Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 06:18:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227872 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Cindy Sheehan Quits..."Dems caved in to Bush"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cindy Sheehan Quits..."Dems caved in to Bush"  (Read 29978 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2007, 07:38:59 PM »

How do you know her son was duped?

What kind of question is that?

He was duped, because like most of America now believes, Bush was not honest leading up to the war. More frankly, he lied through his Goddamn teeth.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2007, 07:44:16 PM »

He was duped, because like most of America now believes, Bush was not honest leading up to the war. More frankly, he lied through his Goddamn teeth.

Come on.  We all know that God wanted Bush to be President.  Why would he damn his teeth?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2007, 07:54:35 PM »

You don't know what he though. Even you said it yourself, "like most Americans believe." Her son could have believed 100% that the war America was fighting was right.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2007, 07:57:02 PM »

You don't know what he though. Even you said it yourself, "like most Americans believe." Her son could have believed 100% that the war America was fighting was right.

Don't you think his mother would probably know better than any of us??

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2007, 08:00:28 PM »

Than why would it make any sense for her son to tell his mother he hates the war and Bush and than say I'm going back? For what would his reason be?

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2007, 08:30:54 PM »

Than why would it make any sense for her son to tell his mother he hates the war and Bush and than say I'm going back? For what would his reason be?

Maybe he was a decent human being who believed in deposing a genocidal dictator and "liberating" the Iraqi people? Even if it meant re-upping with an under-manned occupation force figureheaded by incompetent goons? Nah, can't be that.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2007, 08:43:13 PM »

Maybe he was a decent human being who believed in deposing a genocidal dictator and "liberating" the Iraqi people?

Yes, but that wouldn't make him duped.

There are alot of people fighting overseas right now that believe they are still doing the right thing.

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2007, 08:47:04 PM »

Maybe he was a decent human being who believed in deposing a genocidal dictator and "liberating" the Iraqi people?

There are alot of people fighting overseas right now that believe they are still doing the right thing.

Yes, and at the same time "not being duped" doesn't mean he couldn't dislike Bush and the motivations for/execution of the war. So no-one is proving anything - maybe it's time to get over it.
GeraldFord
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2007, 08:55:19 PM »

The point of the war was because Iraq had all these WMDs.

-Mushroom Cloud over NYC if we didn't invade--remember that?
-Greeted as liberators--remember that?
--WMD's--Remember that?

It all turned out to be total bullshit. There was no way Iraq was any kind of threat to the US. The war was waged on false pretenses.

And remember Bush was saying as late as early March of '03 that he wanted to wage war as a last resort, yet people who have talked have said that the Bush team had in their minds to go after Iraq as soon as Bush came to power.

So ya, Casey Sheehan was duped.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 09:09:58 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
GeraldFord
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2007, 08:57:37 PM »

As for " deposing a genocidal dictator," you do know that the US put him into power and gave him all kinds of weapons for years and years, and the US knew damn well then what a "genocidal dictator" he was then too. 
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2007, 09:59:54 PM »

Who the F knows! Thats the point!!!!  I'm sure SHE knows a lot better than some guy on a GNR message board!  Tell you what buddy, why don't you go ask her yourself since you seem so eager to give her a piece of your mind....   Then again, I'm sure the speculation of COMPLETE strangers would be more accurate than the guys own mother. 

« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 10:10:15 PM by Butters » Logged

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2007, 10:11:25 PM »

As for " deposing a genocidal dictator," you do know that the US put him into power and gave him all kinds of weapons for years and years, and the US knew damn well then what a "genocidal dictator" he was then too. 
Of course. But as we all know, if the US didn't financially and militarily support fascist war criminal dictators across the globe we'd all be enveloped by the commie menace. And if we hadn't worked with the Russians during WW2 we'd all be speaking German. And if the US hadn't waited for three years before being bombed into the second world war, uh, we'd . . . no, I'm all out.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2007, 10:29:30 PM »

Does this mean that everyone who is still signing up for our Armed Forces are duped and don't know Bush has lied to them about the war?

SLCPUNK
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2007, 10:31:29 PM »

Does this mean that everyone who is still signing up for our Armed Forces are duped and don't know Bush has lied to them about the war?

Loaded question if there ever was one.

I'd answer it honestly, but you can't handle the truth, never could.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2007, 10:37:34 PM »

Loaded question if there ever was one.

I'd answer it honestly, but you can't handle the truth, never could.

No, it's not a loaded question. And since your so quick to jump to assuptions, it becomes clear that you just want to start shit and say I can't handle what you believe are "truths."

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2007, 10:53:47 PM »

Are there still people out there who believe Iraq and Sadamm had something to do with 9-11?

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2007, 11:00:40 PM »

Are there still people out there who believe Iraq and Sadamm had something to do with 9-11?

Maybe? People's beliefs are going to range from from end of the scale to the other. But what I'm saying, is that there are people who believe with all their heart that this war is right and are willing to sign up again and again to go and fight what they believe is a rightful war/cause.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2007, 11:03:57 PM »

Maybe? People's beliefs are going to range from from end of the scale to the other. But what I'm saying, is that there are people who believe with all their heart that this war is right and are willing to sign up again and again to go and fight what they believe is a rightful war/cause.

I'm sure there are people out there like that - but Casey Sheehan re-enlisting doesn't mean that he believed with all of his heart the war is right.  It could mean a number of things.  You and I can guess all we want but I would think its safe to assume his mother knew a little more than Butters and Drew from HTGTH.com.  Agreed?

GeraldFord
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2007, 11:07:13 PM »

As for " deposing a genocidal dictator," you do know that the US put him into power and gave him all kinds of weapons for years and years, and the US knew damn well then what a "genocidal dictator" he was then too.?
Of course. But as we all know, if the US didn't financially and militarily support fascist war criminal dictators across the globe we'd all be enveloped by the commie menace. And if we hadn't worked with the Russians during WW2 we'd all be speaking German. And if the US hadn't waited for three years before being bombed into the second world war, uh, we'd . . . no, I'm all out.
What gives the US the right to arbitrarily decide what fascists to support and which dictators to overthrow? Fighting the commie menace? What kind of bullshit is that. And any kind of analogy that compares arming Saddam in the 80s with working with the Russians during WW2 is totally assnine and has brought the board to new levels of absurdity.

EDIT:

Oh ya...you wuz kiddin'
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 11:09:29 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2007, 11:08:59 PM »

I'm sure there are people out there like that - but Casey Sheehan re-enlisting doesn't mean that he believed with all of his heart the war is right.  It could mean a number of things.  You and I can guess all we want but I would think its safe to assume his mother knew a little more than Butters and Drew from HTGTH.com.  Agreed?

I can agree with you some but not completely. I'm not saying you are wrong and I am right. Just as you can go on how you feel, so can I. And by saying that, I believe how telling it was of her son to sign up the second time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: