Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:30:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227924 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  My band. no real name yet though but Movie inside
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My band. no real name yet though but Movie inside  (Read 1745 times)
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« on: January 20, 2008, 05:10:44 PM »

Hey boys N Girls.

I just started a rockband, No name, but CLowns on Crack stood up from some others.
Me and the drummer(Jordy) played together yesterday, Stan the rythm guitar player couldn't come to bad:(
but no deal.

We played a few covers.

and wrote our own song called, Donkey's An*s from Mianus.

here's the link          http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ACdRDTzGcQ
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 09:32:28 PM »

I really didn't like it, I'm sorry.

Im not a pro trought but it sounds poor. Maybe you guys could add some groove by adding a bass player

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 01:18:40 PM »

I knowit doesn't sound like anything yet. but it's a start though.
We're working on it.

We have like 3 guitar players if posible, so we''re hoping one is going to change to Bass. But due to camera quality the sound is to blurry, guitar was to low.    but I'm updating with more vid's from more stuff soon.  don't think this is it, we're going to change it alot, as our rythm guitar player is going to give it some rythm, and I will give it a great solo stuff.
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 11:37:03 AM »

Cool. And it's really good idea to record... and then review everything. Is the best way to detect mistakes and work over them.

Keep working !

peace

greendog
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 09:46:38 AM »

I really, really don't want to sound like a dick... so I'm just going to give you some advice, make of it what you will.

Theres no point in promoting a new band when you havent even got something band worthy (you said not all the band was there) to showcase.

Like you have just proved yourself:
I know it doesn't sound like anything yet. but it's a start though.
We're working on it.

It sounds as though you're trying to sugarcoat your band in way that makes people believe you are actually better than that. If thats the case... hold on a few weeks before you post a clip up. First impressions count, especially on the internet... people remember names of bands and if they see a link to a 'new' clip of a band they thought was shit a while back its highly unlikely that they are going to waste their internet connection waiting for another shoddy video clip to buffer. Regardless on how much the band has improved.

---

But due to camera quality the sound is to blurry, guitar was to low.

That suggests to people that you recognise video problems but lack the dedication to make it sound good to the people who count. Potential fans.

---

Don't think this is it, we're going to change it alot.

Then what was the point in showcasing already dated material?

---

At the end of the day, when you post stuff up make sure its a good representation of the band. Words and excuses can't polish turds. People see through shit... especially kids.

Hope you didn't take offence to any of that.  peace
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: