Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:44:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How are tickets selling so far for the tour....?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How are tickets selling so far for the tour....?  (Read 15923 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2009, 10:42:41 AM »

but it makes total sense to me that the band plays elsewhere first. It seems to me that outside of the U.S. people are more recpetive to the new music and don't have as much of the "it's not gnr without Slash..." bullshit.

Yeah.

It seems like people took what I said personally.

I thought it was obvious that it was a generalization and very simplified look at how things are.

Apparently not since a few of you feel personally targeted and insulted.

I'm sorry about that, I thought I made it clear that not all American GN'R fans are that kind of whiners.

But I see certain kinds of people only post when they got something negative to say. So there's a tour announced, they don't care. There's some good news that might not directly involve them, they don't care.

Unless they feel like ridiculing it.

The whole idea of this site is to not cater to those people.

I don't care if you're not attending shows in a country far away. It's unfortunate that you can't, but don't dare to ridicule it or try to bring down those who are excited/happy/attending/looking forward to the shows.

What kind of a fan site would make you feel guilty for being excited about seeing the best band in the world on tour? Not this one.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2009, 02:15:24 PM »

Jarmo - why not just delete this thread? by constantly berating those that do just want to be negative, you're making their voices even louder (and inadvertently alienating some true die-hards). 

there are plenty of what you would consider "A+" fans that are genuinely interested in ticket sales. who hasn't checked total sales of their favorite bands, whether it be record or ticket sales? we all do it.

we want to see them do well so that the GnR machine continues to roll on. if the tour starts taking off, it increases the chances of more good things down the road. but those same fans that do support the band don't care very much if ticket sales are weak. it's not a big deal.

and for anyone questioning the US' love of GnR....should we total up all the ticket sales this decade where GnR was actually a headliner? i think if we did, suddenly the US' support for this band looks a little stronger than many of you like to portray. also, that 5 million in record sales figure...i believe 1/5 of that is from the US alone.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2009, 02:34:09 PM »

No, I'm trying to make the silent supportive fans understand that the behavior they might see from certain fans isn't necessarily the norm.

The negative minority doesn't have to be the most vocal group.... That can be fixed.

and for anyone questioning the US' love of GnR....should we total up all the ticket sales this decade where GnR was actually a headliner? i think if we did, suddenly the US' support for this band looks a little stronger than many of you like to portray. also, that 5 million in record sales figure...i believe 1/5 of that is from the US alone.

Once again, somebody took what I said personally.

No matter how many times I explain it, it doesn't fucking register.

"You said something bad about USA! How dare you!".

Yes, the USA is a huge market, yes there are real GN'R fans in the USA, no not everybody is a whiner who knows what's best for GN'R.

And since some of you like to read what I post so you can make comments elsewhere, I have a surprise for you. Yes, I do have a mind of my own!

Surprise!

If I say something it's my opinion. Otherwise I would say so. Fucking conspiracy theorists everywhere.

Did I say the USA don't deserve a tour? No I didn't.

That would be moronic.

The fact that what I said gets this kind of reaction kinda proves my point. People don't like being called out on the shit they do.

Can you seriously say that since the last US tour, some people haven't been focusing on the "half filled arenas" instead of focusing how fucking awesome the shows were?

A short version of what I've said for those who might not have time to read it all:

I don't hate the USA.

I don't think all US GN'R fans are whiners.

I hope the USA gets a GN'R tour.

People should understand that negativity and whining isn't constructive.

My posts are my opinions and my points of view, nobody else's unless it specifically says so.

Do I think other countries seem more enthusiastic about GN'R or rock concerts in general? Yeah, that's how it looks to me. If that offends you as an American, I'm sorry.

If it makes no sense to me how you're whining about a setlist for a show from a band, that's supposed to be your favorite band, and especially if you don't even get the chance to see the band on tour every year, I'm sorry.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 03:53:57 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2009, 10:33:36 PM »

Whitesnake Without S. Vai, Not exist?

Ozzy Without R. Rhoads Not Exist?

Metallica Without Cliff Burton & Dave Mustaine Not Exist ?

Guns N' Roses Whithout Buckethead & Slash Not Exist ?

Please... This theme Is Old... Only Ignorants & No Fans/Haters Of GNR Can Discussions This. You Believe Sales Is Bad ??.. NAHHHHHHHH... Wait Moment, I Believe Canada Several SOLD OUT, And IF Not ?

NOT INTERESTED IN ME,  It Comes Amazing Tour, New Music, New Scenarios, Visual, Surprises, etc, etc..

GUNS N' ROSES AGAIN Kick Ass ?? Comming Soon... More Info Man.

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2009, 03:16:55 AM »

guns n roses don't excist without buckethead?Huh?
the most stupiest thing ever

BTW GNR still excist....
sandman
Legend

« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2009, 09:33:37 AM »

No, I'm trying to make the silent supportive fans understand that the behavior they might see from certain fans isn't necessarily the norm.

The negative minority doesn't have to be the most vocal group.... That can be fixed.

Once again, somebody took what I said personally.

No matter how many times I explain it, it doesn't fucking register.

"You said something bad about USA! How dare you!".

Yes, the USA is a huge market, yes there are real GN'R fans in the USA, no not everybody is a whiner who knows what's best for GN'R.

And since some of you like to read what I post so you can make comments elsewhere, I have a surprise for you. Yes, I do have a mind of my own!

Surprise!

If I say something it's my opinion. Otherwise I would say so. Fucking conspiracy theorists everywhere.

Did I say the USA don't deserve a tour? No I didn't.

That would be moronic.

The fact that what I said gets this kind of reaction kinda proves my point. People don't like being called out on the shit they do.

Can you seriously say that since the last US tour, some people haven't been focusing on the "half filled arenas" instead of focusing how fucking awesome the shows were?

A short version of what I've said for those who might not have time to read it all:

I don't hate the USA.

I don't think all US GN'R fans are whiners.

I hope the USA gets a GN'R tour.

People should understand that negativity and whining isn't constructive.

My posts are my opinions and my points of view, nobody else's unless it specifically says so.

Do I think other countries seem more enthusiastic about GN'R or rock concerts in general? Yeah, that's how it looks to me. If that offends you as an American, I'm sorry.

If it makes no sense to me how you're whining about a setlist for a show from a band, that's supposed to be your favorite band, and especially if you don't even get the chance to see the band on tour every year, I'm sorry.

/jarmo

NO Jarmo - i didn't take ANYTHING you said personally. relax, bro. and stop being so paranoid.

you gave YOUR opinion (as did some others about the "U.S. negative BS"). i gave MY opinion. simple as that. i think it's ok for 2 gnr fans to disagree about something. no hard feelings.  beer
(and for the record, those comparisons do not make much sense because of all the factors involved. it's impossible to get an apples to apples comparison.)

and i also disagree with you about rock concerts in the U.S. what are you basing your opinion on? several rock bands are selling out venues of all sizes all over the U.S. (again, i'm not offended...just offering my opinion.  ok)

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2009, 09:58:26 AM »

and i also disagree with you about rock concerts in the U.S. what are you basing your opinion on? several rock bands are selling out venues of all sizes all over the U.S. (again, i'm not offended...just offering my opinion.  ok)

Yes, bands sell out concerts in the USA too.

I'm basing my opinion on the fact that it seems to me like the level of loyalty seems to differ between certain parts of the world.

I think a lot of people have noticed that crowds are different in different parts of the world. Maybe to you the US crowds are the most loyal and enthusiastic.

That's fine.

I might disagree with that.

It's not a question of who's the best, just pointing out differences.

All true GN'R fans are awesome!

/jarmo

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2009, 12:06:45 PM »

I own a copy of Chinese Democracy and Jarmo just said i was awesome, now i can die a happy man  smoking
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2009, 12:26:52 PM »

I own a copy of Chinese Democracy and Jarmo just said i was awesome, now i can die a happy man  smoking

You had to ruin it. You just proved me wrong.

Fuck!  Cry

/jarmo

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2009, 01:24:24 PM »

You had to ruin it. You just proved me wrong.

Fuck!  Cry

/jarmo

this day got even better, I proved jarmo wrong and he admitted it! now i'm gonna eat my bacon, cause bacon's good for me
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2009, 01:23:32 AM »

Well you'd be one of them now wouldn't you.

Tongue

Many of them don't even attend any shows. Doesn't stop them from whining though....

So if you take a quick look at where people do appreciate GN'R, suddenly the USA doesn't top that list.

It seems to me that a GN'R tour is more welcomed elsewhere without the stupid negativity. Especially before a tour has even started.

That's my impression. You might disagree.

/jarmo

Well no, I didn't say anything about ticket sales actually.  I could care less.  I'm just on your message board.

Actually, based on the almost 15 years I've been "trolling" your board in some way or another - though admittedly you'd know the demographics better than me - I'd say well over half the people who post aren't from the U.S. so i'm assuming a good percentage of whoever's talking about ticket sales don't live in America.

Personally, I bought the album and the vinyl, I go to the shows, I don't care how many people are there, I'd enjoy an altered setlist on this tour but I'll take what I can get.

Regarding going to countries other than the U.S. to start next year's tour, the truth of it is less "they don't want to play where a tiny fraction of their fanbase complains on message boards" and more "Chinese sold way better outside the U.S. where it wasn't confined to Best Buy".  Maybe you disagree.

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2009, 05:51:09 AM »

but it makes total sense to me that the band plays elsewhere first. It seems to me that outside of the U.S. people are more recpetive to the new music and don't have as much of the "it's not gnr without Slash..." bullshit.

Also outside the US (at least in my country which is in the EU) also a lot of people say 'it's not GN'R anymore without Slash and the other old members....
So I don't think this kind of 'idea' lives in the US only...

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2009, 01:43:46 PM »

outside the us, don't they tend to be fans of particular music magazines and critics? 
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2009, 02:48:09 AM »

Well you'd be one of them now wouldn't you.

Tongue

Many of them don't even attend any shows. Doesn't stop them from whining though....

So if you take a quick look at where people do appreciate GN'R, suddenly the USA doesn't top that list.

It seems to me that a GN'R tour is more welcomed elsewhere without the stupid negativity. Especially before a tour has even started.

That's my impression. You might disagree.

/jarmo

Well no, I didn't say anything about ticket sales actually.  I could care less.  I'm just on your message board.

Actually, based on the almost 15 years I've been "trolling" your board in some way or another - though admittedly you'd know the demographics better than me - I'd say well over half the people who post aren't from the U.S. so i'm assuming a good percentage of whoever's talking about ticket sales don't live in America.

Personally, I bought the album and the vinyl, I go to the shows, I don't care how many people are there, I'd enjoy an altered setlist on this tour but I'll take what I can get.

Regarding going to countries other than the U.S. to start next year's tour, the truth of it is less "they don't want to play where a tiny fraction of their fanbase complains on message boards" and more "Chinese sold way better outside the U.S. where it wasn't confined to Best Buy".  Maybe you disagree.

I gotta say that I DO care about ticket sales....just as much as I care about GNR promoting themselves to help that cause.  Do I listen to GNR in my car or at home by myself and enjoy it not giving a rats ass if anyone else likes it?...yes!  Would I attend a GNR concert in a half empty building?...yes!  However, when concerts are sold out, or close to, it is a special experience.  The energy from the crowd not only gets in your veins, but it also helps with the band and they often feed off of it and produce more energy themselves.  This is why I hope that as time goes on, this album will continue to sink into peoples heads, GNR will eventually make some public appearances, make a couple videos, more singles, etc.  When they come back to the USA, I would love to attend the concert in a packed house and be able to say...GNR is back!  I want these new players to get noticed as much as possible, because they have done a hell of a job.  And when this happens, I can official say fuck off to all those people who can't get over the fact that Slash is gone.       

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2009, 08:25:27 AM »

I also think that maybe those two are related. Maybe an album sells more in places where people might be more supportive and/or more open minded.

/jarmo

falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2009, 09:40:11 AM »

I also think that maybe those two are related. Maybe an album sells more in places where people might be more supportive and/or more open minded.

/jarmo

look, i'm an american and i love my country, but jarmo is right.  we are known for being very close-minded people.  especially when it comes to guns n' roses.  they're so quick to judge axl here and hold a biased opinion against him for not doing everything the american media wants him to do.  okay, american fans, you didn't like the VMA performance... neither did axl!  you didn't like the 2k2 tour... fine.  not nuts about the leaks, okay got it... but at a certain point you just have to keep an open mind and realize that just because you didn't like a handful of gnr's performances or songs, it's not the whole picture.  it's always way more complicated and there are so many things going on behind the scenes at all times that it's almost impossible for an outsider to understand what's really happening or why.  but all you have to do is just simply keep and open mind and have faith that axl knows what he wants and how to get it.  it's not hard for SOME americans to do.  but most americans are the opposite of jarmo.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: