Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:49:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  [AUDIO] Guns N' Roses - Las Vegas April 8th 2016
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: [AUDIO] Guns N' Roses - Las Vegas April 8th 2016  (Read 11225 times)
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2016, 02:49:40 AM »

The info file was harsh, disrespectful and innecesary. But above all, FALSE.
I believe it's more like a tongue-in-cheek humor, or trolling, if you want - you need to take it with a grain of salt and not totally seriously Wink

yeah, take it with some humor. And check the musicians info on LIVE ERA, too. if you take that too serious aswell....then blame Mr. Axl in the first place.
the whole Not-In-This-Lifetime-tour is mostly about Slash (and Duff to an extent) getting back, the tourname promotes it, the screens aswell (3x AFD skulls there, but no Fortus skull for example), the logos....about everything's related to THAT past. Don't forget the music industry and the main public wants exactly that, too! But i get it, if you LOVE the other new/old line-ups more, thats fine. go make a Melissa Reese and Dizzy fanclub, because its mainly about them  Wink. or avoid anything from this line-up as other fans did with prior line-ups.....or try to not let that kind of thing bother you at all and enjoy what we have.

Peace out!

Limulus

There's one thing that's objective and impossible to deny: the one that defines what is GNR, and who are their members, is not you.

so who is it? you?  Shocked
those dancing girls are GN'R 2016? Robin and Buckethead are? those two doesnt make it on the screens, Slash, Axl and Duff skulls do though (not even Izzy and Steven). but not any other musician. like zombux said: "that still doesn't explain much about involvement - touring member? temporary contract? full membership?" you have to be pretty unrealistic to believe that Richard would get the same $$ than Slash, Duff, Axl. this tour is all about the return of those 3 on stage together, all the rest are additional musicians who could be replaced faster than you would imagine.

you may also take a look in here:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/report-delves-into-financials-of-guns-n-roses-summer-tour/

"The three "core" members of the current GUNS N' ROSES reunion lineup ? Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan ? will evenly split profits from the band's upcoming North American tour, according to Page Six. The three originals are also the only band members whose names are being featured in advertising for the tour, with additional members Richard Fortus, Frank Ferrer, Dizzy Reed and Melissa Reese not highlighted.
According to The Pulse Of Radio, the four non-core members are probably being paid a salary for the live shows. Axl Rose, who owns the GN'R brand, had all the members of the previous GUNS lineup, which included no founding members but him, under salary.
"

Anyway, enjoy the music, tour, past, other bands, whatever Smiley

Re-Union time, baby!!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2016, 10:30:45 AM »

Whatever man. We all know how the how the marketing and financials are and that previous new members were paid a salary. Doesn't change a thing.

If your benchmark is the Live Era, could you check how Dizzy was listed? Thanks.

Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2016, 10:48:50 AM »

Whatever man. We all know how the how the marketing and financials are and that previous new members were paid a salary. Doesn't change a thing.

If your benchmark is the Live Era, could you check how Dizzy was listed? Thanks.

He was listed under the category "the band".

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2016, 11:00:13 AM »

I believe it's more like a tongue-in-cheek humor, or trolling, if you want - you need to take it with a grain of salt and not totally seriously Wink

yeah, take it with some humor. And check the musicians info on LIVE ERA, too. if you take that too serious aswell....then blame Mr. Axl in the first place.
the whole Not-In-This-Lifetime-tour is mostly about Slash (and Duff to an extent) getting back, the tourname promotes it, the screens aswell (3x AFD skulls there, but no Fortus skull for example), the logos....about everything's related to THAT past. Don't forget the music industry and the main public wants exactly that, too! But i get it, if you LOVE the other new/old line-ups more, thats fine. go make a Melissa Reese and Dizzy fanclub, because its mainly about them  Wink. or avoid anything from this line-up as other fans did with prior line-ups.....or try to not let that kind of thing bother you at all and enjoy what we have.

Peace out!

Limulus

There's one thing that's objective and impossible to deny: the one that defines what is GNR, and who are their members, is not you.

so who is it? you?  Shocked
those dancing girls are GN'R 2016? Robin and Buckethead are? those two doesnt make it on the screens, Slash, Axl and Duff skulls do though (not even Izzy and Steven). but not any other musician. like zombux said: "that still doesn't explain much about involvement - touring member? temporary contract? full membership?" you have to be pretty unrealistic to believe that Richard would get the same $$ than Slash, Duff, Axl. this tour is all about the return of those 3 on stage together, all the rest are additional musicians who could be replaced faster than you would imagine.

you may also take a look in here:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/report-delves-into-financials-of-guns-n-roses-summer-tour/

"The three "core" members of the current GUNS N' ROSES reunion lineup ? Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan ? will evenly split profits from the band's upcoming North American tour, according to Page Six. The three originals are also the only band members whose names are being featured in advertising for the tour, with additional members Richard Fortus, Frank Ferrer, Dizzy Reed and Melissa Reese not highlighted.
According to The Pulse Of Radio, the four non-core members are probably being paid a salary for the live shows. Axl Rose, who owns the GN'R brand, had all the members of the previous GUNS lineup, which included no founding members but him, under salary.[/b]"

Anyway, enjoy the music, tour, past, other bands, whatever Smiley

But they weren't listed as additional musicians in the Appetite for Democracy Booklet for example.
There is the same situation in 2016. Melissa Reese is a band member with another contract than Slash.

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2016, 11:38:23 AM »

He was listed under the category "the band".
I know, that was my point. Wink

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2016, 02:51:37 PM »

and how was Matt listed on Live Era?  Cheesy

this "Not-In-This-Lifetime" is that huge mainly because of Slash (and Duff) being back full time, not because of Dizzy still there. It's about the 3 Core members, nothing rude in there.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2016, 04:55:29 PM »

Both Matt and Gilby. So? Dizzy was still there. And obviously the tour is about the big three, I dont see anyone disputing the marketing choice.

I just don't know why you felt the need to do this. But then again, you called CD songs as "Axl's songs", so I guess you're just trolling people. Good for you.

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2016, 05:40:40 PM »

But Matt played on illusions + tour aswell, still he was listed as additional musician on Live Era. see? all sounds familar, you should be used to it.
and as its about the big 3 right now, then CD songs are only about one of them - which is Axl, so they're his songs, not Duff's or Slash's, thats why the listing. i couldnt care less about how people need to define "their" GN'R version. To me it's about the Core members and so is the recent tour. people can (and do) post "their" ultimate definition of GN'R (members) all the time, thats fine. But doing that, you should respect other fans' views aswell  peace

Re-Union time, baby!!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2016, 07:36:27 PM »

Yeah, whatever. I don't think you can say much about respect.

Keep it up with your good work.

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2016, 06:14:22 AM »

you two, stop this bullshit already and enjoy what we have Tongue

Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2016, 06:58:46 AM »

Peace out!

Limulus

I still see the ChiDem images in the videowalls, the band playing the songs of their sixth studio album, and Slash playing (and ruining it without mercy) them.

You're clearly not talented at humour. But you're great at taping! Good stuff and thank you for sharing it with us (this particular recording, and all the other ones in the past)  beer

Let it go man.  Your dream is over.  It ended in Vegas in 2014.  And it was long overdue.  At least we got two real members back, so let's enjoy that, and not focus on irrelevant bullshit.

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2016, 12:21:42 AM »

Peace out!

Limulus

Good Point, I Agree -_>

GNR Also Is:

Beta Lebeis
Vanessa Lebeis
Fernando Lebeis

Others Members:

Lana Del Rey
Sasha Volkova
Cara Delevingne

smoking