Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:59:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227915 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 56 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 NFL Season - Discuss it all Here  (Read 244726 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2008, 04:25:54 PM »

Faldor, good points!  Oooooh, I might see a trap for the Vikes on this though.  If it happened I just wanna make sure it's legit.  Can you imagine the scenario where Brett sits down with the Packers' gm and says check this out.  If I stay retired, I'm not really helping you guys out.  Trade me and get some value out of me.  Heck, get some draft picks for me and secure the Packers future for the next couple years.

Am I being paranoid?  Yeah.   hihi  With Favre, the Vikings would be the odds-on favorite to take the NFC.  Just watch folks.  The Vikes are loaded.   yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2008, 05:03:44 PM »

Look, Brett Favre is the reason I got into football.

But what he has done starting from his last pass to today has been completely asinine.

I don't want to see him in a different jersey.  He should have just waited like he had in years past to make sure he was done with it.

And now, there is a story that he was all set to come back in April, but he changed his mind 3 days before an announcement was to be made.

I hate my life.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2008, 06:18:28 PM »

Archie, if Axl can perform in different football jerseys, so can Brett!  Go Vikings!!!!!!!!!!!!!    beer

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2008, 06:51:37 PM »

Archie, if Axl can perform in different football jerseys, so can Brett!  Go Vikings!!!!!!!!!!!!!    beer

I would rather be lobotomized than see him in purple.

(Unless he joins the Lakers.)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2008, 07:31:36 PM »

I wanna see Brett Favre back in the NFL, but I just don't think I could see him in another uniform besides a Green Bay Packers uniform.

I'll guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens now.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2008, 07:33:17 PM »

Im not a bret favre fan, but I think its ridiculous how they are treating him in GB.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2008, 07:37:50 PM »

Im not a bret favre fan, but I think its ridiculous how they are treating him in GB.

It's kind of hard being a Packer fan right now you'd think. Do you want Brett to come back and play for the Packers or would you rather move onto the next stage in Packer history. Or....see Brett Favre come back and go play for another team. Ouch!

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2008, 08:25:13 PM »

Yeah, but how cool would it be when the best defense against the run in football, now with sack-master NFL-leading sack-master Jared Allen, all-world running back Adrian Peterson, Bernard Berrian, and Brett Favre come marching into Lambeau on Monday Night Week One!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  and hand a big L to the Cheeseheads!

rofl   beer

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2008, 09:14:16 PM »

I think Favre like Joe Paterno, Bobby Bowden etc, they deserve to leave on their own terms.  He wouldnt have retired in the first place had GB not pushed him too soon after a heartbreaking loss.

I think if he wants to play, u have to let him come back and play. Id make him restructure his contract though as it will seriously fuck up GB's salary cap.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2008, 09:59:54 PM »

I think Favre like Joe Paterno, Bobby Bowden etc, they deserve to leave on their own terms.  He wouldnt have retired in the first place had GB not pushed him too soon after a heartbreaking loss.

I think if he wants to play, u have to let him come back and play. Id make him restructure his contract though as it will seriously fuck up GB's salary cap.
Favre's days in GB are done.  If they let him come back they might as well slap Aaron Rogers across the face an then give him his immediate release because it would be a total disrespect to him.  The second Brett retired they turned the reigns over to Rogers, there's no going back now.  And I don't think Brett was forced out.  He had been on the fence the last couple years and thought he was ready to call it quits this year.  At the time it seemed like a noble decision to announce it before the draft so the Packers could plan accordingly.  Thus why they probably drafted Brohm in the 2nd round.  Now he's had a change of heart.  Ok, it happens.  But Green Bay has moved on, if he wants to play, it's gotta be elsewhere.  Sorry Favre fans, and GB fans, but it's time to move on.  And it's the only fair way.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2008, 02:01:31 AM »

Now the Packers are saying that Favre can come out of retirement and remain a Packer, but, no matter what, Rodgers will remain their starter. I seriously doubt Favre will be down with just sitting on the bench every Sunday, but, if he wants to come back that bad, I think that's what he should do. That's the only situation where both sides kinda comprimise and come out a winner. Favre doesn't risk tarnishing his legend with another team, he keeps Favre-worshippers from hating the Packers for trading him away, and, should Rodgers get hurt at some point in the season, Favre can get some playing time.

Here Today . . .
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2008, 03:46:50 AM »

The classy thing for Green Bay to do would be release him. The logical thing for them to do would be to trade him, much in the same way the 49ers traded Joe Mo to the chiefs. Do not allow him to play in the same division and try to get something for him. They in no way after the season he just had should tell him to come back as a packer but only as the back-up. They need to move toward the future that does not include Favre. I predict they will want to trade him but they need to get that done as soon as possible.

I also don't think the packers have handled this too poorly. They asked him for a decision. He made it. They moved forward with their team. Its not as big of a slap in the face to favre as people are making it out to be. He's dangled retirement in front of them the past few years. So this year they tell him we need a decision faster and he made it. They drafted accordingly. They have moved the riegns to Rodgers. They have moved on to a post favre era. You cannot expect them just to say O.K. we drafted a second round quarterback, we've got Rodgers who's sitting in the wings, but wait a sec brett favre wants to come back. Stop everything. Rodgers your gonna continue to sit on the bench. Rodgers could easily say fuck you green bay i'll sit out. Trade me or play me. Than after this year your possible replacement is gone and your stuck with an even greener QB and another round of: Is Favre retiring?   smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2008, 12:41:17 PM »

The classy thing for Green Bay to do would be release him. The logical thing for them to do would be to trade him, much in the same way the 49ers traded Joe Mo to the chiefs. Do not allow him to play in the same division and try to get something for him. They in no way after the season he just had should tell him to come back as a packer but only as the back-up. They need to move toward the future that does not include Favre. I predict they will want to trade him but they need to get that done as soon as possible.

I also don't think the packers have handled this too poorly. They asked him for a decision. He made it. They moved forward with their team. Its not as big of a slap in the face to favre as people are making it out to be. He's dangled retirement in front of them the past few years. So this year they tell him we need a decision faster and he made it. They drafted accordingly. They have moved the riegns to Rodgers. They have moved on to a post favre era. You cannot expect them just to say O.K. we drafted a second round quarterback, we've got Rodgers who's sitting in the wings, but wait a sec brett favre wants to come back. Stop everything. Rodgers your gonna continue to sit on the bench. Rodgers could easily say fuck you green bay i'll sit out. Trade me or play me. Than after this year your possible replacement is gone and your stuck with an even greener QB and another round of: Is Favre retiring?   smoking
Agreed, Favre has put the Packers and Aaron Rodgers in a horrible situation.  And again it'd be totally unfair to Rodgers if the Packers were to bring Favre back as a "backup".  Tell me Rodgers wouldn't be looking over his shoulder to the sideline after every incomplete pass or bad decision?  The fans could turn on him quickly too.  Not a favorable situation.  If Green Bay wants Favre back (which I don't think they do), he's the starter.  Trade Rodgers and groom Brohm as the future QB,

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2008, 01:53:56 PM »

Let me preface by saying I do not like Bret Favre. Seriously, everytime I hear someone call him a gunslinger and make excuses for his shitty decisions, I want to puke.

That being said:

What has Aaron Rodgers done to deserve our pity?

Everyone is going on about poor Aaron Rodgers.

Rodgers hasnt won 3 straight MVPS, he hasnt brought a title back to GB, he isnt the one that made GB releveant again.

He is not a hall of famer or a legend.

This is different than Steve young/Joe Montana because Young won an MVP with Montanta still on the roster.

Rodgers played a great half a game against a Dallas team who let up and thought they had the game in the bag.

I think it would be a travesty to bring Favre back as a backup. That is about as much disrespect as u can give someone.

Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2008, 02:24:15 PM »

Let me preface by saying I do not like Bret Favre. Seriously, everytime I hear someone call him a gunslinger and make excuses for his shitty decisions, I want to puke.

That being said:

Rodgers hasnt won 3 straight MVPS, he hasnt brought a title back to GB, he isnt the one that made GB releveant again.

This is different than Steve young/Joe Montana because Young won an MVP with Montanta still on the roster.

Rodgers played a great half a game against a Dallas team who let up and thought they had the game in the bag.

I think it would be a travesty to bring Favre back as a backup. That is about as much disrespect as u can give someone.

Rodgers was drafted several years ago as the apparent heir to Brett Favre. He's been collecting the money from a good sized contract during these years to watch brett favre play. The Packers expected favre to retire already and were making preparations for that. If Rodgers doesn't play, he's gone. They apparently like what they got in him. I don't feel sorry for Rodgers. But I do think its about damn time they go with him as thats why they drafted him. Green Bay expected Favre to be retired by now.

Green Bay asked favre to come back in march. Everyone is saying that they pressured him for a decision but they wanted that decision to be come back and play. Once the decision was made they HAVE to move forward. They did move forward. If anything Brett is the one that has handled this poorly. They asked him to come back. He said no I'm retiring. They said O.K. Thanks for the great career. He's says hold on I want to come back now. They say wtf I thought you were gonna retire. And than you say he's Brett Favre he can do what ever he wants they better take him back or thats fucked up. How?  smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2008, 03:40:54 PM »

That being said:

It's true Rodgers hasn't done anything in the NFL yet.  But it's not fair for Favre to go year to year not knowing if he's gonna play or retire.  Like High Times said, the Packers have a football team to run.  It's pretty essential for them to know if their franchise QB is gonna play for them or not.  If he tells them no, it's not fair to the team or the incumbent for him to decide less than a month before minicamp that he wants to all of a sudden play again.  That's why it's unfair for Rodgers.  He's been in the frame of mind that he's THE GUY ever since Favre announced his retirement.  I don't think it's possible for Favre to be a backup for the Packers.  I just don't see that working out.  The fans would look for the smallest thing that Aaron may do wrong and clamor for Brett to get in the game.  That is if they would even give Rodgers a chance from the start.  So again, if they would take him back you might as well face it that he's the starter and cut ties with Rodgers.  Some QB starved team would take a chance on him.  Though they'd get more for Favre.  One of them has to go though.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2008, 10:18:18 PM »

This situation with Favre and the Packers reminds me a little bit of the band we come here to follow.

There really isn't a bad guy here.  It's just freaking circumstance.  There's no easy solution. 

Could they dump Rodgers, let Favre give it another go, and make Brohm the new heir-apparent?

I don't see too much interest in Favre outside of the NFC North.  Damn this will be tough.  a n d...my fantasy draft is August 6th!  time to break out crystal balls and roll the dice.   hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2008, 12:02:01 AM »

This situation with Favre and the Packers reminds me a little bit of the band we come here to follow.

There really isn't a bad guy here.  It's just freaking circumstance.  There's no easy solution. 

Could they dump Rodgers, let Favre give it another go, and make Brohm the new heir-apparent?

I don't see too much interest in Favre outside of the NFC North.  Damn this will be tough.  a n d...my fantasy draft is August 6th!  time to break out crystal balls and roll the dice.   hihi
Yeah I was gonna give it the old GNR reference, but I tried to steer clear of that.  There are some similarities though.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2008, 04:06:25 PM »

Brett Favre to be interviewed tonight on Fox News Channel's, "On The Record" with Greta Van Susteren.

http://www.foxnews.com/ontherecord/index.html

Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2008, 06:50:45 PM »

Brett Favre to be interviewed tonight on Fox News Channel's, "On The Record" with Greta Van Susteren.

http://www.foxnews.com/ontherecord/index.html

wtf, the dude should have had an interview on ESPN or with an actual sports broadcaster. Just wierd to have him on Greta's show.  smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 56 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: