can get him from the Chiefs, and talent in the secondary from the draft, and we're Super Bowl contenders!   Smiley

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2008, 11:37:58 PM »

How bout em' Cowboys?

I love them so much. I hope this year they make another run. I think they will, hell they did it last year with 1.5 WRs. Maybe Glenn will be back to 100%.

Witten and Owens was their only weapons, and Crayton needs to either catch some balls or get out and let Sam Hurd start...

The Cowboys...as much as I didn't like Julius Jones, his loss will be felt by the Cowboys.  In no way will I downplay Marion Barber's value to their team, but the contrast of Jones and Barber worked.  The 'boys need another running back to step up and share the backfield.  Marion's a punishing back, but even the punishers need another good to average back in the backfield to spell them.

The Vikings have a legitimate playoff shot...add NFL sack leader Jared Allen if we can get him from the Chiefs, and talent in the secondary from the draft, and we're Super Bowl contenders!   Smiley

Michael Smith pretty much guaranteed the deal for Allen will get done by the draft on ESPN last night.  A first and a third, I think he said.  That'll be one heckuva D-line, as if it wasn't already.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2008, 09:20:04 AM »

How bout em' Cowboys?

Michael Smith pretty much guaranteed the deal for Allen will get done by the draft on ESPN last night.  A first and a third, I think he said.  That'll be one heckuva D-line, as if it wasn't already.

Yeah, but the scary part is what happens if he pulls a Koren Robinson?  He's one or 2 dui's away from suspension if I'm not mistaken.  I really think we'd have thee best d-line in football with the addition of Allen.  He's worth the risk. 

Consider Hutchinson anchoring the line, Adrian Peterson running all day long being spelled by Chester Taylor.  Bernard Berrian and up and comer Sidney Rice at wideout...and that defense.  Playoffs baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   yes

Folks, who do you all think will get McFadden?HuhHuh  I'm thinking the J E T S Jets Jets Jets. 

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2008, 04:13:32 PM »

I think the Jets would take Gholston if he's not picked in the top 5.  If he's gone though, then they very well could take McFadden.  If he slips by the Jets I'm quite certain the Patriots wouldn't take him.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2008, 06:32:11 PM »

Oh my f'ing God!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Jared Allen is a Viking!!!!!!!!!!  6 games vs. Rodgers, Kitna, and Grossman!!!!!!!!!!!!  The Vikings will definitely be in the playoffs baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!   beer  beer  beer  beer  beer  This is bar-none the best defensive line in football.  Watch out NFC!  beer

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2008, 09:43:42 PM »

Oh my f'ing God!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Jared Allen is a Viking!!!!!!!!!!  6 games vs. Rodgers, Kitna, and Grossman!!!!!!!!!!!!  The Vikings will definitely be in the playoffs baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!   beer  beer  beer  beer  beer  This is bar-none the best defensive line in football.  Watch out NFC!  beer

You guys are going deep this year.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2008, 10:26:29 PM »

Thanks!  The Giants demonstarted last season how important the defensive line is to the success of a football team.  Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor behind Hutchinson, McKinnie and company...god damn this team looks scary!!!

Feel free to post your draft predictions.  I have a feeling we'll see a bunch of deals this year.  Ryan may drop.  This will be fun to watch Saturday.  Smiley

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2008, 10:53:56 PM »

Not to rain on your parade Axl4Prez, but the Vikings are still lacking in the most important position on the field in my opinion.  Granted the D-line will be great, though it has been for a couple years now.  And the running game/O-line will be solid, though it was last year.  Tavarius Jackson, doesn't scream winner to me.  Who knows though, maybe he can step it up, or "manage" the game well enough to lead the Vikings to the promised land.

As for the draft, I don't think Ryan will drop any further than #8 to the Ravens.  I love the draft.  I watched all 12 hours or whatever it was last year pretty much.  I've gotta work this Saturday which kinda sucks but I hope to be out a little after 3 so I won't miss too much.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 10:56:28 PM by faldor » Logged

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2008, 12:23:43 AM »

Barring trades at the top, her's how I see it shakin' down:

1 Miami               J. Long OT
2 St. Louis          V. Gholston DE
3 Atlanta            G. Dorsey DT
4 Oakland          C. Long DE
5 KC                   M. Ryan QB
6 JETS                D. McFadden RB
7 Pats                (this will piss off the Ravens) L. McKelvin DB
8 Ravens           (maybe trade down to some team that needs DT Ellis if those 7 are gone) if not, maybe Clady or Rodgers-Cromartie DB
9 Bengals           S. Ellis if they don't get leap-frogged.  If leap-frogged, Rivers LB
10 Saints            rodgers-cromartie DB if available, D. Harvey DE if not.

*Overall, I think the Ravens are in a shitty position.             

*The Rams will shy away from Dorsey due to injury concerns, and Gholston's beast-like combine performances will be too much to pass up.  The Falcons will do just fine with Dorsey.

*The Raiders aren't stupid...I think.  Taking McFadden would be stupid.  Howie Long's son a Raider would be neat.

*The Chiefs have many needs.  They'll take the star quarterback.

*Jets get their man.  Pats get their man.  The Ravens should trade down if these 7 are gone.  The Bengals would be doing cartwheels to get Ellis.  The Saints need defense, especially secondary.

I can't wait for the draft! 

btw, Faldor, before last season, nobody thought Eli could do it either.  With Berrian joining up opposite Sydney Rice, hopefully it will take some pressure off our awesome rushing game. (yeah, I'm not sold on Tarvaris either.  qb's our achilles heel)  Field position and low scoring games are in the Vikes' future, that's for damn sure!  I plan on working out at the gym from 3 to 5.  I figure I'll catch the top 10 there.

Any predictions?

PS  I forgot to mention Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer are Super Bowl Champion quarterbacks from teams with monster defenses...and soon folks will include Eli in that list. (the d-line was the real mvp of that game, not Eli)

« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 12:25:34 AM by Axl4Prez2004 » Logged

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2008, 08:38:39 AM »

I hear ya.  You don't necessarily need a pro bowl QB to win the Super Bowl, although it doesn't hurt.  In defense of Eli, as much as I hate to do, you gotta give him credit.  I agree the defense was the MVP of that game, but he did make plays when it mattered most.  But I agree he could go back to the "old" Eli this year if the D doesn't help him out.  As for Dilfer and Johnson, they really didn't have to make any plays to win as their defenses took over.  So it is possible, but if Tarvaris needed to make some plays down the stretch to win a BIG game, do you have faith in him? 

Back to the draft.  It's always tough to predict as teams say things they don't really mean leading up to the draft, the whole posturing thing.  I like your attempt at a top 10 though.  I've heard conflicting reports on Gholston, that he could go as high as 2 or drop to 8 or so.  People say, while he was a workout beast, he had a lackluster college career and didn't go all out all the time.  There's been a lot of guys who shined at the combine who couldn't cut it in the NFL, so teams may be scared off by that.  But some team's gonna take a chance at him, and most likely early on.  Only time will tell.  And as a Patriot fan, although they do need help in the secondary (Ty Law is close to coming back but he's purely depth at this point in his career), I'm not so sure they'll go for a DB at #7.  The talk is they'd rather commit the money for a #7 pick to more of a sure thing along either the O or D-line, and the fact that this draft is supposedly pretty deep for DB's.  They could possibly get some pretty good talent at that position in later rounds.  But who knows with the Pats.  They're impossible to predict this time of year.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2008, 09:07:36 AM »

From www.rotoworld.com

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch indicates that "all signs point towards Glenn Dorsey" being the Rams' pick at number two.

Chris Long appears to be second, with Vernon Gholston third on the Rams board. Of course this could all be a smokescreen to induce a trade up for Dorsey, but no calls came in about the pick Wednesday. If Long gets past the Rams, he'll probably fall to Kansas City or the Jets.

Seems like a lot more teams are looking to trade down than to trade up.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2008, 05:56:45 PM »

Faldor, I bleed purple but I won't blow smoke up your ass about Tarvaris, he's a shaky starter at best.  He had some very bad games when it mattered most at the end of last season.  A more experienced Rice and the addition of Berrian are going to help the Vikes' brass evaluate whether or not Tarvaris can succeed.  He's got a very good o-line and 2 solid wide receivers....along with one of the best running backs in football in the backfield.  If he can't succeed early, it'll be in Frerotte's (gulp) inconsistently capable (gulp) hands.   nervous

If the top 7 (in the words of ex-coach Denny Green) "are who we think they are!" the Ravens will not be happy.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2008, 08:54:03 PM »

Vikes-Chiefs trade worked out as win-win.
but I don't see the Chiefs taking another QB. They really like Croyle. And who knows, if he gets an O-line he might be good. I see them Choosing a DL at 5, and OL at 17, or vice versa. Then they proceed to CB, WR, and more OL in round 2 and 3 picks in round 3. If they choose well, they could be back sooner than people expect. But I don't see QB as a priority need for this club, especially since Herm likes to run the ball. Last year the O-line was just horrible, actually, beyond horrible.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2008, 06:36:51 PM »

Vikes-Chiefs trade worked out as win-win.
but I don't see the Chiefs taking another QB. They really like Croyle. And who knows, if he gets an O-line he might be good. I see them Choosing a DL at 5, and OL at 17, or vice versa. Then they proceed to CB, WR, and more OL in round 2 and 3 picks in round 3. If they choose well, they could be back sooner than people expect. But I don't see QB as a priority need for this club, especially since Herm likes to run the ball. Last year the O-line was just horrible, actually, beyond horrible.

5th overall pick, hmm.  If the Chiefs don't grab a franchise quarterback (Ryan), they'll have leftovers after Long, Dorsey, Long, and Gholston are snapped up.  They should entertain offers from teams wanting to move up and grab McFadden (you just know some team out there will pay out their ass to try and land the next Adrian Peterson) or Ryan.  Unless Long, Dorsey, or Gholston fell to #5, I still think the Chiefs will either grab Ryan or trade down.   peace 

I wasn't crazy about the #17 position the Vikes gave to the Chiefs as part of the Allen deal.  You are right though Russ, win-win.  The Chiefs need draft picks to rebuild.  The Vikes need the big-time pass rusher to complete a Death Star of a D-Line.  They're gonna dominate!   yes

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2008, 07:41:55 PM »

I can't say I'm surprised by the Raiders, but God, what the hell are they thinking?  McFadden's a great talent, but passing on Dorsey or Gholston may come back to haunt them.  They've got Fargas, Rhodes, Michael Bush...have they dumped Lamont Jordan yet?  Al Davis is a fool.  I sure hope Axl isn't still a Raiders' fan.  Embarrassed

The Chiefs hit the lottery getting Dorsey at #5 and also did well with Brandon Albert at #15.

any thoughts?

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2008, 04:07:49 PM »

I just can't believe Woodson is still undrafted... omg

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2008, 07:58:57 PM »

I just can't believe Woodson is still undrafted... omg

It will be interesting to see if Woodson can hang on with the G-Men.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2008, 01:12:05 PM »

Chiefs scored an A+ on day one, got three starters for this year.
Day 2 is a C at best, despite all the experts who say otherwise. Maybe Charles from UT can run the ball, but they still need an O-line.
No starters from day 2, two tight ends (when that was not a need), only one O-line pick and one D-line pick, both of them late in the draft.
In short, the Chiefs did not get the WR they needed, did not get the DE they needed, did not get the 2-3 O-linemen that they needed, and instead took a tight end in round 3 who started 7 of 45 games in college due to injury and who cannot catch the ball! Ouch. I don't see the rebuilding over anytime soon, so the best that can be said is that Chiefs will have another top 5 pick in 2009. In the meantime, go 'Boys!

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2008, 10:55:01 AM »

Rhodes went back to the Colts, which is a nice pickup for them considering he was a 1,000 yard back the year Edge was out mostly... and Vick was ordered to pay back 2.4 million in a loan he took out...

That's the basic of the news

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2008, 06:43:42 PM »

Rhodes should thank his lucky stars he's back in Indy.  He'll get 8 to 12 carries a game on average with the Colts.  The Colts will play it smart and protect Addai by decreasing the wear and tear on his body by giving Rhodes the ball.  He'll be fresh for the playoff run.

It doesn't hurt not being behind McFadden, Fargas, Bush, and Jordan in OakTown.

F Vick.   yes

russ, yes, the Chiefs are completely in rebuild mode.  The Chargers are the only playoff team in the West.  Denver, Oakland, and KC...now that has to be one of the weakest divisions in the NFL.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: